Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid

CUBert
Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid | Media and Culture | AlterNet

December 15, 2010 |

Yet another study has been released proving that watching Fox News is detrimental to your intelligence. World Public Opinion, a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland, conducted a survey of American voters that shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources. What’s more, the study shows that greater exposure to Fox News increases misinformation.

mentalfloss
Been linked in the other fox thread already, cub. Be careful what you post in there by the by.

CUBert
oh
sorry

YukonJack
And what does your blind hatred that prompted you to quote that poll (which has been posted by another of your ilk already) make you CuBert?

CUBert
trying to make people aware of the mental defects fox news causes
i knew it all along but it's good to have a study to confirm my beliefs

YukonJack
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBertView Post

trying to make people aware of the mental defects fox news causes
i knew it all along but it's good to have a study to confirm my beliefs

You would probably have a better start if you made your point with proper capitalization and punctuation.

CUBert
unnecessary and irrelevant to the topic

petros
Capiltalization and punctuation doesn't make a FOX viewer any smarter....

YukonJack
And there are those who are unnecessary and irrelevant to this forum. Guess who?

CUBert
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJackView Post

And there are those who are unnecessary and irrelevant to this forum. Guess who?

people who think Glenn Beck has anything worth listening to ??

YukonJack
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Capiltalization and punctuation doesn't make a FOX viewer any smarter....

Safe to say that if my English were as sadly lacking as CuBert's, you and your ilk would make a big issue of it being my second language.

Not to mention that you would also claim that watching FOX makes one stupid.

BTW, you should be more careful with your spelling.

people who think Glenn Beck has anything worth listening to ??

And of course, those who never watched him say that he is not worth listening to.

REAL clever!

petros
+1
Maybe I don't give a shiit?

YukonJack
Rates right up there with your spelling skills.

And your social skills and manners.

petros
Am I at the Queen's ball? Are you?

Colpy

Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid | Media and Culture | AlterNet

December 15, 2010 |

Yet another study has been released proving that watching Fox News is detrimental to your intelligence. World Public Opinion, a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland, conducted a survey of American voters that shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources. What’s more, the study shows that greater exposure to Fox News increases misinformation.

Never watch it.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Never watch it.

I do, when I'm having lunch at the AQ!

YukonJack
How can this thread be still existing?

Just curious.

Johnnny
+4
#18  Top Rated Post
In my opinion watching something doesnt make you stupid, it could make you less informed..... In my opinion the person who published the study and posted this in the forum is mis informed.. And if you ask me (which you didnt) the anti fox crowd really seems to be becoming childish

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

In my opinion watching something doesnt make you stupid, it could make you less informed..... In my opinion the person who published the study and posted this in the forum is mis informed.. And if you ask me (which you didnt) the anti fox crowd really seems to be becoming childish

Finaly... a post that makes sense in this thread...
Edit: I just noticed you come from northern ontario.....Figures

karrie
+1

Yeah, alternet took some pretty inflammatory leaps with their title. Goes to show how 'well informed' their readers are if they don't understand the slant.

YukonJack

Watch it Johnnny, that kind of irresponsible and Oh so conservative language can earn you a severe rebuke from the moderators.

gerryh
+2

Watch it Johnnny, that kind of irresponsible and Oh so conservative language can earn you a severe rebuke from the moderators.

Grab a brain jackie and stop making it so easy for your detractors. What Johnny has said is perfectly valid and will NOT earn any kind of rebuke from the mods.

relic
jack,you keep saying that english is your second language,what's your first,american ?

petros

Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland, conducted a survey of American voters that shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources. What’s more, the study shows that greater exposure to Fox News increases misinformation.

JLM

Rates right up there with your spelling skills.

And your social skills and manners.

Y.J. It was you who admonished me for mentioning poor spelling- you said only "little people" were bothered by it.

YukonJack
And where did I say that, JLM?

JLM

And where did I say that, JLM?

When I mentioned your misspelling of "Barack".

YukonJack
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

When I mentioned your misspelling of "Barack".

Please quote me, JLM.

And what is wrong misspelling a word that is not English, as in a NAME, other than the definition of where soldiers live?

It was no worse than referring to George W. Bush as JUNIOR or worse.

mentalfloss

How can this thread be still existing?

Just curious.

Yep.

Avro

Please quote me, JLM.

And what is wrong misspelling a word that is not English, as in a NAME, other than the definition of where soldiers live?

It was no worse than referring to George W. Bush as JUNIOR or worse.

You've chided me for not spelling your name correctly.

Are you really this obtuse or is all an act to get attention.....or both?

If you want to get a time out YJ, keep it up.

I've been there.