Cfl 2017

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I've given up on the Roughriders. Now I have a new team to support. . .

Le Rouge-et-noir!

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
They use to be called the Ottawa Rough Riders. At least the split the name to make two words. Very original. Now they can't decide on a color.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Green is the Colour
Football is the Game
We're all together
and Winning is our aim
So Cheer us on through the sun and rain
Saskatchewan Roughriders is our name

Verse 1

Let's show our pride in the Green & White
We will fight, Green & White
Sing loud and clear till the game is won
The best is yet to come

Chorus

Green is the Colour
Football is the Game
We're all together
and Winning is our aim

Verse 2

Here at Taylor Field we are Number one
We're the best; East or West
We'll give our all till the game is done
Stand up and sing everyone....Hey !

Chorus (twice)

Green is the Colour
Football is the Game
We're all together
and Winning is our aim

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I've given up on the Roughriders. Now I have a new team to support. . .

Le Rouge-et-noir!

Ah..............you decided to cheer for the 2016 Grey Cup Champs, eh...........hoping they may repeat are you? :p

I'll be a Rider fan till they burn me in my Rider gear. That said, my patience has been sorely tested ever since management decided that Jones would be a good fit for our team. NOT. I've lost track of how many millions he's cost the club by breaking CFL rules. He did it twice last year and even before training camp began, he did it again this year. If I was conspiracy theorist, I'd think someone hired him to sabotage my Riders and their good name.

It will be interesting to see how the team fairs this year, after all the guy has a winning record - you'd think he would know how to coach ours to a few. He might have had a better chance last year had he not decided to trade a couple of our guys, IMHO - but that's water under the bridge. It's a brand new season and being that we are stuck with the guy - he better knuckle down hard and start putting W's on the board.

GO RIDERS!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The Riders will close out the pre-season tomorrow when they take on the Lions in BC place.

Game Time: 7PM PST on TSN 1,2, 3, and 4

Hey Tec..............you better start cheering harder.............your RBs are takin' a shalackin' from the Als right now.....down 26 - zip with just over two minutes to go in the 2nd.

THE RIDERS’ ROSTER: Quarterback Kevin Glenn didn’t play in the Roughriders’ first pre-season contest, so this will be his first (and only) game action before Saskatchewan opens the regular season June 22 against the host Montreal Alouettes … Glenn will start Friday’s game and is expected to get about a quarter and a half of playing time. Brandon Bridge, who started (and stole the show) against the Bombers, is slated to play next as Glenn’s primary backup. Bryan Bennett and Marquise Williams each could get a quarter of playing time in the second half … Roughriders guards Brendon LaBatte (ankle) and Josiah St. John (head) haven’t practised since the game against Winnipeg and won’t play in Vancouver. Peter Dyakowski will start at left guard in place of LaBatte, while rookie Dariusz Bladek has moved into St. John’s spot at right guard. Bladek, whom Saskatchewan selected in the second round (11th overall) of the May 7 draft, has looked right at home with the Roughriders … Saskatchewan got catches from 14 members of its receiving corps against the Bombers. The veterans likely will play more against B.C., but the rookies have been productive since Day 1 of training camp … Nationals Henoc Muamba and Mike Dubuisson both took reps at middle linebacker with the No. 1 defence this week … Two CFL rookies — former NFLer Crezdon Butler and rookie Mark Roberts — are manning the halfback and cornerback spots, respectively, on the field side of the Roughriders’ defence … Two of the more intriguing battles in camp were at punter and kicker. Sophomore Quinn van Gylswyk has been pushing both incumbent punter Josh Bartel and veteran kicker Tyler Crapigna, so someone could wind up getting the boot … Veterans LaBatte, Jonathan Newsome, Chad Owens, Rob Bagg and Spencer Moore are among the players who won’t dress for the Roughriders on Friday due to nagging injuries.

https://www.riderville.com/2017/06/15/riders-ready-close-pre-season/

Not on the Rider roster anymore is our former QB Darian Durant who is currently playing for the Montreal Alouettes.

MONTREAL — After a training camp stalled by injury and a pre-season opener whereby he did not dress, quarterback Darian Durant showed very little in the way of rust when he made his debut with the Montreal Alouettes Thursday night.

Durant started the Als pre-season finale and in just a quarter of work, was impressive in his new digs, completing 7 of 12 passes for 113 yards and two touchdowns in just a quarter of work as the starter.

“The main thing we wanted to do was move the ball”, Durant told TSN’s John Lu at halftime. “When you move the ball, points will come”

www.cfl.ca/2017/06/15/little-rust-durant-makes-limited-pre-season-reps/

With just over 8 minutes left in the 4th, the Als have the game very well in hand leading 38 - 4 over the hapless Redblacks.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

I have nothing what-so-ever against Kevin Glenn but we've been there, done that with him already. We couldn't find anyone else to fill his position? Really? I can only hope he makes me eat my words.

And there you go.........one of the reasons Kev bugs me..........he won't let go of the damn ball. That sack is on him.

Lions get 1 on the board with a conceded point

Two sacks for our defense so far in the first

Finally...........Kev connects with Roosevelt for a big gain on the play - first of the quarter

Oh that's even better ........helluva of pass to Jerome Carter puts the Riders at the edge of the red zone - great play

Anthony Allen, who I am greatly pleased to see back with the team, gets 5 on the ground

Kev keeps but comes up just short of the down and the Riders have to settle for a FG

3 - 1 Riders in the first

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
2nd Q

Huge 96-yard return for the Lions is wiped out by a penalty

Wally's chewing his lips already

Lions overcome that little blooper to drive the ball downfield and score the first TD of the game early in the Q

It's Brandon Bridges turn in the pocket

His first throw nets a 6-yard gain but he comes up short on his next toss and it's a quick 2 and out for Brandon and the boys - again

Riders haven't learned how not to take penalties I see

Wow that Rainey is dangerous - the Lions are lucky to have him - he can cut through a defensive line like a knife through butter

Good coverage by Williams and Gainey in the end zone prevents the Lions from putting another 6 on the board and on 3 and goal, they won't even get a FG

Riders can't get out of the end zone and the kick gives the Lions pretty darn good field position ............and even better now that the Riders just gifted them a further 10 on yet another penalty ...............and now the Lions are half the distance to the goal line after the Riders are called for roughing the passer

Lions get another TD on the next play - Jennings proving his worth tonight

15 - 3 for the Lions with under 4 minutes left in the Q

Not impressed with our punt return crew so far

Bridge connects with Jenson Stoshak on the first throw but the ball is fumbled and recovered by the Lions - there was also an offside call against the Riders on the play but it was declined - the Rider followed up with yet another off-side and the Lions reach the end zone on the next throw from Jennings.

Another 2 and out for the Riders - 9 of them now

Lulay coming in to finish off the quarter for the Lions

197 yards and 3 TDs for Jennings

46-yard return for the Riders with :53 seconds left - and Bridge gets sacked before he can get the first throw away as the clock ticks down..........and he's sacked agin as #93 Roh for the Lions draws his second consecutive penalty for objectionable conduct right in front of the ref

Crapigna out to attempt a FG for the Riders and he hits the uprights from 45 yards out

22 - 3 for the Lions at the end of the half

I'm off to put the chickens to bed will miss the first part of the 3rd Q

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
4th Q

Got back to the game with about 11 minutes left in the 4th

I see the score is now 36 - 3 Lions

So how much have the Riders spent on Vince Young? I'm hearing there is a good chance he won't even take to the field this year after he was sidelined by an injury.

Another nice return by young Collins for Sask.

I believe that it is a coach's job to instill discipline in his players. Jones was miserable at that last year and from what I've seen in this game and am hearing from the TSN guys, he is failing at it again this year.

TD Riders on a money throw from Brian Bennett to Stanford.

7:32 in the 4th and we get our first TD of the game..........glad I was here to see it.

Riders draw an unnecessary roughness penalty - 17th penalty of the game - and the QB still gets away.

39 - 10 after Lions put a FG on the board

I'd say the Lions have no lack of talent on their team from what I've seen tonight.

Williams throws an interception right into the hands of the opposing teams receiver - 4th TO for the Riders

18th penalty of the night for the Riders - a couple more and they will have given an entire field length of yards away to the Lions - you don't win ballgames that way Chris.

42 - 10 after Lions get another 3 from a FG

Wow that Williams has some arm on him - that was a great pass

Riders threatening at the 14 yard line with a minute twenty-nine left and then Williams has to scramble under pressure from the Lions D but gets the pass away only to see the receiver fumble the ball and the Lions recover.

The Lions have to decided to end the Riders misery and take a knee to end the game.

42 - 10 the final and the Lions walk away with this one, easily.