Canada one step closer to marijuana legalization

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Legalizing weed was a coup to get elected, and it worked. The province leaders came out quickly (many have not grown up with weed)

I find it hard to believe that anyone in the age bracket of a provincial leader did not grow up with weed. (I'm not saying smoked it, I'm saying was exposed to it/had friends who did it).

How old are these leaders, 95?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Why do you think laws had to be enacted to hide the packs?

Because the libtards like you decided they are the moral compass for the world and intelligent responsible adults need to be protected from ourselves. And so they could have the feels and kumbya moments :roll:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Legalizing weed was a coup to get elected, and it worked.

It worked alright.........................to get him elected. Unfortunately our illustrious P.M. didn't think through all the ramifications.....................probably too busy smiling for his picture. :) :)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So you admit it has narcotic properties. So why would you want to have it sold at the checkout along with the bubble gum?

Hemp fibres for clothing, rope, etc. should be legal of course. I'm talking about human consumption of the product as a drug, not about its use in the manufacturing process.

Hemp (marijuana) does not have narcotic properties.That was a lie they used to make it illegal. Otherwise Nick is basically correct.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Cannabis will always be a powerful narcotic with severe mental and antisocial effects on individuals who use it habitually.

Last edited:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
And. . .?

and only a government of massive recklessness, run by a fool.. would promote a narcotic that imposes depression, paranoia, lethargy, isolation, neurosis, disengagement from social, familial, educational and vocational pursuits, mood and anxiety psychiatric disorders.. ultimately into fantasy ridden psychosis (schizophrenia) onto its users.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Canabis will always be a powerful narcotic with severe mental and antisocial effects on individuals who use it habitually.
Nice to see someone is talking some sense. No one has pointed out to me what the benefits of recreational use are! We already have far too many f**ked members in our society. We have a lot staggering problems already. A large percentage of our children are going to school w/o breakfast............let's address some real problems before appeasing the pot heads!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Nice to see someone is talking some sense. No one has pointed out to me what the benefits of recreational use are! We already have far too many f**ked members in our society. We have a lot staggering problems already. A large percentage of our children are going to school w/o breakfast............let's address some real problems before appeasing the pot heads!
Coldstream is wrong. Pot is not a narcotic, it is medicine, and has been used as such for thousands of years. Recreational use only became popular when it was prohibited. Alcohol is legal and the most deadly drug available.
Judging by the number of people who celebrate 4:20 around the globe, pot heads are not anti-social, paranoid or lethargic. Some might be but the vast majority function quite well. Just because you met a few who don't doesn't mean all don't. Coldstream may have experienced that in himself, but judging all by your own experience is stupid.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I would imagine there might be lots. I think a bigger cross section of the population uses booze than pot for starters.
Ya got pothead stoners and slobbering sots. I guess I'd rather be around a half asleep stoner than an obnoxious drunkerd.

and only a government of massive recklessness, run by a fool.. would promote a narcotic that imposes depression, paranoia, lethargy, isolation, neurosis, disengagement from social, familial, educational and vocational pursuits.. ultimately into fantasy ridden psychosis onto its users.
Get off the dope Coldstream.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think the bottom line to this discussion is, if there are no recognized benefits to the sh*t, we don't really want it! And the excuse that booze is worse just won't fly. Let's not try to cure cancer while heart disease is still running rampant! :)

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
It was outlawed at the behest of the Hearst and DuPont empires. You know how corporations hate competition, especially competition that will put them out of business. Good thing they had so much influence over government or neither family would be billionaires today.

How Marijuana Became Illegal

I think the bottom line to this discussion is, if there are no recognized benefits to the sh*t, we don't really want it! And the excuse that booze is worse just won't fly. Let's not try to cure cancer while heart disease is still running rampant! :)

You mean YOU don't want it. The vast majority of Canadians do want it legalized or decriminalized and that percentage grows every day as old f^ckers like you die off.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
You mean YOU don't want it. The vast majority of Canadians do want it legalized or decriminalized and that percentage grows every day as old f^ckers like you die off.

A little known symptom of marijuana is its tendency to cause a propensity for violent, irrational outbursts amongst those who have developed a chronic dependency for the narcotic... associated with severe mood and anxiety disorders. It has been implicated in cases of domestic abuse, and murder.

For a 'love drug' its surprising how angry and unhappy it makes its users. It's much more about Altamont than Woodstock.

Last edited: