Analysts: More Libyan bloodshed could prompt U.S., NATO intervention


ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#331
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Clinton is right. You think the Libyans are going to let planes fly unmolested? Without a doubt they will be firing SAMs at our aircraft. That would mean we would have to bomb. Suddenly reports of US planes bombing Libyan Weddings round the clock will emerge.



Of course she is right, by saying that she has committed us as usual to do the job. See how fast the no fly zone was approved. Remember- NATO means mainly America. I still say the Arabs take care of their dirty laundry, and support their own no fly zone.


 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
#332
Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

As far as I'm concerned Gaddafy can stay where he is. He owes me nothing and I owe him nothing !!
The Libyan rebels should complain to someone who cares like their Muslim bros !!

What goes on in that country is no concern to the USA or Canada. Those people are perfectly capable of solving their own problems. Anyone who says we should intervene in Libya without voicing any concern for Ivory Coast is a hypocrite who is seeking to protect their oil interests but who doesn't give a flying sh!t about human rights or anything else.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#333
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

Well the UN Security Council has just approved a no fly zone over Libya. This is a chance for Canadians to ride to the rescue of Libyans.

If Obama gets even one American killed over this gawd help the fatuous vacuity who leads the US.

The US shouldn't take much role in this farce. Let the world save itself.

Baals, our Canuck pals don't want to get involved either. At least that is what I am reading.

So... if the UN Security council approved of it... then let someone else punch holes in the skies and getting blamed for bombing weddings.

Maybe it's time for the Canucks, Brits and Yanks to pass out donuts for this one.

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Which war ES? If NATO gets involved it will have to bomb and strafe Israeli paid Mercs and officers. Why do you think the "international community" is hanging way back till Gadaffy & friends gets the lid on things. This is Europe and Merica butting heads over oil/water/African gateway, all of that will be rescued the people will be freed at some later date, when it dosn't cost as much money. I guess

Looks like I spoke too soon Beaver. You're going to have your little boom-boom afterall.

So... what happens when we start killing Israelis that you say are on the ground? We're going to have to strafe them right?
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#334
Now that there is a cease fire Clinton is trying another tactic to get the U.S. more actively involved. She wants to see Gadhafi pull back from his land that he re-took. She will do anything to get us in a fire fight there. So much for just applying a "no fly zone". Obama the man of peace has spoken again.
 
EagleSmack
#335
Oh bombs will fall. We're not getting dressed up for nothing.

Besides, our USN and USAF pilots have been out of the game for awhile and need a bit of trigger time.
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#336
That's true, we could use this little diversion to create jobs to replace equipment, sparking the economy a little while giving the USN and USAF practice.
 
Avro
No Party Affiliation
+1
#337
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Now that there is a cease fire Clinton is trying another tactic to get the U.S. more actively involved. She wants to see Gadhafi pull back from his land that he re-took. She will do anything to get us in a fire fight there. So much for just applying a "no fly zone". Obama the man of peace has spoken again.

Yep, like I said, no different than your boy Bush except now that it is a dumbcrat it is a bad decision.

When it is a Republican't it's the right one.

You guys desperately need a third party but that just seems a little to complex for you.
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#338
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

Yep, like I said, no different than your boy Bush except now that it is a dumbcrat it is a bad decision.

When it is a Republican't it's the right one.

You guys desperately need a third party but that just seems a little to complex for you.

Nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats, there all the same. I'm leery of a third fourth party, that could lead to a minority government which is not majority rule. (not that we have that now)
 
Avro
No Party Affiliation
#339
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats, there all the same. I'm leery of a third fourth party, that could lead to a minority government which is not majority rule. (not that we have that now)

They are all the same....you need another choice....or several others.

What's wrong with a minority, we have one right now and it works.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#340
Mar 18 11:01

Investment bankers salivate over North Africa

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Baals, our Canuck pals don't want to get involved either. At least that is what I am reading.

So... if the UN Security council approved of it... then let someone else punch holes in the skies and getting blamed for bombing weddings.

Maybe it's time for the Canucks, Brits and Yanks to pass out donuts for this one.



Looks like I spoke too soon Beaver. You're going to have your little boom-boom afterall.

So... what happens when we start killing Israelis that you say are on the ground? We're going to have to strafe them right?

They got phones and transport, I don't see a problem. They made the call for the rescue of Lybia by the international haha community.
 
EagleSmack
#341
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post


They got phones and transport, I don't see a problem. They made the call for the rescue of Lybia by the international haha community.


They got mangos and paper clips. Where are my shoes? Oh right, every day but on Tuesday. How does that go on for hours huh? Kanasta?
 
BaalsTears
#342
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

They are all the same....you need another choice....or several others.

What's wrong with a minority, we have one right now and it works.

America has a presidential system, not a parliamentary system.
 
Avro
No Party Affiliation
#343
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

America has a presidential system, not a parliamentary system.


Explain that to ironsides.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#344
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

America has a presidential system, not a parliamentary system.

Actualy It's a "Republic".....
 
jamaica
#345
Well I think the fact that there are other countries willing to take the first step apart from the US is a good thing. Cameron's choice is faar better than Blair as it pertains to motivation for intervention/war. Blair closed gis eyes and j...
 
EagleSmack
#346
Quote: Originally Posted by jamaicaView Post

Well I think the fact that there are other countries willing to take the first step apart from the US is a good thing. Cameron's choice is faar better than Blair as it pertains to motivation for intervention/war. Blair closed gis eyes and j...

Well versed.
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#347
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

They are all the same....you need another choice....or several others.

What's wrong with a minority, we have one right now and it works.

Yes, I see how it is working. What is being accomplished that has he majority of Canadians happy? Lots of grumbling up there. Yes, I happen to like a presidential system over the parliamentary system. We changed it on purpose years ago remember. We like all our members to Congress to be elected, not appointed.
 
Avro
No Party Affiliation
+1
#348
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Yes, I see how it is working. What is being accomplished that has he majority of Canadians happy? Lots of grumbling up there. Yes, I happen to like a presidential system over the parliamentary system. We changed it on purpose years ago remember. We like all our members to Congress to be elected, not appointed.


Yep, we have lower debt, higher employment, and a strong dollar...seems to work for us.

I'll take our parliment over your circus any day.

Don't see me hanging out on a US forum either...yet here you are.
 
Omicron
#349
How about if everyone around here gets some facts piped into their head?

Before I speak any further I think it fair to share the music I am listening to while typing: http://tunes.digitalock.com/raggleta...o_dancemix.mp3 <-- click here for background music


The French are the most perfectly positioned to hit Gadhafi, for a historical bunch of reasons I don't know where to begin. French Foreign Legion? Marching over the desert? Ignoring the fact that Italy under Muselini did a takeover? Nobody noticing that Libya is basically four oasis?

The issue is if the Bedouin red-necks can do logical business trade in order to keep the oil flowing and for it to pay back to schools.

I am so ****ing not going to tell you how it is a time to let Europe go back and do it's stuff I don't know where to begin.

Eat ****, but what's going to happen is Uncle Sam is going to hang around the Mediteranian and be nice to its allies providing signal information, while said allies clean up their own oil supply issues.

In case you didn't know, Gadafhi is currently secretly negotiation with the west saying he will promise never to cut off oil, at which point it's tempting to set the MBA blood suckers against him.

It's the first time in a long time when western force be used for good when the objective used to be used by MBA Wall street, and the only issue is the women want to raise kids.

http://raggletagglegypsio_dancemix.mp3 <--click to play


Here's a post-St. Paddy's tune. Play it. It's what I'm listening to while I type. I remixed it from scraps: raggletagglegypsio_dancemix.mp3

I don't know where to begin. Morons will be stupid about France demonstrating muscle over its historical sphere of influence, while it has maintained it's right of free will when it built its own nukes.

If it wants to it can be an independent ******* and none of you can say anything about it unless you want nuclear war. The lamest your Wall Streeters can do is tar them with the statement that they don't fight unless they need to.

Oh my goodness how difficult it will be to see France to show a place where she can get legitimatly pissded of while victims of American brain wash learned from Hitler stand around acting stupid.

I have prayed, and Heavenly Father tells me your behavior is natural when taken over by the comfort of stupid dumbness. Judgement will be determined by whether or not you are naturaly dumb, or if you had to get sucked into evil to get it, in which case the big Kahuna is going to suss you out by your IQ. It's an issue of if you were the big Kahuan wondering which souls to keep alive after their body's die, or whether or not it's best and means nothing to let it go back into nothingness like before it was born.




Now France *wants* to take them, and unlike you puppets of MBA Wall Street programing, the command of American and British and Italian control are mostly only concerned between each other over who gets to take over.

You see... in the old days, if Europe had flown in and bombed the tar out of Ghadafi, Arabs would have risen up against us.

In this case, agents made deals with the rebels that the existing oil contracts continue, meaning, they could still get what they need and be nice.

Said deal being done, the question remains:

My women feeding help into the aftermath zone are better than yours.

My hypnotic fascination with French fighters still intrigues me over how it would be mystically fascinating to watch it take over Ghadafi's airforce, after which it would be a buncha bedoin vs bedoin.

Lord God.

There might be a situation where an overlord would make sense.

I'm going back to church.
Last edited by Omicron; Mar 19th, 2011 at 02:58 AM..
 
Omicron
#350
*Groan* my head hurts.

So, anyway... government of Libya.

The reason Goondaffy got and held power is because Libya is essentially four oasis with a bunch of bad-*** blue-robed Bedouin's scattered in-between.

They're going to require a government, and to me it would make sense to have one put in by the Arab League, excpet... can you picture it... the Arab league figuring out how to build an objective government?

It really doesn't matter as long as the people are happy and the oil contracts are honored.

Maybe Turkey could do it.

How about if the place be turned over to Turkey for provisional governance?
Last edited by Omicron; Mar 20th, 2011 at 03:59 AM..
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#351
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

Yep, we have lower debt, higher employment, and a strong dollar...seems to work for us.

I'll take our parliment over your circus any day.

Don't see me hanging out on a US forum either...yet here you are.

Lower debt I'll give you. Employment rate 7.7% as opposed to our 8.8%, not much better. Now as for our dollar as weak as it maybe, I can still purchase more of almost anything than you can dollar for dollar. U.S. dollar still packs more of a punch.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#352
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Lower debt I'll give you. Employment rate 7.7% as opposed to our 8.8%, not much better. Now as for our dollar as weak as it maybe, I can still purchase more of almost anything than you can dollar for dollar. U.S. dollar still packs more of a punch.

8.8 per cent unemployment? get out of the states ironsides
U.S. Government Printing Office Needs 350,934 National Detainee Handbooks Printed by 29 April 2011
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#353
We should use the air force and navy bombs in a relentless attack of government
forces day and night.. It is time to finish these people off once and and for all.
 
Omicron
#354
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Lower debt I'll give you. Employment rate 7.7% as opposed to our 8.8%, not much better. Now as for our dollar as weak as it maybe, I can still purchase more of almost anything than you can dollar for dollar. U.S. dollar still packs more of a punch.

Our dollar is strong. No thanks to the Reformacons piggy-backing on Martin's already worst-case-scenario budget cuts.

Martin cut it down as close to the bone as can be done according to any new world order system of economics while maintaining Canadian civilization. Nobody remembers the accommodating thing that was. Am I the only one who remembers the whining of the programs on CBC being cut back then, when their budget was cut buy 600 million down to it's present level?

Harper on the other hand is either evil or stupid. If he knows what he's doing he's evil, and if he doesn't' he's stupid, although I should maybe tell you I had a dream the other night where Harper was sitting at the same table as all the other leaders, laughing at the feedback against the role he was told to play.
Last edited by Omicron; Apr 19th, 2011 at 11:55 PM..
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
+1
#355
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

We should use the air force and navy bombs in a relentless attack of government
forces day and night.. It is time to finish these people off once and and for all.

Why should we finish them off, they never attacked us. Gadhafi was being a good boy and had been for quite a few years, I say leave them alone and may the best side win. Why fight so France and Italy can reclaim part of their old empires.
 
Johnny Utah
#356
The NATO lead operation is becoming one giant Cluster ****..
 
mentalfloss
No Party Affiliation
#357
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny UtahView Post

The NATO lead operation is becoming one giant Cluster ****..


Yup.

I wish we could see some sort of realistic computer simulation that set up two different scenarios.

1.) With NATO
2.) Without NATO

I'd be really inclined to know how different the results of this conflict would have been without our intervention.
 
TenPenny
#358
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Yup.

I wish we could see some sort of realistic computer simulation that set up two different scenarios.

1.) With NATO
2.) Without NATO

I'd be really inclined to know how different the results of this conflict would have been without our intervention.

With NATO
A cluster **** of typical proportions, lots of dead people, NATO blamed for everyone dead, no logical end in sight, and the ultimate result that the west will be blamed and hated by lots of Libyans.

Without NATO
A short ugly rebellion leading to the death of most of the rebels and lots of civilians, with a return to the status quo.
 
mentalfloss
No Party Affiliation
#359
You forgot the part where we lose out on the loot after the plunder - hence option#1 was taken.
 
TenPenny
#360
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

You forgot the part where we lose out on the loot after the plunder - hence option#1 was taken.

True, i didn't finish the simulation.
 

Similar Threads

8
Libyan Mass Murderer Goes Free.
by SirJosephPorter | Aug 20th, 2009
3
Pentegon's hands behind analysts!!!!
by dancing-loon | Apr 20th, 2008
no new posts