Feds green light naked scanners

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

"We have to be reactive in this matter, we canít be proactive. We can only respond to threats as they arise. "- It's exactly like any other situation in life. Like locking your doors at night, having a functioning smoke alarm, tying up your shoe laces before you go anywhere- there's things you can do to minimize the risk, but having done all these things, there's still nothing to prevent a Sputnik from falling out of the sky and landing on your head.

Except being somewhere else .

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduynView Post

Except being somewhere else .

You "slay" me Bob.....................

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

You "slay" me Bob.....................

Just don't get your Sputnikers in a knot.

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by barneyView Post

Never realized the two had to be mutually exclusive...... etc.

Apparently, you misunderstood what I said and didn't read the bit about avoiding the bear. IOW, in avoiding the bear, you just stay away from the area where the bear is in order to be secure. That doesn't mean you lose your liberty to wander about in ALL areas.

ironsides

The Israelis lost political correctness when their airplanes were the primary targets in the '70's and 80's, they armed their pilots and put armed personnel in the cabin, to deal with any whack job who made it past their highly trained scrutineers. You want to fly safe, fly El Al, they've got a pretty good record considering the threat level they're under.

Now when El Al is mentioned you do fly secure. In addition to doing as you said, a passenger must be ready for a full body search including body cavities. They also use full body scanners, have been for years. They do and use what ever it takes.

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Now when El Al is mentioned you do fly secure. In addition to doing as you said, a passenger must be ready for a full body search including body cavities. They also use full body scanners, have been for years. They do and use what ever it takes.

I could be wrong, but last I heard, they don't use the scanners the US is demanding we use. In any case, they are more discriminatory rather than being random. Randomness has the appearance of being fair in our PC world, it may act as a bit of a deterance, but not very effective for detection.

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaGView Post

Apparently, you misunderstood what I said and didn't read the bit about avoiding the bear. IOW, in avoiding the bear, you just stay away from the area where the bear is in order to be secure. That doesn't mean you lose your liberty to wander about in ALL areas.

I feel very insecure in national parks where you cannot wander through bear country armed, so I avoid parks. I never go camping without a shootin' iron or three.

AnnaG

I feel very insecure in national parks where you cannot wander through bear country armed, so I avoid parks. I never go camping without a shootin' iron or three.

wow I go walking around in the bush without even having pepperspray. Our usual camping trip supplies are sleeping gear, shelter, cooking gear, and fishing gear. You stay away from here, please. You'd scare our critters. Use your arms for terrorists.

petros
Somebody ought to book that John Baird guy as a circus sideshow act.

He can see into the future by at least two months.

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Somebody ought to book that John Baird guy as a circus sideshow act.

He can see into the future by at least two months.

I dunno, I just see him as a monkey in need of an organgrinder.

ironsides

I could be wrong, but last I heard, they don't use the scanners the US is demanding we use. In any case, they are more discriminatory rather than being random. Randomness has the appearance of being fair in our PC world, it may act as a bit of a deterance, but not very effective for detection.

I wish they would get over this trying to be fair all the time, I see nothing wrong with a little racial profiling. These terrorists are not 6 foot+ blond Nordic people, they for the most part are of Black, Arab Mid-Eastern decent. Those are the ones who should be watched a little more carefully for now. Isreal does most everything with profiling and physical searches, and yes it works.

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

I wish they would get over this trying to be fair all the time, I see nothing wrong with a little racial profiling. These terrorists are not 6 foot+ blond Nordic people,

Nor are they generally 80 something gandmas or aunts, even after complete background checks, a three month wait for an ID card, retinal and finger print idenfication, even airport employees are still subject to random screening and physical searches

GreenFish66
The " rules" for security scanning have already been altered to allow "exceptions", which in the long run always leads to profiling/discrimination...(Harrassment abuse, torture)

.......and most seem not to mind....Too bad if you do.!.It's all about security and the Country's safety ..(businessmen/politicians/people of priveledge with lotsa air miles)

...Common public don't need to fly anyway (unless you collect air miles..(good luck collecting)

Safer stay home connect online.. ...

Over and out there ...

keep your head up high, feet firmly on the ground ,but watch your step.Remember we don't have wings..

GreenFish66
Digital search revives rights debate - thestar.com---

So what happens if Security thinks they see something "suspicious" after a full body scan has been given, only to discover after a few more very uncomfortable moments,after further extensive examination, Security was mistaken?....." Oh sorry sir/mam . I apologize for the inconvienience.. Enjoy your flight. Hope to see you again soon...."(?)( on the return flight?...)

The " rules" for security scanning have already been altered to allow "exceptions", which in the long run always leads to profiling/discrimination...(Harrassment abuse, torture)

.......and most seem not to mind....Too bad if you do.!.It's all about security and the Country's safety ..

Commoners have no business on planes anyway,so don't complain.....It's for everyones saftey