2012 broke sea level, sea ice records, climate report shows

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How far has the south magnetic pole moved in comparison the north magnetic pole in the last 50 years Cliffy? Which Corporation did that?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Speaking of scams and lies, petros, I know for a fact the Pacific Ocean is not green, purple, red, orange, or yellow.

So who's the scammer NOW, HUH?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Oh jeeez. Another bit that is similar to the area vs volume bit, except now it's surface temps as opposed to the rest of the water in oceans. Good grief. I couldn't care less if the surface cools, warms, or leaps up and dances on a bar table while wearing a lampshade. The oceans are warming. Get over it.
Are you in another Vancouver? This is the best summer on record. We've had one spell of rain in several weeks. Gorgeous beach wetaher everyday.
Now you both know why.

Speaking of scams and lies, petros, I know for a fact the Pacific Ocean is not green, purple, red, orange, or yellow.

So who's the scammer NOW, HUH?
Kodak

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Tell that to Zipperfish, he's enjoying the warm summer. How is yours? Mine is sucking raw moose cock but hey, 5C under normal IS normal.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Now you both know why.
Why you have it stuck in your head that surface actually means all ocean water? No wait. I get it; you're still stuck on the idea that the Pacific decadel oscillation drives temperatures in the all the oceans.
Well, like I said, hotter than blazes around here. It usually does sneak up to around 40 but that usually only lasts for about a week and a half. Pretty much been hotter than blazes (35+) for about a month - month and a half except for the occasional bout of 2 days of rain.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why do you have it suck in your head that it matters? Just like how what happens above the mesosphere doesn't mean sh*t.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Are you any good with timelines?

Shop and compare to you graph above.

Correlation is not causation. Also, the prudent application of Occam's Razor applies. CO2 abosrbs and re-radiates infrared radiation. CO2 is increasing in the atmosphere. Therefore, in accordance with basic physics, one would expect and increase in temperature at the surface. About 1 deg C for every doubling of CO2, according to a basic radiative forcing equation.

I don't think any such clear connection exists between temperature and the shifting of the magnetic pole. I can see the connection trhough changes in the ionosphere, letting in high energy ionized partilces from the sun (and the cloud nucleation properties for high energy particles). But even so, such a model would have to account for why the CO2 is increasing in the atmosphere and why that increase is not heating up the tropospehere.

I think there's only around 30 years of data on the stratosphere, but I believe the lower straoisphere is cooling, not warming.

Anyway, this is about ice, not air, water, or land.

No, it's about me. It's always about me. :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is it CO2 or ocean surface temps that are giving you a "nice summer"?

I don't think any such clear connection exists between temperature and the shifting of the magnetic pole.
Why not? They (geo-magnetics) influence ocean currents and the jet streams. If they are being yanked north, you can expect climate in the north to be impacted. It doesn't get any simpler. Does the timeline match perfectly? yes or no?

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Is it CO2 or ocean surface temps that are giving you a "nice summer"?

Why not? They (geo-magnetics) influence ocean currents and the jet streams. If they are being yanked north, you can expect climate in the north to be impacted. It doesn't get any simpler. Does the timeline match perfectly? yes or no?

The math, petros, the math. Also, why is the CO2 increasing?

The timeline could add up. I'd have to see the data. Hard to tellk from a figure.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is CO2 really making an impact or is it just a way to scam those who have no clue about the real reasoning behind the change?

The timeline does add up as does the solar impact of having 10% less geo-magnetic protection from the sun as the pole moves.

When the geo-magnetics settle down, so will it's impact on the ocean and atmospheric currents.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why are you convinced I don't KNOW things are changing? Have I ever denied change or just the bullsh*t money making scheme concocted by losers who have no life beyond money?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What are the "lungs" of the planet? The Rainforest or the Northern Hemisphere Grasslands and Boreal?

What were you told and what is the truth?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You realize we're in an ice age don't you? Will the ice age end or go back to continental glaciation? What can man do to stop the continental glaciation that is coming faster than you can imagine?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I thought we were in the Age of Aquarius. And Aquarius is the water man, not the ice man.

Ergo, through impeccable logic, I have exposed you as a scam artist.

Well, probably not skilled enough to be a scam artist. Let's just call you a scam craftsman.