Israel- Hamas Ceasefire

Goober
+1
So does anyone think that Hamas is split between hardline- no peace- and those that want in the future a viable state and peace with Israel. And I am not referring to a 3 state agreement - Gaza- West Bank- Israel-

CDNBear
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by gore0bsessedView Post

No one is demonizing Israel...

Yes you are, stop lying.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Neat, you get caught lying again, and you jump to Biblical references and other assorted nonsense.

Interesting standards.

At least I can jump to an appropriate one, one that even a Jew should be able to understand, but it looks like you both have had the same form of corrupt teachings. I don't mind trolls like you but HF do you have to be a stuck record with one tiny line to throw out. Oh yeah anything else gets thrown back in your face when shown to be an intentional attempt to pass off, wait for it, a falsehood. Shooting unarmed civilians is morally repugnant, no wonder the IDF is held in high esteem by you.

Didn't they ban your *** for that deception about an invasion by Saddam and the border incident some 6 months later, might be part of the reason this site has the rep it does.

CDNBear
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

At least I can jump to an appropriate one, one that even a Jew should be able to understand, but it looks like you both have had the same form of corrupt teachings.

Back to calling me a Jew again I see.

Quote:

I don't mind trolls like you but HF do you have to be a stuck record with one tiny line to throw out.

I'm not stuck, you guys just keep on lying and I keep calling you on it.

Quote:

Oh yeah anything else gets thrown back in your face when shown to be an intentional attempt to pass off, wait for it, a falsehood.

You haven't proven that yet. Stop lying.

Quote:

Shooting unarmed civilians is morally repugnant, no wonder the IDF is held in high esteem by you.

That's IDF policy?

Please provide the policy or expose yourself as a liar again.

Quote:

Didn't they ban your *** for that deception about an invasion by Saddam and the border incident some 6 months later, might be part of the reason this site has the rep it does.

I didn't do anything deceptive.

That was EAO, DB, gorby and you. As has been proven, repeatedly.

MHz

Back to calling me a Jew again I see.

Why would I do that, we cleared that up some time ago. I was pointing out that it was from the Torah and short and not part of any 'complex passage' so a Jew most likely understands it. That doesn't mean it would be understood by you. I doubt the Jews would even want you, their standards may not be very high these days but that would still not include you as being a viable candidate.

CDNBear
+1

Why would I do that...

Because you're prone to lying, making silly allegations and writing ridiculous posts.

Quote:

... we cleared that up some time ago.

Yes, you got caught lying.

Quote:

I was pointing out that it was from the Torah and short and not part of any 'complex passage' so a Jew most likely understands it.

Wrong thread.

Quote:

That doesn't mean it would be understood by you.

Is that why IO had to explain to you that the Bible was based on the Torah and not the other way around as you claimed?

Quote:

I doubt the Jews would even want you, their standards may not be very high these days but that would still not include you as being a viable candidate.

I have lots of Jewish friends back in Montreal. They think I'm crazy, but a really cool guy.

MHz

I have lots of Jewish friends back in Montreal. They think I'm crazy, but a really cool guy.

They would say that to a goy who blindly parrots what they say.

CDNBear

They would say that to a goy who blindly parrots what they say.

I parrot anti war jingoisms, Yiddish slang, Jewish jokes, and anti Quebecoius rhetoric?

You really should try some honesty sometime.

MHz

Is that why IO had to explain to you that the Bible was based on the Torah and not the other way around as you claimed?

I'm going to assume you mean (I). The Torah has followers that don't use the NT to complete the story those 5 books start. Not the smartest move if you want to claim to understanding God. That also means taking in their view on things via various writings outside of the Scriptures themselves is not the smartest thing to do. A Jew doing it I can understand that, but you claim no affiliation to that group, so that just makes you a parrot with no real independent thinking, just part of the 'collective'.

CDNBear

I'm going to assume you mean (I). The Torah has followers that don't use the NT to complete the story those 5 books start. Not the smartest move if you want to claim to understanding God. That also means taking in their view on things via various writings outside of the Scriptures themselves is not the smartest thing to do. A Jew doing it I can understand that, but you claim no affiliation to that group, so that just makes you a parrot with no real independent thinking, just part of the 'collective'.

You're in the wrong thread again.

gerryh
+1

You're in the wrong thread again.

He/she/it is too fu cking stupid to be able to "know" anything, let alone "know" what thread to post or not post in.

MHz

I parrot anti war jingoisms, ....

Like this one?

The Palestinians will change the rules of the game and will lose if they proceed with their bid to become an observer state at the U.N., an Israeli diplomatic source suggested on Saturday.
In response to the possibility that the Palestinian Authority will submit a request to the U.N. to upgrade its status to that of a non-member observer state, the source said, "They will change the rules of the game and they will emerge with less." Israel has been working with the U.S. and Europe to convince the Palestinians no to pursue the initiative.
Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz (Likud) said recently in closed-door discussions that he had made it clear to PA Prime Minister Salam Fayyad and other senior Palestinian officials that Israel could cease its cooperation with the authority, and even block the transfer of funds to it, if it went ahead with its unilateral request.
"The Palestinian initiative at the U.N. is more dangerous than rocket attacks from Gaza," Steinitz remarked.
Israel Hayom | 'PA bid at UN more dangerous than missiles from Gaza'

CDNBear

Like this one?
The Palestinians will change the rules of the game and will lose if they proceed with their bid to become an observer state at the U.N., an Israeli diplomatic source suggested on Saturday. In response to the possibility that the Palestinian Authority will submit a request to the U.N. to upgrade its status to that of a non-member observer state, the source said, "They will change the rules of the game and they will emerge with less." Israel has been working with the U.S. and Europe to convince the Palestinians no to pursue the initiative. Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz (Likud) said recently in closed-door discussions that he had made it clear to PA Prime Minister Salam Fayyad and other senior Palestinian officials that Israel could cease its cooperation with the authority, and even block the transfer of funds to it, if it went ahead with its unilateral request. "The Palestinian initiative at the U.N. is more dangerous than rocket attacks from Gaza," Steinitz remarked.
Israel Hayom | 'PA bid at UN more dangerous than missiles from Gaza'

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
I've never parroted that.

Stop lying.

MHz

I've never parroted that.

It only came out today. You will be if you want to keep your Jewish friends, just ask Judge Goldstone.

gerryh
+2

You will be if you want to keep your Jewish friends, just ask Judge Goldstone.

more stupidity from the terminally stupid.

MHz
+1
Commenting on your own posts eh ger.
I would gladly walk side by side with this Jew and I don't even have to ask you or bear if you would because he would want **** all to do with either of you.

Miko Peled Part 1 - YouTube

earth_as_one
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

So does anyone think that Hamas is split between hardline- no peace- and those that want in the future a viable state and peace with Israel. And I am not referring to a 3 state agreement - Gaza- West Bank- Israel-

Yes I am certain the entire Palestinian community is split regarding Israel. Some have lost everything (family, friends...) and have nothing left but their anger and a sense of revenge. Others just want to live in peace and get on with their lives. I'm on the side of those who want to live in peace and get on with their lives.

The current situation forces even those who just want to live in peace to fight against an enemy which chokes their very existence. But not all forms of resistance are violent. I only support non-violent methods of resistance for Palestinian freedom and justice.

I also believe Israelis also consist of those who want violence and revenge and those who want peace.

What everyone on all sides who want peace must do is stop empowering those who seek violence, war death and destruction.

Here in Canada we are far removed from the conflict. But we are immersed in a sea of propaganda supporting one side's war criminals. Knowing the ugly truth about this conflict is the first step to making Canada a force for freedom and justice in this conflict. The Harper Conservative position on this conflict is repugnant. We are not helping the Israelis who want to live in peace, by supporting unshakably those who claim to support peace, but in reality will start wars and cleanse regions of non-Jews just to improve their chances of re-election.

Let me make this clear. The Harper Conservatives are on the side of war, death and destruction of the Palestinian people. But they are also political animals, with a sense of self preservation. If the majority of Canadians stop supporting Zionist ethnic cleansing, so will the Harper Conservatives.

damngrumpy
+1
Actually this could be the beginning of some serious breakthrough changes.
A number of things has come out of this that are very positive.
For one Hamas is appearing to have some credibility it has forced the Israelis
to talk about issues. The leader of Hamas has demonstrated that he is more
moderate than most thought him to be when its time to talk.
Egypt has demonstrated to the world that it has not lost its luster on the world
stage. the current leadership delivered Israels message to Hamas in a manner
that was productive. Egypt did not automatically side militarily with Hamas.
America was able to ensure that calmer heads prevailed.
Perhaps the blockade can be eased, the people in Gaza will begin to see that
their future lies at a negotiating table, and the same holds true for Israel.
If the Palestinians and Israelis could find a way to solve the West Bank issues
they could in fact become each others best hope for peace and could in fact in
time become each others best allies in the region.

MHz
+1
"a negotiating table"
How about the ICC in the Hague?

Just the Facts
+1

No. Palestinians in general may be, but not Hamas itself.

earth_as_one

"a negotiating table"
How about the ICC in the Hague?

I would support a Truth and Reconciliation Tribunal, where telling the truth gets you amnesty.

That's how South Africa moved past their version of Apartheid.

Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Actually this could be the beginning of some serious breakthrough changes.....

I agree with your observations (more or less), but also I think this latest battle could lead to peace because of the new costs Palestinians can force Israelis to pay:

The final cost of this assault is not yet known and depends on the length of the conflict. However, the business information company BDI estimates it at about NIS 1.1 billion a week. The Manufacturer's Association of Israel estimates damage to the more than 430 businesses in the south at NIS 120 million. Meanwhile, eighty percent of all retail and services are shuttered in the south, costing the economy NIS 90 million and NIS 100 million a day, according to the Federation of Chambers of Commerce. Of course, none of these estimates count the still unknown costs of damage to property.

Moreover, the much vaunted Iron Dome antimissile interception system is only partially effective (and also very expensive). According to Ehud Barak, Iron Dome has launched more than 350 interceptors, costing $20 million so far. Estimates of how much each interceptor missile costs vary between $35,000 and about $100,000 (the latter is according to Yossi Drucker, head of Rafael's Iron Dome Project).

Nena News Agency | The Achievements of the Palestinian Resistance

While Palestinians can't hope to defeat the Israelis at this point, they do have a demonstrated ability to shut down the Israeli economy and force the Israeli military to fire very expensive anti-missile missiles to shoot down their relatively lower cost dumb missiles.

Up until now, Israel has made a net profit from their ethnic cleansing war. Now its going to get very expensive. Maybe that practical reality will lead to Palestinian freedom and justice.

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I would support a Truth and Reconciliation Tribunal, where telling the truth gets you amnesty.

That's how South Africa moved past their version of Apartheid.

Then you would have to bring in a lot of important people in many Muslim countries. From Qatar, Saudi, Iran to name a few.
Bad idea - But I noted your misuse of the term apartheid as it does not apply to Israel. Why use inflammatory terms- It does not lead to a positive discussion.

MHz
UN 181 more or less created that court to field complaints that arise from the implementation of that document, the ICC is the only place it could be deemed as being fully illegal wiping out the Israeli Gvernment but giving the ones there now protection from becoming displaced persons and I'm quite sure the world would be quite comfortable with the Holy Land being a place where Jews could practice their religion in safety but without taking on the running of the country.

Then you would have to bring in a lot of important people in many Muslim countries. From Qatar, Saudi, Iran to name a few.
Bad idea - But I noted your misuse of the term apartheid as it does not apply to Israel. Why use inflammatory terms- It does not lead to a positive discussion.

Different rules for different parts of society is very much a part of everyday life in Israel today.just a

Part 1 is just above so that might be more on track to your post but this is also relevent.

Miko Peled Part 2 - The right of return - YouTube

Goober

UN 181 more or less created that court to field complaints that arise from the implementation of that document, the ICC is the only place it could be deemed as being fully illegal wiping out the Israeli Gvernment but giving the ones there now protection from becoming displaced persons and I'm quite sure the world would be quite comfortable with the Holy Land being a place where Jews could practice their religion in safety but without taking on the running of the country.

And people think that Hamas won something- I do not know what- Iron Dome works- Davids Sling is being rolled out.

Israel did not go into Gaza due to PR- Israel fighting in a densely populated area will eventually hit a school- an apartment- children killed. The world is in uproar.
Those are the facts - any one that can think knows it is the truth.

Israel made a mistake by not giving Abbas a table to negotiate at. Critical error.

MHz
Why not just throw the money, a lot of money, over the fence? They would be further ahead in the short and long-run.
Hitting all the civilian infrastructure was all by accident? Surely you don't believe that in this day and age where bombs hit just what they are aimed at, including specific windows as they did in one instance.

How many of the 1500 rocket claimed by Israel were actually misses by the dome, last stats I saw was 1500 fired and less than 500 hits. Did the other 1,000 just evaporate of do they come back down. It isn't like anybody is going to be given an opportunity to examine the remains to see if it was guided or not. Taking somebody at their word isn't the best approach, might as well poke out your eyes and lope off your ears if that is your current approach to getting the truth.

earth_as_one

aĚpartĚheid n.1. An official policy of racial segregation formerly practiced in the Republic of South Africa, involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against nonwhites.
2. A policy or practice of separating or segregating groups.
3. The condition of being separated from others; segregation.

Just the Facts
+1
Well, that didn't take long, Israeli's already paying the price for making concessions to realize a ceasefire in a conflict they weren't losing. Can anybody cite an example of a nation that has made concessions for a ceasefire when they were winning?

The IDF discovered a hole in the nearby Gaza security fence, and footprints from the area matched the shoes of the intruder, who had escaped to the Moshav Sde Avraham's greenhouses after he tried to kill the girl.

IDF Kills Suspected Gaza Terrorist after Stabbing - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News

earth_as_one
Define winning...

Israel's losses in the eight-day conflict with Gaza could top $1 billion. Businesses within 25 miles of the border lose money when they were ordered closed.

After cease-fire, Israel eyes war's economic cost

Gaza op costs tourism $1.8B in damages. Some 300,000 tourists cancel visits to Israel following Operation Pillar of Defense.
Gaza op costs tourism $1.8B in damages - Israel Travel, Ynetnews
Last edited by earth_as_one; Nov 26th, 2012 at 04:48 PM..

DaSleeper
+1
How much more expensive would it have been to let Hamas lob them rockets indiscriminately at their citizens?????

Just trying to break the add-ons to your original post....

EagleSmack
+2
EAO cutting and pasting attack and hating on dem Jooos again.

no new posts