Apocalypse in different religions

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The signs of the Last of Time or the Last Days can be divided into two categories:
1- portents of the coming of Doomsday.
2- signs predicting the coming of the Mahdi, who will come before Doomsday.

I think, Mahan meant the signs predicting the coming of the Mahdi.

thanks Motar , I think there are some similarities between biblical signs about Resurrection and Islamic signs about Apocalypse

Mahan, why is the Mahdi called the Qa'im or the 'raised up one'?

The signs predicting the coming of many prophets had been spread in communities in the past, as they have been now about the Mahdi.
Before Moses came, there had been such signs of the coming of the savior of the Children of Israel who would liberate them from the enslaving by Pharaoh.

Before the coming of Jesus, there had been predicting signs for the coming of three persons who had not come yet:
The Christ,
The Prophet (Mohammed)
And Elia who will be raised in the Last Days.

So when John Baptist started to preach the word of God and ask the sinners to repent, and to give the good news of the coming of Jesus Christ;
people came and asked him about those 3 persons: the Christ, the Prophet, and Elia (who is in fact the Mahdi that will be raised in the Last Days.) and he said: No, I am not anyone of them: I only am a voice in the wilderness crying: Repent from your sins.

Then when Jesus was captured by the Jews, who demanded the ruler to execute him, then the disciples saw him alive 3 days later, some of them said: It must be he is the one in the prophecy who will be raised in the Last Days.
So they deduced that he was the one that will be raised from the dead.

Hence, there had been such prediction in the community at that time: that there is one who will be raised from the dead, and they applied such prediction to Jesus, because they saw him 3 days after the event of the crucifixion of the man in the prison who was similar to him.

I mean there are signs of prediction of the coming of the next savior, the Mahdi, now and each party try to interpret and exploit such predictive signs to their ideology.

The outstanding predicting sign of the coming of the Mahdi (which is written in books since hundreds of years ago) is the excavation of the temple, or in Arabic كشف الهيكل

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I am about to begin a group study of the Bible book of Revelation. Lord willing, the group will assemble weekly for about nine months to unearth and discuss the details of this apocalupsis. As this study will include supporting prophecies from other books of the Bible, I expect to gain a more coherent and comprehensive understanding of the continuing revelation of God as it unfolds.
That would be an interesting study. If 'in-depth' means anything, the first two subjects that come up is who is 'brother John', as that defines who 'the message is to' and who belongs to the 7 Churches. If you say mankind there is no prize but it is as close to a correct answer as there is at the moment.

The seals being a prophecy would also be a lively discussion as that promotes a certain sequence on it's own. North America is about as 'wilderness as it gets' as far as events in Jerusalem unfolding. One recent headline promoted that Israel could come to their financial aid and as a bonus their air force could patrol the skies in defense of Greece saving them even more money.
Times that by 10 Nations and no wonder what the gossips would be promoting.

The Church is the un-named number in Re:7 and that is because even if she is around for the 1,000 year reign she gains many mote members at the Great White Throne. The Great White North is a far less frightening thing. If Mexico sends her kids we sent them our old people and a reduced pension check. Good only as long as they are alive.
North America would now have a younger work force so if something on a grand scale has to be done it isn't by people who need a nap every 4 hours of every day.
Let the orphans in Mexico keep the good ones and the other can be shark bait.

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Obviously not a "Christian" like myself. As I would never have requested anyone start a topic like this. Revelations are the drugged induced ramblings of a nutbar. It's chicken little scaremongering.

How a 'christian' and don't believe in revelations? Rather you are atheist and a Jew maybe.

Muslims follow a minion of Satan. They spread lies and spread fear.

Explain.

I am sick of all that nonsense.

With this sentence, I agree with you. I am sick of all that nonsense like you.
But you should be specific, damngrumpy.

Yes, I am sick, or in fact, I need not be sick of all the atheism, enthusiasm, homosexuality, adultery, stealing via the internet and by scientific way, division and dispersion of the religion, killing in the name of religion, stealing in the name of religion.
And in the name of every ideology.
The hypocrisy and injustice: e.g. is it justice to deprive Iran of its nuclear reactor, while they are silent about the nuclear reactor of Tel Aviv? Why for the latter they give all support and nuclear permission and to the other they refuse to consider even?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How a 'christian' and don't believe in revelations?
You will have the answer to that after he makes a few more posts. Jeremiah:25 has a common curse for all nations on the earth. There should be a common version of that sort of 'calamity' where the whole world is judged and most of the people die.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Whatever I think about the situation of Muslim countries :) they are the oppressed in this time), and how their situation may change and how the promise of God in the Quran that the religion of God the Islam will suprecede all religions in the end; I find one of two probabilities:
1- Either a devastating world war may occur in which the powerful states of the present world will disappear and then the Islam world may find its freedom and take breath; because these Zionists and Imperialists will not let any Muslim state become powerful, lest their advantage will fail.
2- Or the nations of the world in general will be guided to the monotheism and the religion of God and will believe in the Glorious Quran.

I hope for the second probability.

In the Quran 21: 105-106 which means:
{105. We have written in the Psalms after [writing] the admonition: "My righteous servants a shall inherit the earth."

106. Surely, in this [writing in the Psalms b] is an 'announcement' to a people who worship [God, and are righteous.] c}
a Among them will be the companions of the Mahdi.
This is in the Psalms about this respect; for it is written in the Psalm 73 of David; he said:
“1 Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong;
2 for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.
3 Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.
10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look for them, they will not be found.
11 But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace.
12 The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them;
13 but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.
14 The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy, to slay those whose ways are upright.
15 But their swords will pierce their own hearts, and their bows will be broken.
16 Better the little that the righteous have than the wealth of many wicked;
17 for the power of the wicked will be broken, but the Lord upholds the righteous.
18 The days of the blameless are known to the Lord, and their inheritance will endure forever.
19 In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.
20 But the wicked will perish: The Lord's enemies will be like the beauty of the fields, they will vanish—vanish like smoke.
21 The wicked borrow and do not repay, but the righteous give generously;
22 those the Lord blesses will inherit the land, but those he curses will be cut off.”

b That “those the Lord blesses will inherit the earth.”
c Therefore, contemplate, dear reader, about this subject and about the admonition which came in the Psalms, and at its end, he said: “those the Lord blesses will inherit the earth.” [There is some difference actually in various translations: in some it is written “those who wait for the Lord will inherit the earth.” In another, it is written: “those peaceable will inherit the earth.”]

Is not this identical with that which God has told about in the Glorious Quran? Is not this a scientific miracle and the best indication of the truthfulness of our Prophet Mohammed; when he told about what is in the Torah and the Psalms, while he was an illiterate man who did not read any books neither did he write; in spite of that the Torah and Psalms were not written in Arabic, but were in Hebrew, and the Torah and the Psalms have only been translated to Arabic in this time: the twentieth century?

And in fact, God – be glorified – is Truthful when He says in the Quran 87: 18-19, which means:
(Surely, [We mentioned all] this in the former [heavenly] scriptures: the scriptures of Abraham and [the scriptures of] Moses [: the Torah.])

The interpretation is according to Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly, may God's mercy be on him.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Echoes of the drastic thesis here propounded are to be heard in more than one modern work on religion, philosophy and psychology. Already has been noted Miss Langer's statement that the myth-making instinct belongs not to the lowest order of mentality but to a lofty philosophical capability and that philosophical thought is the last reach of genuine religion, its consummation and finally its dissolution. For as Scripture so well expresses the great truth here under discussion, in the finale of human perfection faith is lost in sight. And faith is religion and sight is philosophy. So religion must ultimately be swallowed up and disappear in the luminous apocalypses of philosophy.Shadow of the Third Century

It is evident on the face of it that the conception of Hades as we find it elaborated in the speculations of the early Fathers and Scriptural exegetists, is far from that simple idea of it which came to be current in popular thought in Christendom. It is not by any means unequivocally the "bad place" to which the wicked and the ungodly are despatched at death for eternal torture. All, the righteous and the wicked alike, had to abide in Hades till the time of the apocalypse. (The enlightened reader will hardly need to be reminded that the Greek phrase teleuten aion, which has been stupidly mistranslated "end of the world" is properly to be rendered "end of the cycle", or "end of the age".) Even that Edenic heaven, Abraham’s bosom, where Lazarus had been taken to be rewarded for earthly poverty with celestial riches, had to be included in its province. The very Christ himself, either by providential design or for some reason of cosmic purport, was called upon to descend into this nether earth.C H R I S T ’ S T H R E E D A Y S I N H E L L

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
We are living in the End of Times. The apocalypse is truly upon us.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
We are living in the End of Times. The apocalypse is truly upon us.

The end of time is impossible since time hasn't a beginning nor end , because it is infinite. This present apocolypse will be visited on the ruling western scumbag elites of the western scumbag Empire and all thier little atheist minions. The whole lot of them are Satanic pedophiles.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The end of time is impossible since time hasn't a beginning nor end , because it is infinite.

It is only an expression; they mean by it: the Last Days, or the terminal part of the earth life before Doomsday.
Or the portents that herald the approaching of Doomsday.

The apocalypse, said by the writer of the OP; he means the signs which predict the coming of the Mahdi, (or the Comforter in the Gospel and Elia or Elijah of the Last Days who will rise up in the Last Days.)

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
It is only an expression; they mean by it: the Last Days, or the terminal part of the earth life before Doomsday.
Or the portents that herald the approaching of Doomsday.

The apocalypse, said by the writer of the OP; he means the signs which predict the coming of the Mahdi, (or the Comforter in the Gospel and Elia or Elijah of the Last Days who will rise up in the Last Days.)

How are believers in Islam advised to prepare themselves for the coming of the Mahdi, SS?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
This is a Religious Topic Based on Valid proofs and mutual respect so If you don't have information about It , Please Don't post Spam

I should explain my purpose for you ; I've been researching about Messianic beliefs and Apocalypse in other Religions so I want to find similarities between Islamic and Biblical Theories .
for being Muslim you should believe Christianity and Judaism first . of course we believe some part of bible is distorted but I'm not here to speak about differences .

ISLAMIC VIEWPOINTS (Shiism)

we (shia Muslims ) believe that Apocalypse has some certain and uncertain signs . these are certain signs of Apocalypse :

1- Heavenly Shout
2- Sofyany uprising ( some people say it's ISIL )
3- Killing an innocent person in Mecca
4- Khasaf Beida ( it's an earthquick will happen near of Mecca when Sofyany attack there )
5- Yemani uprising ( some people connect it to recent Yemen situation)

and we have a lot of uncertain signs ( more than 100 signs )
http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/belief-in...islamic-world/
http://www.al-islam.org/discussions-...echnical-usage

I'll express signs one by one in the next posts.
COnclusions about "signs" are open to interpretations of the "signs".

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Time only exists within the material world. It is just a meter stick. In the ethereal there is no time.

petros, I think time is also in the ethereal world; there must be succession of events; but the difference may be:
When man lives his life in this material World; his life span or his age is limited: 70, 80 or more or less; therefore, he feels and is concerned much about time and the passing of time, and he feels his time is limited, because his life in this material World now is limited.
While in the ethereal world, the angels for example as are also the human souls; they have unlimited time: it is the everlasting.

Quran 21: 19
{19. All [the humans and genies] who are in the heavens and the earth e belong to Him f,

and those [angels] who are in His [neighborhood, in the ethereal heavens] are not [like you, associaters,] too proud to worship Him, nor do they regret [for the passing of time g.]}
e i.e. the planets including the earth.
f He owns them as His slaves: if He likes He will make them die, and if He please He will let them live.
g As will the sighing and regret will overtake you, for your disbelieving and denying Our messengers; and that will be after death and after the time goes away from you.

The interpretation is according to the inspired interpreter of the Quran and the Bible: Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
How are believers in Islam advised to prepare themselves for the coming of the Mahdi, SS?

The Mahdi is only a servant of God; therefore, people should devote themselves to God alone without associate, son, equal or peer. In addition, they should observe the Quran.
Because the Mahdi will invite people to the pure monotheism: the exclusive devotion and worship of God alone (like the call and mission of all prophets and messengers of God) and the Mahdi is the interpreter of the Quran and will judge people according to the Quran.
Moreover, Muslims should not stick to the sectarian divisions, because the Mahdi will erase the sectarian and religious divisions of falsehood.
So Muslims and others should also discard the enthusiasm about the imams, sheikhs, saints, Jewish sages and prophets, and they should consecrate their glorification and sanctification to God alone.

Hour with Ghosts

http://www.quran-ayat.com/man/3.htm#Kinds_of_Gods_worship

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The Mahdi will liberate Palestine and unite the Arab and Muslims, and eradicate the disbelievers and Zionists.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Having never been in an ethereal place, I cannot say if there is time there or not.
I do know that if there are goddesses and gods, I want to be around nice ones like Aermid or Branwen, Aphrodite or Euterpe, etc.