COVID-19 'Pandemic'

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Re: COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

We've been in 'flood stage' for most of June and new alerts go out daily. Very few properties on the lakes have any beach to speak of, many can't put their docks out due to high water and the creeks are still running high in many areas.

Issued at 05:03 Thursday 02 July 2020

Moist easterly flow associated with a deep Alberta low will continue to stream moisture across the Rocky Mountains and into B.C. today.

Most of these regions have already received significant amounts of rain over the past 24 hours, ranging from 15 to 30 mm, with higher amounts over the mountains, locally up to 30-50 mm.

As the main band of organized rainfall slides further North, rain will end rapidly this morning across the Cariboo but persist along an axis extending from Williston to Prince George to Blue River. However, the unstable airmass over regions to the south will favour the development of showers and thunderstorms later in the day. Some heavier showers and thunderstorms will have the potential of adding 10-15 mm locally over short periods well into this evening.

Higher rainfall amounts are expected over the mountains, especially over the Williston, McGregor, and Cariboo regions where storm totals will reach 40 to 60 mm.-

Although the rainfall amounts may not be exceptionally heavy, the significance of this event is due to the potential for rising rivers levels. There is significant concern for high flows in the Quesnel River (Cariboo Mountains), the North Thompson (Blue River/Clearwater region), and South Thompson (Shuswap).

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/alerts/high-alert/british-columbia/canim-lake-5

And so it goes.

The 44 mm. predicted for the North Okanagan amounted to about 4 mm. or less.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I think he gets stats, facts from social media and Fox news. (and other extreme right wing sites)
I think Ocean Breeze gets her stats from the Washington Post and other far left sites . Same shit different pile .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
My goodness. You have a lot of family in the "front lines". Hope they are and continue to be healthy!! Stressful times indeed.
Have YOU had it???
Some families have a tradition of going into education mine healthcare. They are all in different aspects. My sister who works at a palliative facility at U of T San Antonio (Go Longhorns!) is neck deep and running ragged.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Washington Post is actually pretty reputable, with a slight leftist slant. I read it for facts though, not political opinions.
There you go , Fox News is also a good source of facts if you disregard the political opinion. Same shit different pile .

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
New cases of covid 19 rising in 40 states.

It's out of control now and we live right next door to them.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
FOX news is garbage. Fear mongering bullshit that has hurt North America.
There you go . The Washington Post is bullshit whose fear monger in b.s. hurts America . Same shit different pile.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Washington Post is actually pretty reputable, with a slight leftist slant. I read it for facts though, not political opinions.
Extreme left rag. Lost track of the number of times they were forced to print retractions about lies they made up about Trump.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Surgeon General is pointing out that deaths lag outbeaks by two plus weeks. With 50K new cases per day the death toll is going to be high.

It reminds me of the shooting down of the plane in Iraq which everybody knew happened but which the MSM did not even speculate on for days. There is a lot of self-censorship going on in order to prevent wide spread panic.

It bad enough when a country with a functioning health care system has to handle covid. What is happening in America is what happens when there is no functioning health care system in place.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It bad enough when a country with a functioning health care system has to handle covid. What is happening in America is what happens when there is no functioning health care system in place.

Free does not equate to functioning. I am sure those with insurance will get much better care in USA than anybody got in Canada (assuming they can find a bed).