Analysts: More Libyan bloodshed could prompt U.S., NATO intervention

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I have no doubt that Americans would unite in a much more cohesive manner should they ever be faced with such a threat. My neighbors and I here in the Cariboo would do the same in defense of our country in spite of the fact that most of us would have to borrow guns and ammunition to do so. Discussions over the years with friends and family both here and around Canada, have led me to believe that deep in many Canadian's hearts lies a quite love and pride for our country. Though most of us abhor war and watch in horror at its outcome, we would not hestitate to aid our country when faced with imminent peril.
Well that's because your probably a caucasian, we are immigrating 200-300k people per yr into Canada.
You might find it a bit lonely out in the battlefield.
Have you noticed who's doing all the fighting in Afgan now ?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Well that's because your probably a caucasian, we are immigrating 200-300k people per yr into Canada.
You might find it a bit lonely out in the battlefield.
Have you noticed who's doing all the fighting in Afgan now ?

Wait.. what?

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Happy St. Pats day.

Ever notice how it's hard to tell the difference between evil and stupid in terms of results?

http://tunes.digitalock.com/raggletagglegypsio_dancemix.mp3 <-- click to play

Love the tune! Happy St. Paddy's Day.

There is often little difference between the consequences of evil and the results of good intentions gone wrong. "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

So it is little....that explains the size of that chip on your shoulder.

Poor wittle thing.

Judge the size for yourself:

YouTube - Old Man, Big Package

I have no doubt that Americans would unite in a much more cohesive manner should they ever be faced with such a threat....

That was true once upon a time. The problem now is that increasingly we don't view each other as members of a common community. We don't share any semblance of identity or consciousness.

That's particularly true here in California where many people see Mexicans as their people and me as someone outside their community. In turn, I see Chinese as kith and kin, and don't recognize Mexicans as part of my community. There is no threat that could possibly unite us. We are strangers to each other.

I remember when it was not this way. But the past can't be restored.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You're kind of bummed out about this eh Beav? Nobody wanted this war more than you.

Which war ES? If NATO gets involved it will have to bomb and strafe Israeli paid Mercs and officers. Why do you think the "international community" is hanging way back till Gadaffy & friends gets the lid on things. This is Europe and Merica butting heads over oil/water/African gateway, all of that will be rescued the people will be freed at some later date, when it dosn't cost as much money. I guess

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Which war ES?

The war in Libya that you wanted us all to get involved in so you could post about more war.

If NATO gets involved it will have to bomb and strafe Israeli paid Mercs and officers.

Ahhhh. The Jooos again? The Jooos are on the ground?

Why do you think the "international community" is hanging way back till Gadaffy & friends gets the lid on things.

Let me guess....

So the Joooo Bankers can take care of biz?

This is Europe and Merica butting heads over oil/water/African gateway, all of that will be rescued the people will be freed at some later date, when it dosn't cost as much money. I guess

Water? In Libya?

African Gateway? Seriously? I didn't know you wanted the war that bad that you created a new "Middle Earth". (i.e fantasy land)

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Well the UN Security Council has just approved a no fly zone over Libya. This is a chance for Canadians to ride to the rescue of Libyans.

If Obama gets even one American killed over this gawd help the fatuous vacuity who leads the US.

The US shouldn't take much role in this farce. Let the world save itself.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Clinton is right. You think the Libyans are going to let planes fly unmolested? Without a doubt they will be firing SAMs at our aircraft. That would mean we would have to bomb. Suddenly reports of US planes bombing Libyan Weddings round the clock will emerge.

Of course she is right, by saying that she has committed us as usual to do the job. See how fast the no fly zone was approved. Remember- NATO means mainly America. I still say the Arabs take care of their dirty laundry, and support their own no fly zone.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
As far as I'm concerned Gaddafy can stay where he is. He owes me nothing and I owe him nothing !!
The Libyan rebels should complain to someone who cares like their Muslim bros !!

What goes on in that country is no concern to the USA or Canada. Those people are perfectly capable of solving their own problems. Anyone who says we should intervene in Libya without voicing any concern for Ivory Coast is a hypocrite who is seeking to protect their oil interests but who doesn't give a flying sh!t about human rights or anything else.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Well the UN Security Council has just approved a no fly zone over Libya. This is a chance for Canadians to ride to the rescue of Libyans.

If Obama gets even one American killed over this gawd help the fatuous vacuity who leads the US.

The US shouldn't take much role in this farce. Let the world save itself.

Baals, our Canuck pals don't want to get involved either. At least that is what I am reading.

So... if the UN Security council approved of it... then let someone else punch holes in the skies and getting blamed for bombing weddings.

Maybe it's time for the Canucks, Brits and Yanks to pass out donuts for this one.

Which war ES? If NATO gets involved it will have to bomb and strafe Israeli paid Mercs and officers. Why do you think the "international community" is hanging way back till Gadaffy & friends gets the lid on things. This is Europe and Merica butting heads over oil/water/African gateway, all of that will be rescued the people will be freed at some later date, when it dosn't cost as much money. I guess

Looks like I spoke too soon Beaver. You're going to have your little boom-boom afterall.

So... what happens when we start killing Israelis that you say are on the ground? We're going to have to strafe them right?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Now that there is a cease fire Clinton is trying another tactic to get the U.S. more actively involved. She wants to see Gadhafi pull back from his land that he re-took. She will do anything to get us in a fire fight there. So much for just applying a "no fly zone". Obama the man of peace has spoken again.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh bombs will fall. We're not getting dressed up for nothing.

Besides, our USN and USAF pilots have been out of the game for awhile and need a bit of trigger time.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
That's true, we could use this little diversion to create jobs to replace equipment, sparking the economy a little while giving the USN and USAF practice.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Now that there is a cease fire Clinton is trying another tactic to get the U.S. more actively involved. She wants to see Gadhafi pull back from his land that he re-took. She will do anything to get us in a fire fight there. So much for just applying a "no fly zone". Obama the man of peace has spoken again.

Yep, like I said, no different than your boy Bush except now that it is a dumbcrat it is a bad decision.

When it is a Republican't it's the right one.

You guys desperately need a third party but that just seems a little to complex for you.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Yep, like I said, no different than your boy Bush except now that it is a dumbcrat it is a bad decision.

When it is a Republican't it's the right one.

You guys desperately need a third party but that just seems a little to complex for you.

Nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats, there all the same. I'm leery of a third fourth party, that could lead to a minority government which is not majority rule. (not that we have that now)

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats, there all the same. I'm leery of a third fourth party, that could lead to a minority government which is not majority rule. (not that we have that now)

They are all the same....you need another choice....or several others.

What's wrong with a minority, we have one right now and it works.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Mar 18 11:01

Investment bankers salivate over North Africa

Baals, our Canuck pals don't want to get involved either. At least that is what I am reading.

So... if the UN Security council approved of it... then let someone else punch holes in the skies and getting blamed for bombing weddings.

Maybe it's time for the Canucks, Brits and Yanks to pass out donuts for this one.

Looks like I spoke too soon Beaver. You're going to have your little boom-boom afterall.

So... what happens when we start killing Israelis that you say are on the ground? We're going to have to strafe them right?

They got phones and transport, I don't see a problem. They made the call for the rescue of Lybia by the international haha community.