This summer may see first ice-free North Pole

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
This is what it has come to. Two members fighting about history.

The humanity.

What do you think you know about history? Do you read look examine the subject of human history? Shirley you must have some questions. History is very much worth the fight, today it,s become weaponized because it is a very great and usefull tool to those who can weave.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
What do you think you know about history? Do you read look examine the subject of human history? Shirley you must have some questions. History is very much worth the fight, today it,s become weaponized because it is a very great and usefull tool to those who can weave.

I'm only going to write this once. Don't call me Shirley.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Your ignorance of history shines like a new moon.

Hint: The 1600s were indeed a time of exploration including unsuccessful attempts at finding a Northwest Passage. That plus geophysical evidence shows the ice coverage can vary dramatically from year to year.

I am a product of limeyland post graduate education which of course is irrelevant to this discussion.

Now go play in your sandbox,fool.

Oh, you're another arrogant Kipper. Say no more.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
We will comply, after a brief meeting with my advisors bending was suggested. I am of course saddened to have referred to you in the remote past as retarded canadian soldier, I was wrong then, but I was so much younger, if you remember.

Heck, darkbeaver, you're the sanest crazy person I've ever met.

Seriously, the years make us grow.

Now... Get the hell out of here before I give you a thumbs down.:smile:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sadly, we shall never have the opportunity to analyze any ice cores from the north pole.... 2013 erased that potential from ever happening

I went on the Disney Arctic Adventure Cruise in 2014 aboard The Red Nosed Reindeer.

It was heart breaking. Polar bear carcases for as far as the eye could see.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Al Gore said 10 years ago that the Arctic would be ice-free in 2013.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Al Gore said 10 years ago that the Arctic would be ice-free in 2013.
Al Gore was wrong, ergo, the planet is NOT warming up, the glaciers are advancing, it's getting colder and colder and anything to the contrary is Prog propaganda ... all that 'cause Al Gore missed it by a few decades.

Did I leave anything out?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Al Gore was wrong, ergo, the planet is NOT warming up, the glaciers are advancing, it's getting colder and colder and anything to the contrary is Prog propaganda ... all that 'cause Al Gore missed it by a few decades.

Did I leave anything out?

The part of the planet where I live is very little if any warmer than it was 55 years ago. Xmas 1962 was the first Xmas in recorded history that was "Green" in Revelstoke and there hasn't been any since.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The part of the planet where I live is very little if any warmer than it was 55 years ago. Xmas 1962 was the first Xmas in recorded history that was "Green" in Revelstoke and there hasn't been any since.
Snow in the winter is becoming pretty uncommon around here.