2012 broke sea level, sea ice records, climate report shows

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Did the ground take it up because the oceans never rose did they?

Come on petros. There is all kinds of evidence out there for climate change. I'm not going to look it up for you.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Come on petros. There is all kinds of evidence out there for climate change. I'm not going to look it up for you.

Rise of sea levels is 'the greatest lie ever told' - Telegraph

Scientists from Germany, Netherlands, and the UK, have published a paper stating there is no scientific consensus that sea levels are rising. The paper was published in the journal Nature Geoscience: http://www.catholic.org/green/story.php?id=51752

Australian Government Sea Level Rise Claims Wrong: http://theclimatescepticsparty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/australian-government-sea-level-rise.html

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Last week, on BBC News, they were even trying to tell us that "climate change" is causing people to become more violent around the world.

I once read a paper saying that the American Civil War broke out when it did because the guys at Fort Sumter were just too hot and snapped. True or not, who knows. I thought it was a bit funny though.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Climate change isn't the same as "Global Warming". It's night and day.

If you can't see a connection, I suggest you do some reading........maybe grade six science text books.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
What do you mean lucky me? My heat kicking in is a win? I'd pay for a day of 25C. Just one.

Feel free to take ours. 20 C with no humidity is how I like it. Sadly its usually a lot hotter and always very humid here.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Where do I find these rising seas?

I was thinking the same thing Petros.

I live by the ocean and it is the same as it ever was.

I once read a paper saying that the American Civil War broke out when it did because the guys at Fort Sumter were just too hot and snapped. True or not, who knows. I thought it was a bit funny though.

I would have to say that was false.

The guys at Ft. Sumter were Union troops and ended up surrendering after a bombardment.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If you can't see a connection, I suggest you do some reading........maybe grade six science text books.
You want me to borrow your books? Why? You do realize that prior to every new glaciation, temperatures spike then plummet like a rock? Are you that arrogant to believe we are going to stop the next glaciation that our current ice age is about to offer up?

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Climate change isn't the same as "Global Warming". It's night and day.

Calgary Flood

Toronto Flood

Record-breaking rainfall drenches N.B.

Flooding in Australia..

Flooding in Russia

Flooding in UK

This is 2013.. more moisture in the air and warming upper atmosphere creates stronger storms and more intense. We are starting to see the changes..

Check this cool map out Blackleaf.. Will rising sea level effect you??

Flood Maps

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Feel free to take ours. 20 C with no humidity is how I like it. Sadly its usually a lot hotter and always very humid here.
We have humidity but no heat. It's backwards. I'll gladly take 30C and dry as a popcorn fart over 20C and 80% humidity any day.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Makes sense to me; warmer oceans, warmer water; water expands as it's heated. Couple that with large masses of ice melted,
like Greenland's for instance; Greenland Ice Loss Doubles In Past Decade, Raising Sea Level Faster and Antarctica's, for instance;
Antarctic Ice Loss Speeds Up, Nearly Matches Greenland Loss

Anyway, I don't expect everyone to believe it. Some have their own beliefs.
Reminds me, this is some ice-age we're in huh? Abnormally high temps again this summer around here coupled with more precip and humidity. Warmer winter last season, too.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
How many times have we heard this claptrap?

One of the biggest benefits we received from the IPCC was that the models, data and 'policy suggestions' are faulty, skewed and agenda-driven.

This 'study' is nothing more than a propaganda opportunity for the UN and or BHO's need to stem Canada's economic drivers.

The measure of the sea ice and sea levels has bugger all to do with models. Do try to keep up. And why would BHO want to stem Canada's economic drivers. He's one of the most powerful people on the planet. You really think he wakes up in the morning, stretches and says "Hmmm, how can I screw Canada today?"

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Calgary Flood

Toronto Flood

Record-breaking rainfall drenches N.B.

Flooding in Australia..

Flooding in Russia

Flooding in UK

This is 2013.. more moisture in the air and warming upper atmosphere creates stronger storms and more intense. We are starting to see the changes..

Check this cool map out Blackleaf.. Will rising sea level effect you??

Flood Maps

Do you want to know wh it flooded B00Mer? It wasn't climate change. It was a storm that rotated in the opposite direction that storms in the Northern Hemisphere normally do. Was this rotational anomaly due to CO2?

In your opinion.
Facts are facts. You can't try to pass off the Pacific Oscillation and global warming and keep a straight face can you?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net