America’s Stay-at-Home Ex-President

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
You didn't see when she shoved it in his face in the car?

Oh my yes. Didn't touch him, but almost mussed his hair a little. She turned the card around so that he could see it and maybe get a reaction. Not quite the serious assault that would justify a few guys throwing her down on the ground and stomping on her.

...When she circled aroundthe people that stoomped her did use too much force, but how were the people to know that she didn't have a firearm on her.

Well it's against the law for one. So how does anyone know if anyone there has a firearm? Plenty of people were excited and pressing toward the car as it arrived. She was the only one with that poster though. Does that then mean that anyone with a different opinion is likely to be a criminal and based on that suspicion be thrown to the ground and stomped? For that matter, who are they to be using force on anyone that hasn't done a damn thing?

As for Palin targeting politician I guess you don't see the metaphor...and you think the left isn't capable of violence:roll:

And they don't target anything???

YouTube - Dead Aim - Joe Manchin for West Virginia TV Ad

Here is Palin's hit list.

Here is Manchin's hit list.

You get that there is a difference between let's shoot this bill down and let's shoot this person down.

Palin is an idiot and she does stupid things. Granted I accept that she doesn't think things through before they come spilling out of her mouth, but politicians are supposed to be smarter than that.

The "Do as I say, not as I do" policies have to stop and they only will when you stop blindly supporting bozos for president.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oh my yes. Didn't touch him, but almost mussed his hair a little. She turned the card around so that he could see it and maybe get a reaction. Not quite the serious assault that would justify a few guys throwing her down on the ground and stomping on her.
This is when your anti-establishment ideology, gets in the way of your critical thought Unf, and I know you to be smarter then this.

Why is it, I can be stopped, detained physically, civilly and then released without incident, for looking mad, while possibly sporting a large firearm, without incident and within minutes?

I'll tell you why. I comply. I have a valid PAL, I could have protested. But it doesn't accomplish anything. On the street security and Cops, have a mandate for immediate suppression of all threats.

There is no time for second guessing and hindsight happens tomorrow.

Well it's against the law for one.
And everyone is an upstanding law abiding citizen.

So how does anyone know if anyone there has a firearm?
They don't, that is why threats are neutralized post haste.

Plenty of people were excited and pressing toward the car as it arrived. She was the only one with that poster though.
She was also the only one actively evading security, while trying to get at the vehicle and the occupants.

Does that then mean that anyone with a different opinion is likely to be a criminal and based on that suspicion be thrown to the ground and stomped?
Nope, and the countless un-accosted protesters are proof of that.

For that matter, who are they to be using force on anyone that hasn't done a damn thing?
Except evade them, thus proving to be a threat to their client.

...but politicians are supposed to be smarter than that.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
This is when your anti-establishment ideology, gets in the way of your critical thought Unf, and I know you to be smarter then this.

If you know that, it should give you pause to think. ;-)

Why is it, I can be stopped, detained physically, civilly and then released without incident, for looking mad, while possibly sporting a large firearm, without incident and within minutes?

Because you give so little information that a reasonable answer is impossible.

I'll tell you why. I comply. I have a valid PAL, I could have protested. But it doesn't accomplish anything. On the street security and Cops, have a mandate for immediate suppression of all threats.

But you have the right to protest right? I mean if you wanted to, even if it doesn't accomplish anything, you still have the right to, peacefully say what you want to say right? If the police are wrong in suppression of your rights where there is no threat then you have a case against them don't you? Like many of the G20 protesters who are now bringing complaints forward that with the media exposing to the public the details of a number of these arrests, the authority has no reasonable excuse not to investigate and prosecute those police officers.

There is no time for second guessing and hindsight happens tomorrow.
And everyone is an upstanding law abiding citizen.

How can you abide this juxtaposed positions in one head?

They don't, that is why threats are neutralized post haste.

But this was not a threat. This was nothing more than a slight woman, unarmed posing a card in front of a politician for the camera eye. All the better in her mind to have him take the card and read it for the reaction on his face.

Not a threat by any standard. Other than the standard of the tyrant who quells disagreement with brute force.
A police state is never a safer place to live.

She was also the only one actively evading security, while trying to get at the vehicle and the occupants.

Only one occupant and he was obviously never in any danger. Re: the threat concept.

Nope, and the countless un-accosted protesters are proof of that.

Come now. We saw what happened to the protester there. Not uncommon for protesters at tea party outings.
YouTube - Elon Student Protester Arrested At Palin Campaign Stop Pt. 2

YouTube - 2008 RNC Protester arrested for falling off his bike.flv

YouTube - Heckler forcefully arrested at event for John McCain and Sarah Palin in Arizona - March 27, 2010

Except evade them, thus proving to be a threat to their client.

Evade nothing, she was getting close for a picture. No threat what so ever. No weapon, no assault just what those who are against what she has to say, laying their hands on her without cause.

Again, innocent until proven guilty.

What about that do you specifically disagree with?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If you know that, it should give you pause to think. ;-)
It does. Trust me.

Because you give so little information that a reasonable answer is impossible.
Maybe you were offline when I posted the event. But the point is, if you comply with a lawful order, you rarely end up being the punching bag. If you do, the authority dishing it, should be punished.

I can get you link if you like.

But you have the right to protest right?
Yep.

I mean if you wanted to, even if it doesn't accomplish anything, you still have the right to, peacefully say what you want to say right?
Yep. But unlawfully evading security, disobeying a lawful order, isn't peaceful protest.

If the police are wrong in suppression of your rights where there is no threat then you have a case against them don't you?
Yep. But she wasn't unlawfully ordered to cease and desist.
Like many of the G20 protesters who are now bringing complaints forward that with the media exposing to the public the details of a number of these arrests, the authority has no reasonable excuse not to investigate and prosecute those police officers.
Agreed.

How can you abide this juxtaposed positions in one head?
I'm a realist and life isn't as cut and dry as you seem to think it is. BTW, they aren't juxtaposed positions. One was sarcasm, the other reality.

But this was not a threat.
We know that now. At the time, you aren't afforded that privilege.

Not a threat by any standard.
By your standard. Mine is completely different.

Other than the standard of the tyrant who quells disagreement with brute force.
Ya, she obviously has a differing opinion then the security personnel. Can you show me where those security officers made their political views known?

A police state is never a safer place to live.
I agree. But neither is a state of anarchy. We have laws for a reason.

Only one occupant and he was obviously never in any danger. Re: the threat concept.
Again, hindsight is always 20/20.

Come now.
Quite. I still stand by my comment. And the number is countless. I would actually love to see the stats compiled though. But you couldn't post enough video or news articles, that would out number then thousands upon thousands of protesters that go unhindered, un-accosted and otherwise peacefully on their way.

Evade nothing, she was getting close for a picture.
While evading a peace officer, and disobeying direct, lawful orders.

No threat what so ever.
According to you, after the fact. The men on the ground at that time do not have the luxury of second guessing and hindsight. It is their ass, if something goes wrong.

Be thankful it wasn't your job.

No weapon, no assault just what those who are against what she has to say, laying their hands on her without cause.
Again, can you show the security officers opinions on the political issues at play there?

Again, innocent until proven guilty.

What about that do you specifically disagree with?
I do not disagree with it at all.

She was summarily executed, nor was she incarcerated without access to a lawyer. Due process was not hindered in any way. She broke the law, by disobeying a lawful order from a peace officer, she had to be physically restrained and detained. Nothing untoward about that.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
It does. Trust me.

Maybe you were offline when I posted the event. But the point is, if you comply with a lawful order, you rarely end up being the punching bag. If you do, the authority dishing it, should be punished.

I can get you link if you like.

Yep.

Yep. But unlawfully evading security, disobeying a lawful order, isn't peaceful protest.

Yep. But she wasn't unlawfully ordered to cease and desist.
Agreed.

I'm a realist and life isn't as cut and dry as you seem to think it is. BTW, they aren't juxtaposed positions. One was sarcasm, the other reality.

We know that now. At the time, you aren't afforded that privilege.

By your standard. Mine is completely different.

Ya, she obviously has a differing opinion then the security personnel. Can you show me where those security officers made their political views known?

I agree. But neither is a state of anarchy. We have laws for a reason.

Again, hindsight is always 20/20.

Quite. I still stand by my comment. And the number is countless. I would actually love to see the stats compiled though. But you couldn't post enough video or news articles, that would out number then thousands upon thousands of protesters that go unhindered, un-accosted and otherwise peacefully on their way.

While evading a peace officer, and disobeying direct, lawful orders.

According to you, after the fact. The men on the ground at that time do not have the luxury of second guessing and hindsight. It is their ass, if something goes wrong.

Be thankful it wasn't your job.

Again, can you show the security officers opinions on the political issues at play there?

I do not disagree with it at all.

She was summarily executed, nor was she incarcerated without access to a lawyer. Due process was not hindered in any way. She broke the law, by disobeying a lawful order from a peace officer, she had to be physically restrained and detained. Nothing untoward about that.
Watch the video again my friend. Those guys in Paul Rand shirts aren't security they are campaign workers. Otherwise they would not be yelling for others to call the police. The buttons and shirts with Rand's campaign slogan, colours and logo are a pretty good give away of their political stripe. They are Rand volunteer supporters, using violence on a non threatening woman protesting his election.

Again you are mistaken, she was not arrested nor charged, she was treated for her injuries.

Tim Profitt, the guy who stomped on her, was charged and arrested for it.

So exactly how does all this fit in with what you're saying about the threat?
I will point out that there were by the look of it, Police right there in the crowd who didn't fee there was any threat at all nor reason to get involved other than to arrest Profitt.

Do you think maybe you want to evaluate your concept of threat at this point?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Watch the video again my friend. Those guys in Paul Rand shirts aren't security they are campaign workers. Otherwise they would not be yelling for others to call the police. The buttons and shirts with Rand's campaign slogan, colours and logo are a pretty good give away of their political stripe. They are Rand volunteer supporters, using violence on a non threatening woman protesting his election.
Then I concede to you. I must have been thinking of a different video. My apologies.

Tim Profitt, the guy who stomped on her, was charged and arrested for it.
Good.

Do you think maybe you want to evaluate your concept of threat at this point?
In the case presently being discussed, yep. In general, nope. Having watched the video now. It isn't the one I assumed it was. Again, my apologies.

She did not represent a threat. Rand was already out of danger.

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Then I concede to you. I must have been thinking of a different video. My apologies.

Good.

In the case presently being discussed, yep. In general, nope. Having watched the video now. It isn't the one I assumed it was. Again, my apologies.

She did not represent a threat. Rand was already out of danger.

Good man!

Now let's get DaS!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
gerryh you miss the point here, anyone should allow George to do what he wants he was
the President of the United States, (even the term United States has its problem they are
split down the middle these day, Red and Blue you know) it is that simple to many you know.
America does not recognize any court except their own even though they set up those courts
in Europe after the Second World War. George has some brain left though because he does
recognize that because he doesn't recognize other jurisdictions of justice, doesn't mean others
feel that way.

I think George should be kept out of this country as well, after all he engaged in drugs in his
past and we don't allow others in for the same reason. There is some validity to the fact that
his former administration engaged in war crimes and simply justified them. Then so did the
German war machine in Munich after the last big war. A democratic state, has the over all
responsibility not to behave like those they are trying to bring to justice. The reason is we are
more advanced socially and we are trying to set an example to the world, therefore we cannot
behave like the tyrants we are engaged in combat with or we become what we are trying to fight.
Unfortunately that has already happened. If Bush and some of the other clowns from that era,
leave for certain parts of the world they will end up in jail like the former dictator in Chile did.
Terrible thing when the chickens come home to roost, all that noise, crap and feathers. But
that is what happens when you put Gilligan in charge of the Island.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I think George should be kept out of this country as well, after all he engaged in drugs in his
past and we don't allow others in for the same reason.
Does George have a conviction for it on his record?

There is some validity to the fact that his former administration engaged in war crimes and simply justified them. Then so did the German war machine in Munich after the last big war.
So did Canada in WWII (LWF).

A democratic state, has the over all responsibility not to behave like those they are trying to bring to justice.
Ya people keep saying that. But the Australians proved in Vietnam, the only way to win a war with a group that will use bikes to rebuild a road in the dark, is to think and fight like they do.
The reason is we are more advanced socially and we are trying to set an example to the world, therefore we cannot
behave like the tyrants we are engaged in combat with or we become what we are trying to fight.
This kind of thinking, is why the war in Afghanistan is taking so long.

Oh real mature!
Maybe not, but it made me LOL fo realz!!!