Marines and Honour

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Spade - War is not pretty - I was listening the other day to a fellow talking about this very incident.

You are in a firefight, now consider the highest point your adrenaline has ever been at, multiply it - Bullets whizzing, bombs blasting, people killed.
And boom it is over. Except that adrenaline is still pumping as that is how your body works - you are checking and you are OK - exhilarated you are alive. And that old adrenaline is still pumping thru your body -and everyone else's as well.
You all survived - These are the FFrs that tried to kill you and your buddies. Adrenaline is still maxed out.

Shxt happens.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Can someone tell me what all the furor is all about?

When it is all over and you have all survived there is one important lesson soldiers should have learned by now. Always shoot the guy with the camera or the video cam.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Can someone tell me what all the furor is all about?

Playground wisdon Bear.... One must be gracious both in winning or losing.

Perhaps if the Marines simply instituted a rule that you go shake hands with the fallen enemy (after the fight) and congratulate them on their gallantry, the leftist detractors may be placated.

... Or maybe the custom in the ME is more akin to dragging the bodies of the fallen enemy behind trucks through the towns as a tribute to their bravery.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Oh ye of little knowledge.

Yeah, whatever! Did you read the story or any other journalist's report on the incident.

The fu*king USMC has a history of this type of inhuman behavior. It comes from the brainwashing they get in basic training and the groupthink mentality ingrained in them.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Some brainless, jerk-off US marines pissing on dead afghanis. Seems most normal people, marines obviously excluded, take a dim view of this type of action.
Although they may be Afghani, they are un-uniformed insurgents. Not just some poor townies that got caught in the crossfire.

It certainly isn't something I would do, nor do I condone it, but I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. I piss on pieces of ****, daily, right before I wipe.

Playground wisdom Bear.... One must be gracious both in winning or losing.
I agree. I also believe one should have respect for uniformed soldiers, even on the other team. Insurgents aren't really what I call soldiers.

Yeah, whatever! Did you read the story or any other journalist's report on the incident.

The fu*king USMC has a history of this type of inhuman behavior. It comes from the brainwashing they get in basic training and the groupthink mentality ingrained in them.
You really don't know much about military training, specifically Marine Corp training, if you actually believe what you just said.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Although they may be Afghani, they are un-uniformed insurgents. Not just some poor townies that got caught in the crossfire.

It certainly isn't something I would do, nor do I condone it, but I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. I piss on pieces of ****, daily, right before I wipe.

I agree. I also believe one should have respect for uniformed soldiers, even on the other team. Insurgents aren't really what I call soldiers.

So you have no respect for the French resistance in ww2 or any other rebel force in history?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009

You really don't know much about military training, specifically Marine Corp training, if you actually believe what you just said.

As you mentioned, these Afghanis were not uniformed combatants.

Theirs is more a guerrilla-style approach and part of that strategy is attempting to blend in with the local population.... In my eyes, it is essentially a close relation to the the cowardly practice of using children and women as human shields.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So you have no respect for the French resistance in ww2 or any other rebel force in history?
Trying to compare fundamentalist insurgents to the French Resistance, is idiotic.

Theirs is more a guerrilla-style approach and part of that strategy is attempting to blend in with the local population.... In my eyes, it is essentially a close relation to the the cowardly practice of using children and women as human shields.
Which pretty much separates them from true resistance fighters.

That incident was just plain downright poor taste, not to mention stupidity. :roll:
Ya, that sums it up best.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

Are you gonna cry and call foul if you bring a knife to a gunfight? I would do the same thing if an occupying force invaded Canada. The only real res in combat are win & survive.

This isn't a boxing match with rules you know. They see it as defending their country by any means necessary and available.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

How many times have you been in a situation where you could have been killed. Now read the below. And best read up on the French Resistance - Much worse shxt happened there as well.

War is not pretty - I was listening the other day to a fellow talking about this very incident.

You are in a firefight, now consider the highest point your adrenaline has ever been at, multiply it - Bullets whizzing, bombs blasting, people killed.
And boom it is over. Except that adrenaline is still pumping as that is how your body works - you are checking and you are OK - exhilarated you are alive. And that old adrenaline is still pumping thru your body -and everyone else's as well.
You all survived - These are the FFrs that tried to kill you and your buddies. Adrenaline is still maxed out.

Shxt happens.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Are you gonna cry and call foul if you bring a knife to a gunfight? I would do the same thing if an occupying force invaded Canada. The only real res in combat are win & survive.

This isn't a boxing match with rules you know. They see it as defending their country by any means necessary and available.

.. So, there are no rules in this fight until AFTER it's all done, in which case it's all about good cheer and camaraderie.

Gotcha

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Has it been determined that they were in fact Afghani citizens?

A great many un-uniformed insurgents, are foreign nationals.

They aren't fighting to protect their country, they're fighting to maintain a fundamentalist regime.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

No I do not think you would. I think you would Fuk off at the high port.