What do you drive?

Frappuccino Dibs

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2005
Wanted to bring this question back into the fray as Emma and I have just taken ownership of a nice brand spanky new RX8.

We also have a Laguna.

I expect all you Vancouverites have huge 4X4's to help with the school run :roll:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I'm a city person who doesn't use or need a car.. but I did have a VW Jetta TDI (diesel) a few years ago. I love vw's.

I have been thinking of an Audi S8.. nice and roomy. But I'm dreaming, I would only use it for cigarette runs to Poland.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I have an '82 Dodge pick-up. It doesn't get driven much. I also have an '80 GMC 3/4 ton Crew Cab. It doesn't get driven at all because the motor is gone.

Mrs. Rev has a 1990 ('91, '92? something like that) Oldsmobile.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
My wife has got an 2005 Chevy Cavalier ,And I just bought a 1978 3/4 ton chevy 4by 4 on propane of course .And yes Frap its has huge tires and a 6inch lift kit and after today a booming stereo .I need it to get my sled up into the mountains :wink: So stereo type me ok .Ya know that redneck swilling beer with the big truck :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats me except I have all my teeth

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
My trusty steed ...

[URL=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/4205/bike5cv.jpg[/img][/url]

Mrs H drives a Renault Clio. (Va va voom).

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
We have a 2000 Kia Rio RXV and a 2005 Saturn Ion. Surprisingly, the Saturn gets WAY better mileage than our Kia. And cost us about $2000 less. Bizarre!! But hey, it's a good family car for that family we're starting in January.... :)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
2004 hyndai accent.

My friend has one of those, excellent car. Why a 250 pound 6-1 guy chose a pink one is a bit of a mystery, but apart from the colour it's okay.

I like the Hyundai Tiburon. All they need to do is make it into a convertible and then I'll wait ten years and buy a used one.

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
Reverend Blair said:
2004 hyndai accent.

My friend has one of those, excellent car. Why a 250 pound 6-1 guy chose a pink one is a bit of a mystery, but apart from the colour it's okay.

I like the Hyundai Tiburon. All they need to do is make it into a convertible and then I'll wait ten years and buy a used one.

My husbands first car was a 1996 hyundai accent hatchback. He's 6'2" and about 240lbs. His car was that metallic teal green. Not as bad as pink, but still pretty darn girly. But it was a great little car. We sold it to his brother when we bought the Kia, and his brother loves it too!

We actually looked at getting another one (instead of the Saturn) but they were actually more money than the Saturn (and more than the Nissan, which surprised us), so we ended up with the Saturn.

OH, and hubby also has a 1986 Saab 900 sitting in the driveway. Needs a new transmission, so it might sit there for a while, but that's a FUN car!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
A 2002 Toyota Corrola, and a 92 Miata. Both have a pile of miles on them but still running perfectly. Knock wood and all that. :wink:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Before my Hyndai (which is a lovely silver colour) I drove a Mazda mx6. With the turbo feature. Great for passing cars. but caused some to think I wanted to race. and it was a bitch to keep on the road at high speed.

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
We got a truck and suv...the dodge durango was a good buy though....its great on long trips...much space and comfortable..got the power to pass too.......but not great on gas....

....I'm looking for a new vehicle in the next year or so.....and I really like loncoln....and have my eye on the new town car....looks pretty darn sharp......probably will only use it on Sunday's and in the summer...... park it otherwise.....

I have a friend who did that with his (mid 90s) Monte Carlo SS.... it's black and he kept the thing soo darn sharp, there's only like 20 000 clicks on it too.....that's where I got the idea for a new lincoln town car....

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
I've got a '79 Chevy factory Camper Special 3/4 T... I wouldn't quite call it Cherry, but it's in very nice shape. 26 years old, and I am the second owner! Retired guy at the Coast bought it new and only drove it in summer, to haul his Camper around. After a few years of working (after I got it) I retired, too - so, same thing.

Had the motor done 6 or 7 years ago; special cam, H/D timing chain, H/D oil pump*, big exhaust, a few other things.

My wife got a new Olds Alero in 2002. 2-Dr, with everything but leather - V-6, 4 wheel discs w/ABS, sport suspension, power everything, 180 watt 8 speaker CD, sun-roof, even a thingy that adjusts the stereo volume up and down, according to your speed (to compensate for raod noise,etc.)
I'm pretty sure there's a button somewhere that will scratch your privates for you, but I haven't found it yet. :wink:
Needless to say, she likes it - a lot.

*It's funny, as soon as I touch the accelerator off idle, the oil pressure gauge is PEGGED! LOL!

Kellen

Nominee Member
Sep 26, 2005
Calgary, Alberta
I don't believe in cars. They harm the environment and are a scourge to society. Instead, I constructed a sled made out of celery that can be pulled by old people. With any luck I'll get a patent, become a millionaire and save the environment all at the same time.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
MGB.... 77 and in rather good shape for her vintage. Looking to do some restoration on her.......a bit at a time.

red in color and as sweet ,sweet can be. :wink:

(shamefully biased :wink: