Are these guys real Muslims

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Are the Nation of Islam (NOI) a real and recognized branch of the Muslim faith? I thought muslims werent supposed to be racist, but apparently this branch of muslims are...

Can someone clarify this for me?

The Nation of Islam accepts black members only, and yes, mainstream Muslims reject them for that reason. From my experience in the past (I had Muslim family and friends, and had encountered the Nation of Islam in Montreal), though Islam has been suffering from religious fanaticism lately, it tends to be quite open to all races. I'm not saying there is no racism at all among Muslims, but merely that, generally speaking, they are quite open to all races, and so the Nation of Islam is anathema to that principle. Many Muslims will accept the members of the Nation of Islam as Muslim, but will still disagree profoundly with its blacks-only policy.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
So muslims are actually racist?

Not quite. It is no more racist than the Christian Faith or any other faith for that matter. Islam, as defined by its sacred texts, rejects racism altogether, but we can't judge a Faith by its followers. Islam cannot be judged by the Nation of Islam any more than the Christian Faith can be judged by the KKK.

Reactions: EagleSmack

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
eanassir so then other muslims accept the NOI for being racists? Are you racist do you hate me cause im white :lol:...

I take it when these guys make the pilgramage to mecca they are received with open arms for representing islam as a racist religon?

What you're saying is totally illogical. That would be like saying that some professed Christians are racist, and that therefore all Christians are racist. In the end we have to judge the Christian Faith based on the words and deeds of Christ. The same applies with Islam. It must be based on the words and deeds of Muhammad. The same applies to any religion.

Downhome_Woman

Electoral Member
Dec 2, 2008
Ontariariario
There are many sects of Jews, Christians and Muslims.

The most correct among them may be one way: the devotion to God alone with no enthusiasm about patron saints, rabbis and imams; and they should believe in all the apostles including Mohammed and in all the revealed books including the Quran.

Huh? This is gibberish (you understand what gibberish is?)In Islam, what is the correct way?

Downhome_Woman

Electoral Member
Dec 2, 2008
Ontariariario
No, Johnnny. Muslims and doctrins of Islam, in fact, cannot be considered as racist but the policies and leaders of some countries who declare themselves as Muslim are racist so, what they do isn't appropriate to Islam itself but they made up a story a long time ago after Mohammed as Shariah by which they try to prove their actions-they consider it as the interpretation of Koran adding some customs of Arabians as well.

If you are a real Muslim , you should be more tolerate and patient as Mohammed wished and did. but nowadays ,some Muslims and leaders ignore that fact justifiying their acts putting forth Jihad.
I'm sorry Selin, but there ARE racist statements in the Quran - many statements towards the Jewish tribes and Jews in general are indeed racist.I wish it were otherwise

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Joining any group is an act of exclusion (of anybody not of that group) be it religious, political, sports, race or service club. Attaching a label to oneself is an act of bigotry.
?? Don't you mean prejudice?
I am female, among other things. :D
Life's a bitch.

"Main Entry: big·ot
Pronunciation: \ˈbi-gət\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot
Date: 1660
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; "

"preju·dice (prejə dis)
noun

1. a judgment or opinion formed before the facts are known; preconceived idea, favorable or, more usually, unfavorable"

Last edited:

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Joining any group is an act of exclusion (of anybody not of that group) be it religious, political, sports, race or service club. Attaching a label to oneself is an act of bigotry.

There are lots of organizations that accept anybody, some may have potential members jump thru hoops to get in, but anyone can try. (Females included. :smile: )

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'm sorry Selin, but there ARE racist statements in the Quran - many statements towards the Jewish tribes and Jews in general are indeed racist.I wish it were otherwise

First off, Judaism is a faith, not a race, and it's clear that the Qur'an intends it that way. Also, the Qur'an says many positive things about the Jewish Faith. You need to distinguish between Jews in general and the specific Jews referred to in that book (I've read the Qur'an cover to cover numerous times with pen and paper in hand). During that time, a number of tribes, including Jewish ones, had attacked Muhammad. Looking at it that way, the Bible too refers to Jews killing Jesus. Certainly it's not saying each and every Jew is responsible for the murder of Jesus. It's referring specifically to those Jews who'd participated in one way or another to bring about his crucifixion.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
A Muslim Jew-hater and supporter of genocide is flushed out.

YouTube - David Horowitz at UCSD 05 10 2010.avi

Neither the woman nor the man handled that exchange as they could have.

And I disagree with the woman's statement about supporting terrorism in the name of Islam. However, to say that all Muslims are terrorists because of her would be like saying all Christians are terrorists because of a few who support the murder of abortion doctors.

diamond lady

Jun 5, 2007
Salaam

They are not Muslims; they are a black racist cult

The group calls its followers Muslims, but in reality, they have very little to do with the faith of Islam.

A Muslim can not be racist, the prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) said

“All mankind are from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action

And Allah says in the Quran.

"Mankind! We created you from a male and female, and made you into peoples and tribes so that you might come to know each other. The noblest among you in God's sight is the one with the most piety (who best performs his duty to God). God is All-Knowing, All-Aware"(Quran)

For more information about the NOI ,and Islam see this link
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/656/viewall/

wa salaam

machjo great post! I love reading your posts.

May Allah guide you to the truth

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Not quite. It is no more racist than the Christian Faith or any other faith for that matter. Islam, as defined by its sacred texts, rejects racism altogether, but we can't judge a Faith by its followers. Islam cannot be judged by the Nation of Islam any more than the Christian Faith can be judged by the KKK.

You make a great point here. In fact I'll even give you a greenie!However I think that whereas the KKK is abhored by all the Nation is held at a higher level. They openly preach racism and recieve admiration from quite a few. It astounds me to hear some of their rhetoric. One Nation preacher (now deceased) had a video on youtube calling for the death of all white people making specific references to white women as they are the machines for giving birth to white people.

"Kill all them white women" he finished

Then he made reference to killing white babies because they grow up to be white devils.

"Kill all them white babies" he finished

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
You make a great point here. In fact I'll even give you a greenie!However I think that whereas the KKK is abhored by all the Nation is held at a higher level. They openly preach racism and recieve admiration from quite a few. It astounds me to hear some of their rhetoric. One Nation preacher (now deceased) had a video on youtube calling for the death of all white people making specific references to white women as they are the machines for giving birth to white people.

"Kill all them white women" he finished

Then he made reference to killing white babies because they grow up to be white devils.

"Kill all them white babies" he finished

The people who admire them would be the same who'd admire the KKK if they were white.

Though Muslims won't necessarily question the sincerity in the Nation of Islam's claim to profess Islam, they still reject its racist and violent rhetoric as anathema to Islam. Essentially, they're viewed by the majority of Muslims as misguided Muslims at best.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The people who admire them would be the same who'd admire the KKK if they were white.

Though Muslims won't necessarily question the sincerity in the Nation of Islam's claim to profess Islam, they still reject its racist and violent rhetoric as anathema to Islam. Essentially, they're viewed by the majority of Muslims as misguided Muslims at best.

This is where I disagree. The Nation is dealt with kid gloves. They are coddled to a point. When the KKK has a rally full weight is brought against them as it should be. The Nation can have a million man march and be looked on as a group fighting for equal rights when in actuallity the Nation preaches black segregation and black supremacy and violence against white people.

It was the Nation that assasinated Malcolm X when he had a self reformation and disavowed racism.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
This is where I disagree. The Nation is dealt with kid gloves. They are coddled to a point. When the KKK has a rally full weight is brought against them as it should be. The Nation can have a million man march and be looked on as a group fighting for equal rights when in actuallity the Nation preaches black segregation and black supremacy and violence against white people.

It was the Nation that assasinated Malcolm X when he had a self reformation and disavowed racism.

Relativity speaking, you are right.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
The claim that terrorist Muslims are not really Muslims is just about as ridiculous as Baptists or Pentecostals claiming that Roman Catholics are not really Christians.

Ulgundo

Nominee Member
May 15, 2010
Turkey
So muslims are actually racist? And that stuff they spew about everyone being equal is bull****? Cause i seen a muslim on here call our science master a devil, does that stem from the teachings of islam also?
The islam faith is not racist at all,but %90 of the followers are...(weird huh?)So it comes to whether you can judge a religion by its followers or not,my answer would be no,but i wouldnt be able to argue with you much if you said yes...

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The claim that terrorist Muslims are not really Muslims is just about as ridiculous as Baptists or Pentecostals claiming that Roman Catholics are not really Christians.
Or that right wing lunatics are not really conservatives? Or that charismatic Catholics are not true Catholics? Are Muslim terrorists any different than Christian terrorists? Do we paint all Muslims and Christians with the same brush? People come in all stripes, in varying shades of gray. Labels are not conducive to understanding and brotherhood.