Army: 12 dead in 31 wounded shooting attacks at Fort Hood base in Texas

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
''Shooting someone doesn't make them a hero/heroine. ''

She was injured in the line of duty. Yet, she still stopped a maniac from doing more harm. That's heroism as far as I am concerned.

Luckily, the Republican party and its friends have not succeeded in forcing women to wear burqas and walk barefooted or she would not have been there to help the victims.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This clearly demonstrates that western society has let its enemies walk among us in
the general population and our institutions. We are on a collision course in history and its time we faced the facts and quit pussy footing. There are some measures
we can enact in this country. the war measures act being one. Round up those who are suspects. If we find some engaged in suspicious activity deport them.
Places of social gathering and prayer, that preach defined hatred or insurrection
should be shut down and the perps, arrested.
Personally I am against what happened in Iraq and in favor of what we are doing in
Afghanistan. We cannot have dialogue with people who have only religious dogma
to sustain them. I say its time to givem, hell no holes barred, both in the theatres
of war and in our communities. I am fed up with people coming here and then
engaging in acts that are not in keeping with the society in which we live.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Yet we in the West have no qualms about sending our people to those countries to carry out similar acts of barbarity against their people, innocent men, women and children alike.
Then, when evidence of such acts are leaked out, our gov. run media, whenever possible, conveniently play down the events `they, the victims, were in the wrong place at the wrong time`.. if not sweep the entire incident under the rug...out of sight, out of mind.

This appeasing tactic may be acceptable for us here in the West but does nothing to calm the rage famlies of those slaughtered by our hands, feel.

Americans should not be so dam naive and expect more of the same on their soil in the future.
After all, `all is fair in love and war`, no?

This clearly demonstrates that western society has let its enemies walk among us in
the general population and our institutions. We are on a collision course in history and its time we faced the facts and quit pussy footing. There are some measures
we can enact in this country. the war measures act being one. Round up those who are suspects. If we find some engaged in suspicious activity deport them.
Places of social gathering and prayer, that preach defined hatred or insurrection
should be shut down and the perps, arrested.
Personally I am against what happened in Iraq and in favor of what we are doing in
Afghanistan. We cannot have dialogue with people who have only religious dogma
to sustain them. I say its time to givem, hell no holes barred, both in the theatres
of war and in our communities. I am fed up with people coming here and then
engaging in acts that are not in keeping with the society in which we live.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Luckily, the Republican party and its friends have not succeeded in forcing women to wear burqas or she would not have been there to help the victims.
This is what many Muslims want, not the Republicans.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Reps would prefer if women were uneducated, barefoot, fussing around in the kitchen, and spewing babies. The clothing doesn't really matter.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
'''This is what many Muslims want, not the Republicans. '''

Republicans, not Muslims, voted sexist McDonnell as new governor in Virginia.

You must admit that some old Democrats voted that way as well. He could not have won without their votes..

This is the nature of politics :-|

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Yet we in the West have no qualms about sending our people to those countries to carry out similar acts of barbarity against their people, innocent men, women and children alike.
Then, when evidence of such acts are leaked out, our gov. run media, whenever possible, conveniently play down the events `they, the victims, were in the wrong place at the wrong time`.. if not sweep the entire incident under the rug...out of sight, out of mind.

This appeasing tactic may be acceptable for us here in the West but does nothing to calm the rage famlies of those slaughtered by our hands, feel.

Americans should not be so dam naive and expect more of the same on their soil in the future.
After all, `all is fair in love and war`, no?

JBeee - Ever wonder why the Muslim extremists never bother the Russians???? You should have the answer for that now, shouldn't you?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
JBeee - Ever wonder why the Muslim extremists never bother the Russians???? You should have the answer for that now, shouldn't you?
I noticed that, too. They also don't seem to harass China much. lol

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I noticed that, too. They also don't seem to harass China much. lol
AnnaGRussians do not go after the little guy - they go after people way up the food chain - find them and kill them - seems to work. http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1150885872492&pagename=JPArticle%2FShowFullPresident Valdimir Putin has ordered Russian special services to hunt down the killers of four Russian hostages in Iraq, news agencies reported Wednesday.

"The president has ordered the special forces to take all necessary measures to find and destroy the criminals who killed Russian diplomats in Iraq," news agencies said, citing the Kremlin press service.The order follows Monday's confirmation by the Foreign Ministry that four Russians working at the embassy in Iraq had been killed; they were seized in early .Russia has strongly opposed the US-led military campaign in Iraq.

</SPAN>http://www.isn.ethz.ch/isn/Current-Affairs/Security-Watch/Detail/?ots591=4888CAA0-B3DB-1461-98B9-E20E7B9C13D4&lng=en&id=52068Russian president Vladimir Putin last week ordered his country's secret services to seek and destroy the killers of four Russian diplomats abducted in Iraq. The move is not only designed to divert public anger over the slaying, but signals that the Kremlin is not in the least bit shy about extrajudicial executions of suspected terrorists and radicals abroad."The president has ordered the special forces to take all necessary measures to find and destroy the criminals who killed Russian diplomats in Iraq," the Kremlin press service said.Putin made the statements during a meeting in Moscow with Saudi Arabia's Prince Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud. Russia would be "grateful to all its friends for any information on the criminals who killed our citizens in Iraq, Putin told the Saudi prince.Putin's order came two days after the Russian Foreign Ministry confirmed that four Russians diplomats working at the embassy in Iraq had been killed. Mujahedin Shura Council, an al-Qaida linked group, claimed responsibility for their abduction 3 June and subsequent execution. The group had demanded that the Kremlin pull its troops out of Chechnya in exchange for freeing the diplomats.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

I know what you are getting at, but you are way off in left field. Russia has its own problems with Islamists.....even after Afghanistan....

Ever hear of Chechnya?? The Besian school attack?? The Moscow Theatre hostage situation?? Just to name a couple of the dozens of attacks by Muslim extremists inside Russia or on Russians.....

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Anna...I kinda fancy myself as Liberal but wouldn`t mind you fussing around in my kitchen, barefoot..heck clothing optional for that matter!!;-)

Reps would prefer if women were uneducated, barefoot, fussing around in the kitchen, and spewing babies. The clothing doesn't really matter.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I know what you are getting at, but you are way off in left field. Russia has its own problems with Islamists.....even after Afghanistan....

Ever hear of Chechnya?? The Besian school attack?? The Moscow Theatre hostage situation?? Just to name a couple of the dozens of attacks by Muslim extremists inside Russia or on Russians.....
ColpyI am familiar with them all - look at Chechnya now - Ruled by the son of a former guerilla - Different scenario - I am referring to how many Russian are not bothered by anyone in the Mid East - reason - Russia gets even - Not comparable -

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
ColpyI am familiar with them all - look at Chechnya now - Ruled by the son of a former guerilla - Different scenario - I am referring to how many Russian are not bothered by anyone in the Mid East - reason - Russia gets even - Not comparable -

Perhaps not....but I don't see the connection between the Russian tendency to kill'em all and let God sort'em out and a mass shooting by an American citizen.....born in the USA.

BTW, did you hear the FBI checked out the shooter last year.....discovered he had connections with an imam suspected of al-queda connections.....and gave him a PASS anyway?????

OOOPSS!!!!!

People forget that at the root of it, Americans are commited to freedom......so much so they would not, or could not, act in the face of a clear threat.

Thankfully, these guys are our allies, not the other side.... :)