Montreal family kills daughters

TenPenny
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

Afghanis aren't a race or even an ethnicity-just a bunch of barbarians who happen to inhabit the area-they murder each other even more often than their own children.

You should have seen the interview with the Afghani student from Queens, he was horrified that anyone would do such a thing, and pleased with the verdict.

Don't forget, there are 'Christians' who feel that killing people who offend you is acceptable. It's not all Muslims who feel this way.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
L Gilbert

Nasrat Parsa-Afghani singer who lived in exile-murdered on the streets of Vancouver BC by fellow Afghanis claiming to be his fans-for 'singing the wrong songs'. (external - login to view)

So? Peter Demeter - The Canadian Encyclopedia (external - login to view) How is one more barbaric than the other?

TenPenny
I was listening to 'the Current', or rather, the intro to it, this morning, and there was a point made that this is one extreme of the continumm that has men in charge of women...think about the 'quaint' tradition of a man asking the girl's father if he can marry her. That's one step on the continuum that also includes a father believing he can have absolute control of his daughter's sex life, and has the right to kill her if she breaks his rules.

An interesting point to think about, anyway.

Durry
An interesting article by BBC
BBC News - In the Afghan villages where Taliban still rule (external - login to view)

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

You should have seen the interview with the Afghani student from Queens, he was horrified that anyone would do such a thing, and pleased with the verdict.

Don't forget, there are 'Christians' who feel that killing people who offend you is acceptable. It's not all Muslims who feel this way.

Let alone there are "Christians" who are real A$$holes!

WLDB

I was listening to 'the Current', or rather, the intro to it, this morning, and there was a point made that this is one extreme of the continumm that has men in charge of women...think about the 'quaint' tradition of a man asking the girl's father if he can marry her. That's one step on the continuum that also includes a father believing he can have absolute control of his daughter's sex life, and has the right to kill her if she breaks his rules.

An interesting point to think about, anyway.

Indeed. It has been proven time and time again that the empowerment of women ends up having huge benefits for the lives of everyone in the country. Unfortunately some men prefer to be in control of everything in a little hut or cave.

Durry
Keeping these people locked up behind bars for 25 yrs is going to cost taxpayers $10 million.
This guy only entered into Canada in 96/97, he made little contribution to Canada.
We should bring back the death penalty for these kind of people!!!

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

Keeping these people locked up behind bars for 25 yrs is going to cost taxpayers $10 million.
This guy only entered into Canada in 96/97, he made little contribution to Canada.

And, how do you think that would be less expensive, after all the years in prison before the
sentence is carried out, and the 2 or 3 appeals that take place during that time.

no thanks I am quite happy to know they are miserable, hateful, and will spend all of that time prison
cursing all of us in this country for what we did to them.

That is real suffering, and it is too kind to them to put them to death, that would end their misery.

Durry
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

That is real suffering, and it is too kind to them to put them to death, that would end their misery.

Yes, but I am a kind person, I just don't like to spend my money looking after someone who does not deserve to be looked after..

Murderers should be given tools to kill themselves in jail: Tory senator - The Globe and Mail

talloola

Yes, but I am a kind person, I just don't like to spend my money looking after someone who does not deserve to be looked after..

Murderers should be given tools to kill themselves in jail: Tory senator - The Globe and Mail

that is obvious, even though it is the right thing to do.

when I look back on all the years olsen spent in prison, I am glad for every
penny of tax I paid toward that, as he spent all of those years in a frenzy,
trying to figure out how to get out, how to bother everyone, and it was many
years of suffering for him, and he deserved every minute of that suffering,
and to kill him right away for what he did, would have been too kind.

WLDB

So, murderers would get to take the easy way out but innocent people with terminal conditions have to suffer for years without this option. Now thats fair.

Durry
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

that is obvious, even though it is the right thing to do.

when I look back on all the years olsen spent in prison, I am glad for every
penny of tax I paid toward that, as he spent all of those years in a frenzy,
trying to figure out how to get out, how to bother everyone, and it was many
years of suffering for him, and he deserved every minute of that suffering,
and to kill him right away for what he did, would have been too kind.

Ummmm, you sound very vengeful, I'm more practical !!

Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Now thats fair.

Well what can I say....... Life's a bitch ..... Eh ???

lone wolf
There's probably no better sentence for a control freak than a sentence that forces them to deal with themselves....

...neat touch would be an unbreakable mirror in the cell

talloola
+1

Ummmm, you sound very vengeful, I'm more practical !!

He paid the price for all of the crimes he committed, my thoughts go toward the victims in both
crimes, nothing vengeful, but much compassion and sadness for the people who's lives were taken
at such a young age, and these three miserable human beings have to do the same, why on earth should
they have any mercy at all from anyone, as they gave no mercy to their victims, killed those young people
in a horrible way, for a sick and twisted reason.
The decision is 'speaking' for the dead, who cannot speak for themselves, it is
the only way we all can come to their aid, and make things right.

DurkaDurka
+1

We should keep it on the books for people like you, clean up the gene pool a bit.

bill barilko
Apologists make me want to puke.

TenPenny

Apologists make me want to puke.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

By the way, who is being an apologist on this thread, and for what?

JLM
+1

I am glad to see we agree on something!

Mowich
+1

An interesting article by BBC
BBC News - In the Afghan villages where Taliban still rule (external - login to view)

It was a very interesting read, Durry. Though I am loath to admit it, part of me actually felt the guy deserved what he got from the three sisters - never thought I would be saying that about Taliban tactics.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Let alone there are "Christians" who are real A$$holes!

You really shouldn't talk about Republican candidates that way, JLM.........oops! you didn't - my bad. LOL!

Or we could implement an option whereby the guilty are given the choice of an injection or life without any chance of parole.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

!

Or we could implement an option whereby the guilty are given the choice of an injection or life without any chance of parole.

This kind of people are good to use for experiments, perhaps this type of life could survive on the moon, put 'em in a capsule and shoot them out there and find out!

Mowich

This kind of people are good to use for experiments, perhaps this type of life could survive on the moon, put 'em in a capsule and shoot them out there and find out!

Or a capsule under the sea near an earthquake zone.

JLM
+1

Or a capsule under the sea near an earthquake zone.

That would work!

Durry

I am glad to see we agree on something!

Well I'm glad your finally coming around to my way of thinking !!

Yep, I would buy into that idea !!

It was a very interesting read, Durry. Though I am loath to admit it, part of me actually felt the guy deserved what he got from the three sisters - never thought I would be saying that about Taliban tactics.

Yeah, it's a little hard to imagine what these people go thru and how they think living in that god foresaken country!!

WLDB

Again, why should a convicted killer be given the choice to live or die when innocent people facing a slow painful death don't get the same option?

Durry
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Again, why should a convicted killer be given the choice to live or die when innocent people facing a slow painful death don't get the same option?

Well, maybe they should be given an option !!!
We as Canadians make the laws, we should be able to make them that best suits our beliefs. Not sure that it won't change in the future, I think more and more are asking the same question..

Sparrow
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

There's probably no better sentence for a control freak than a sentence that forces them to deal with themselves....

...neat touch would be an unbreakable mirror in the cell

The best sentence for a control freak is to have to live under another person's complete control.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by SparrowView Post

The best sentence for a control freak is to have to live under another person's complete control.

yes, that is my thought too, these people will have to do that for 25 years, all the time believing
what they did was the right thing, but they will have 'no' control over anything.

Spade

Less than a century ago, women were not persons under the law in Canada.

DurkaDurka

Well, maybe they should be given an option !!!
We as Canadians make the laws, we should be able to make them that best suits our beliefs. Not sure that it won't change in the future, I think more and more are asking the same question..

If people like "you" made the laws here, Canada would probably a horrible place to live.