Israel...

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/03/wo...hp&oref=slogin

Israel’s Tactics Thwart Attacks, With Trade-Off

It is a classic military-political dilemma. The progress in stopping suicide bombers, the vast majority of whom cross into Israel from the West Bank, has brought enough quiet for Israel to resume peace talks with the Palestinian leadership there.
But the current calm is fragile, and to maintain it Israeli security officials say they must continue their nightly arrests and sometimes deadly raids in the heart of the West Bank — tactics at odds with a peace effort that envisions a separate Palestinian state, an eventual Israeli withdrawal from much of the West Bank and, in the meantime, a gradual transfer of authority to the Palestinian police.
That is a totally phony tactic!!! I think the military is so used to doing these nightly raids, they don't want to stop!

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Maybe Palestinian terrorists are an Arab diversionary tactic to keep Israel on her toes and breaking for cover on promised turf so she doesn't cross international borders to find a fight?

Woof!

EDIT: Okay ... the "legitimate" terrorists....

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Yes, just why would Israel pull that type of hoax?
Lets deal with a much bigger fish, who did the Palestinians elect as their 'valid representatives in a vote by the people who had the right to vote' and where are those same elected representatives at this very moment?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
What is the purported point of that hoax? Are we to believe there are no Palestinian Arab terrorists? It's been Jews pretending all along?

It's not about Jews is it? I believe it's about Israelis. Are we to believe there are no Israeli terrorists? I think the question is more correctly framed as which of the two main factions can afford the best and biggest and most sophisticated terrorist organ. It's all about the economics of such organizations really. I think if we examine the business fundementals we'll safely arrive at a sound conclusion about who has the better organ able to deliver a better product on time at the best price.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The successful upwardly mobile terrorist wears expensive suits and nice shoes has a driver and works in a bank or somewhere in the speculative financial market, the ruffians at the street level are not even in the main part of the game. You can easily do a village with a stroke of the pen or a phone call, why get dirty that's for the underclass who can be persuaded to engage even tanks with the right motivation.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The successful upwardly mobile terrorist wears expensive suits and nice shoes has a driver and works in a bank or somewhere in the speculative financial market, the ruffians at the street level are not even in the main part of the game. You can easily do a village with a stroke of the pen or a phone call, why get dirty that's for the underclass who can be persuaded to engage even tanks with the right motivation.
Maybe they should switch who the 'bad guys' are on the show '24' then.

Rather than hate the puppies,bunnys,hamsters that are tied up with string shouldn't you hate the ones who are tying them up in the 1st place?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That is just silly!

Did you miss the part that said suicide bombings had dropped from 59 in a year to ONE in a year?

Israel has the right to defend itself. Obviously, they are doing a good job.

Ever notice how often in the last 60 years that the 'defending' was actually taking place outside their own borders. It is not as serene over there as the article would have the reader believe.

Casualties

The Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs for the occupied Palestinian territory (OCHoPT) was established in late 2000 by the United Nations as a response to the deteriorating humanitarian situation in the West Bank and Gaza caused by military incursions and closures[110] (See also: Second Intifada). The office monitors the conflict and presents figures relating to both internal-violence and direct conflict clashes.
Casualty figures for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict from the OCHAoPt[111]
(numbers in brackets represent casualties under the age of 18) Year Deaths Injuries Palestinians Israelis Palestinians Israelis 2005 216 (52) 48 (6) 1260 (129) 484 (4) 2006 678 (127) 25 (2) 3194 (470) 377 (7) 2007 396 (43) 13 (0) 1843 (265) 322 (3) Total 1290 (222) 86 (8) 6297 (864) 1183 (14) All numbers refer to casualties of direct conflict between Israelis and Palestinians including in IDF military operations, artillery shelling, search and arrest campaigns, Barrier demonstrations, targeted killings, settler violence etc. The figures do not include events indirectly related to the conflict such as casualties from unexploded ordnance, etc. or events when the circumstances remain unclear or are in dispute. The figures include all reported casualties of all ages and both genders.[111]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli-Palestinian_conflict#Casualties

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
That is just silly!

Did you miss the part that said suicide bombings had dropped from 59 in a year to ONE in a year?

Have you ever been driven to that point of despondency where putting on the dymamite vest to take as many of the bas*ards out with you as you can seems like a justifiable action? Perhaps suicide bombings have dropped because some of the candidates are getting breaths of hope....

Woof!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I would agree that full faith on just one article is dangerous. Even if you had a dozen articles that were from both POV's the full truth of the matter could still be not totally known.

The old saying of 'who benefits' is not something to be forgotten in almost any story about acts of violence on the international stage. Conflict, in any area of the world, usually is a financial gain for just a very few people, as long as that is a factor those same few people will do everything they can to see that it keeps happening, even though the actual players may change.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
That is just silly!

But Colpy, Israel wants peace!!! So they should be happy the Palestinians are holding themselves back, because they also want peace.

It seems stupid to me that the Israelis say they have to keep up the nightly raids to make sure, the Palestinians keep quiet. They already have them on the ground and they said "uncle", but no, not enough... their faces have to be rubbed in the mud again and again!!

Let's do some role playing.... you are a Pal and I'm an Isra. You have made peace attempts numerous times with me, but I am afraid of you, I don't trust you, therefore I come every night with heavy armor, and I destroy your kids, your teenagers, your mother-law:roll:, your cat and dog, any chickens or livestock you may have. I also destroy your house and your neighbor's, too! I will keep this up indefinitely until I have devastated your habitat, perhaps even killed you and your family.
Do you now think you will love me and offer me your submission? Hell no, you wouldn't!!! So, why does Israel think the Palis will hold still until doomsday? Hate will increase, revenge feelings mount.

IF peace were really Israels aim, then they wouldn't continue these raids at night into the lives of the Palestinians. It is so typical of the Zionists to find the dumbest excuse to justify their crimes against humanity. Anyone to criticize them is right away labeled an anti-semitic, anti-Jew, anti-Israel. As I posted the other day about Jimmy carter... he gets dragged into the dirt by them.

Israel is very much like the US, both operate from an absolute power position. Instead of being kind and benevolent and lend a hand, they prefer to use their club and beat their opponents into submission. They cling to materialism as if their life depended on it.

(If I get thrown out for this post, so be it!!)