COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The majority of Americans get their health care insurance through their work.

40 plus million lost their jobs.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Free does not equate to functioning. I am sure those with insurance will get much better care in USA than anybody got in Canada (assuming they can find a bed).
CDA seems to be handling this pandemic rather effectively. Of course it varies province to province. But overall .......it is still much better than the US . Their health care system is not equal for all. If one has money and good insurance you are ok in the US........if not.....

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
CDA seems to be handling this pandemic rather effectively. Of course it varies province to province. But overall .......it is still much better than the US . Their health care system is not equal for all. If one has money and good insurance you are ok in the US........if not.....
What have we done that the U.S. didn’t ?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
What have we done that the U.S. didn’t ?

We have re-opened slower and when appropriate. We also have had less hissy fits about social distancing, masks and following protocols. Less mass demonstrations complaining about lockdown. All 3 levels of government are not fighting with each other causing conflicting messages. No COVID parties.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
We have re-opened slower and when appropriate. We also have had less hissy fits about social distancing, masks and following protocols. Less mass demonstrations complaining about lockdown. All 3 levels of government are not fighting with each other causing conflicting messages. No COVID parties.
Excellent summary. Well done.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
COVID-19 drug hydroxychloroquine works, according to new study
The anti-malaria drug that President Trump touted as a possible treatment for coronavirus, hydroxychloroquine, successfully lowered the death rate among hospitalized COVID-19 patients in the most recent study of the drug.

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...-hydroxychloroquine-works-according-new-study

So much winning.

Who is doing all the winning?

13% death rate isn't my idea of winning! Maybe someone considers it a win since you got sucked in! :)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I was at an old HBC sub-post and came across this. He made his own vaccines.
Cool
CLERK-IN-CHARGE:
ISAAC COWIE
Isaac Cowie was a Scotsman who had already worked as a clerk in a lawyer's office, served as a militiaman and attended two sessions of medical courses at Edinburgh University before entering the Hudson's Bay Company as an apprentice clerk at 18 years old.
In just a few short years, by the age of 21, he was promoted to Clerk-in-Charge at this outpost. Here, he kept detailed accounts of daily activities, kepta running tally of goods traded for the Hudson's Bay Company and delegated daily activities to those that worked at the post
Years later he wrote a book of his time in the fur trade called, The Company of Adventurers:
Narrative of Seven Years in the Service of the Hudson's A Bay Company during 18671874 that gives a glimpse into life in the west at a time when the fur trade was giving way to settlement.
One of the most far-reaching contributions Cowie made to the Qu'Appelle area was vaccinating the community against small pox.
As I had assisted my father and brother in vaccinating hundreds of children at home, I at once asked Mr. Breland to allow me to take the lymph from his grandchild's arm (who was healthy and had been vaccinated in England prior to arrival at Fort Qu'Appelle) ... on bits of window glass, enough vaccine to protect everyone requiring it in the fort, from whom the supply was increased sufficiently to vaccinate all the people about the lakes and the Indians visiting them that fall.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Who is doing all the winning?
13% death rate isn't my idea of winning! Maybe someone considers it a win since you got sucked in! :)
Cutting the death rate in half is a win in any actuarial book.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
And we don't have the option of moving ;-)
We are stuck with them for neighbors.

I very much doubt we ca go on as in the past. I know at the moment driving around Vancouver Island with an American license plate on your vehicle is not recommended. Even Alberta plates are getting a hard time from the public.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So really nothing .