Ann Coulter upsetting people....again

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Let the stupid bitch spew hate, giving her headlines is what she makes money on.

I wonder however, if she had said Jews are after Christian babies and have no buisness ethics would the tables not be turned?

Many people have their own version of what free speech is....shut up and sing.:lol:

....and on that note.

YouTube - Borat - Throw the Jew Down the Well!!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'm wondering if shutting down that speaking engagement doesn't say more about us than it does about her.

Agreed. If she really weren't that important, people would simply have ignored her. By protesting and interrupting her speaking engagement, it just legitimized her importance, gave her free publicity, and made her opponents look like violent extremists, thus legitimizing even her arguments against them.

Not too bright on the part of the protesters, unless of course they were on her side and were protesting precisely to raise her profile?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
That;s right, allow the american bigots and racists free reign in Canadian University's. While we're at it, why don't we allow the skin heads,neo nazi's etc a public forum in our University's to spew their hate also?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
That;s right, allow the american bigots and racists free reign in Canadian University's. While we're at it, why don't we allow the skin heads,neo nazi's etc a public forum in our University's to spew their hate also?

Any smart student worthy of being a university student would not even bother showing up for her speech unless it's as part of a study of why she's had so much influence in some circles, or to dissect her mind or something of the sort.

I'd like to trust that our university students are intelligent enough to make up their own minds. If not, then God help us all.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

Ohh please, do you even read what you write, Gerry? So free speech is fine unless it offends you?

She thrives on people like you , reactionaries who she can pillage in future speeches.

Reactions: DaSleeper

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Also, if our education system is sound, we should be able to dissect her arguments easily enough and come to our own decisions.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Ohh please, do you even read what you write, Gerry? So free speech is fine unless it offends you?

She thrives on people like you , reactionaries who she can pillage in future speeches.

That I agree with. Reactionaries like him fuel the flames of her success. They give her free advertising and legitimacy.

What more can you ask for?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Good morning Ger- Hey man you're going to blow the aorta. I dislike these bastards as much as you do, but I don't think you have to fear Skins heads making any kind of public appearance, they know better for their own safety, but on the bright side if they did expose themselves, a few of them might just get annihilated. :lol::lol::lol:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
You would seriously have to be retarded to not be able to see through her thin veneer of an entertainer, masquerading as an intellectual. It's almost comical seeing some people get so worked up about her, yet failing to see that they are being played.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I agree. I can't believe the OttawaU students fell right into her trap.

Had they just ignored her or, at most, shown up peacefully at her presentations and exchange ideas with her politely and respectfully tearing her arguments to shreds in a smart manner, that would have had more of the effect they wanted.

By ignoring her, they would have attracted little media attention to her (precisely what she needs, without which she'd sputter out of the public eye). Or alternatively, by showing up and discussing with her, either they could have pointed out in a logical manner where she was wrong, making her look ridiculous or, alternatively, force her to interrupt them and take over the floor not allowing them to get a word in edgewise in which case they just keep shut and let her self destruct by appearing rude herself.

They seem to have forgotten that no one can destroy a person but the person himself. If we try to destroy her, we only strengthen her.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ann Coulter on the visceral reaction of (small l) liberals to her personally (paraphrased)

"These are people that think halting a birth part way, smashing open the baby's skull with medical instruments, and then reaching inside the head to scramble it's brains is not only acceptable, but is actually protecting someone's rights. I don't want them to like me"

Hmmmmm.... :)

Have fun with that.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Ann Coulter on the visceral reaction of (small l) liberals to her personally (paraphrased)

"These are people that think halting a birth part way, smashing open the baby's skull with medical instruments, and then reaching inside the head to scramble it's brains is not only acceptable, but is actually protecting someone's rights. I don't want them to like me"

Hmmmmm.... :)

Have fun with that.

here's another quote from the bitch:

"After American abortion doctor George Tiller was gunned down in church last year, Coulter was asked to condemn the killing by conservative Fox host Bill O'Reilly. She replied: "I don't really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester . . . I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others."

Maybe someone should take her attitude and do us all a favour when it comes to her life.

Her

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Gerry, I have absolutely zero respect or interest in her but I don't think she should be silenced because I disagree with her.

You really need to get over your hatred of Americans, it's not only irrational, it's going to send you to the ER one of these days due an aneurysm or whatnot.
Can you get an aneurysm and die from it from an over size hemorroid?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Gerry, I have absolutely zero respect or interest in her but I don't think she should be silenced because I disagree with her.

You really need to get over your hatred of Americans, it's not only irrational, it's going to send you to the ER one of these days due an aneurysm or whatnot.

I fully support Gerry's right to speak up against Americans (as long as he can show just cause) inspite of the fact I've been a fairly regular visitor to the U.S. over the past 20 odd years & have found nothing objectionable about any of the ones I've met. I think sometimes what you see is a reflection of yourself (I've always kept in mind while there, that I want to portray a good image of a Canadian)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I fully support Gerry's right to speak up against Americans (as long as he can show just cause) inspite of the fact I've been a fairly regular visitor to the U.S. over the past 20 odd years & have found nothing objectionable about any of the ones I've met. I think sometimes what you see is a reflection of yourself (I've always kept in mind while there, that I want to portray a good image of a Canadian)

Yeah....in my trips to the USA I have been treated extremely well by the Americans....often above and beyond the call of mere hospitality......hatred of Americans is a sickness of mind all too common in Canada.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

I fully agree he has the right to vent his hatred about Americans, I just think most of it is irrational.