7-year-old branded 'racist' for asking student about skin colour

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
What really ticks me off is we have an innocuous question asked by a child certainly young enough to still be innocent of ulterior motives, and it causes such a 'furor' that we're seeing international press on the matter.

But how many stories come out where a blind eye is turned to the repeated, habitual torment of children within our schools? Usually the story comes out after the kid takes his or her life.

We (society in general) have a pretty whacked set of priorities.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
And the views of that MP for Hull East are just what I expect from a Labour scumbag.

‘However, having spoken to Hayley, I’m satisfied that her seven-year-old son, Elliott, was not being racist in his remarks but just inquisitive,’ he said.

‘It seems the matter has been taken out of all proportion and common sense seems to have gone completely out of the window.’

So what else did you expect from a Labour MP?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
What really ticks me off is we have an innocuous question asked by a child certainly young enough to still be innocent of ulterior motives, and it causes such a 'furor' that we're seeing international press on the matter.

But how many stories come out where a blind eye is turned to the repeated, habitual torment of children within our schools? Usually the story comes out after the kid takes his or her life.

Most racist attacks in Britain are perpetrated by non-whites against whites. But many people think it's the other way around because the media only report race attacks if the whites are the perpetrators and the blacks are the victims.

In 1999 in the UK, 238,000 white people told researchers they had been victims of a racial offence in a 12-month period, compared to 101,000 Asians and 42,000 blacks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/most-race-attack-victims-are-white-1069502.html

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Well said, S.L.M.- you are indeed clever enough to be my sister! :lol:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I remember the case of a Cameroonian lady in a rural part of China who was offered the friendly advice by a local Chinese to wash more often to remove the blackness from her face. My cameroonian friend did not take it offensively in the least owing to the woman's innocence. She'd never met a black person before and had a low education. Intention does matter.

This same cameroonian was infuriated by an American she'd met who was teaching all kinds of prejudices about African Americans to his Chinese friends. Ignorance is one thing, but to not want to inform yourself is a different thing altogether.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Defending an inane policy implemented by the PC to the extreme is why I think he is a Dufus.
He didn't defended the policy in the article. He pointed out it's flaw, and the fact that the school and city council, were mandated to act.

He then pointed out that commonsense has flown out the window, in how the statute is being wielded.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Cultural Marxism at it's best.......or worst:roll:

What does this have to do with Marxism?

He didn't defended the policy in the article. He pointed out it's flaw, and the fact that the school and city council, were mandated to act.

He then pointed out that commonsense has flown out the window, in how the statute is being wielded.

B..b...but he's a Labour MP.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

And what does he plan to do about it???? Nothing would be a good guess.

Last year, it was revealed that teachers are branding thousands of children racist or homophobic following playground squabbles.

More than 20,000 pupils aged 11 or younger were put on record for so-called hate crimes such as using the word ‘gaylord’.

Read more: Boy, 7, branded a racist for asking schoolmate: 'Are you brown because you come from Africa?' | Mail Online

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
B..b...but he's a Labour MP.
Ya so?

And what does he plan to do about it???? Nothing would be a good guess.
That's an interesting guess.

Last year, it was revealed that teachers are branding thousands of children racist or homophobic following playground squabbles.

More than 20,000 pupils aged 11 or younger were put on record for so-called hate crimes such as using the word ‘gaylord’.

Read more: Boy, 7, branded a racist for asking schoolmate: 'Are you brown because you come from Africa?' | Mail Online
Ya, I already quoted that.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
There cannot be any 'common sense' when everyone has adopted 'zero tolerance' policies.

Zero tolerance means that there is no room for thinking.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Most racist attacks in Britain are perpetrated by non-whites against whites. But many people think it's the other way around because the media only report race attacks if the whites are the perpetrators and the blacks are the victims.

In 1999 in the UK, 238,000 white people told researchers they had been victims of a racial offence in a 12-month period, compared to 101,000 Asians and 42,000 blacks.

Most race attack victims `are white' - News - The Independent

Any judgement or attack on someone for something as superficial as skin colour or ethnic background is, well, superficial. Irrespective of whom the victim is.

I think it's sad that a concept that started out as a means to establish a norm for how we talk to and treat people who are different has been so perverted as to become the complete opposite. People use it as weapon. To say it's morally or ethically wrong to characterize someone or label someone based on race, religion, sexual orientation etc is not a bad thing. We should be encouraging everyone to use such sound judgement in how they view the world. It's just too bad that the concept has been hijacked and is being defined by those who misuse it.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I disagree.

Gaylord was an example.

This policy is just one of many that far right wing groups latch onto. These policies when managed as in this case also cause more division between ethnic groups. Just more fuel for the fire.

The UK has many such policies that many have taken to the extreme. The Nanny State gone wild.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Thi policy is just one of many that far right wign groups latch onto. These policies when managed as in this case also cause more division between ethnic groups. Just more fuel for the fire.

The UK has many such policies that many have taken to the extreme. The Nanny State gone wild.
I don't disagree.

But zero tolerance policy, wasn't envisioned to bully 7 year olds, over innocent innocuous questions.

That's an abuse of a flaw in the policy. That allows multi interpretation.