2012 broke sea level, sea ice records, climate report shows

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Is CO2 really making an impact or is it just a way to scam those who have no clue about the real reasoning behind the change?

The timeline does add up as does the solar impact of having 10% less geo-magnetic protection from the sun as the pole moves.

When the geo-magnetics settle down, so will it's impact on the ocean and atmospheric currents.

Well, if you discount CO2 heqating the surface, you kind of have to throw away the idea of the Greenhouse Theory (the idea of the atmosphere insultaing the surface). And if you throw that away, you have to explain why the Earth doesn't cool down to -150 deg C at night like the moon.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
You realize we're in an ice age don't you?
More like ice depletion age.
Will the ice age end or go back to continental glaciation? What can man do to stop the continental glaciation that is coming faster than you can imagine?
Weld another sun onto ours? Paddle closer to our sun? Or we can wait till ours just goes red giant.

Anyway, getting back to ice and sea level rise, Honolulu has seen a rise of a couple mm per year, someone mentioned Tuvalu already, Miami has recorded 9" of rise since 1920, etc. etc.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You realize we're in an ice age don't you? Will the ice age end or go back to continental glaciation? What can man do to stop the continental glaciation that is coming faster than you can imagine?

Bank transfers in the billions from Western Nations to nations given an "Undeveloped Nation" status. That seems to be the consensus.

Now, keep in mind, Western Nations are free to pump as much carbon in the air as long as they pay. The transfer of bits and bytes online will stop the climate from changing.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Bank transfers in the billions from Western Nations to nations given an "Undeveloped Nation" status. That seems to be the consensus.

Now, keep in mind, Western Nations are free to pump as much carbon in the air as long as they pay. The transfer of bits and bytes online will stop the climate from changing.

Come on up to Canada. You can go out on the ice floes and whack those bad boys on the head wiht a stick!

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
You realize we're in an ice age don't you? Will the ice age end or go back to continental glaciation? What can man do to stop the continental glaciation that is coming faster than you can imagine?

1965 popular Mechanics had a full edition on solutions. Remember it form my youth...

If the glacial ice starts again, they proposed painting ll the ice areas with carbon black...:lol:

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
This earth scientist guy that is boinking my wife once mentioned a neat thing about islands rising and falling as plates teeter totter. Parts of the Atlantic coast in USA are naturally dropping as the continental interior under massive bodies of water Like Hudson's Bay and Lake Winnipeg rise from isotactic rebound making the oceans appear to rise over centuries.

But hey, WTF do I know?

Word in the Sask coffee shops is that that earth scientist is a lesbian mermaid. Now you know....

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
No inconsistencies here. Most of the Antarctic's ice loss is from under the surface. Also, Walnut sees something about ice area increasing and gets all ecstatic. However, he doesn't quite seem to comprehend the concept of volume, which is demonstrated by his reply with the graph about area to my graph of volume.
The graph from post #70 shows volume of Arctic ice decreasing. And Antarctic ice is increasing.

Last edited: