Can con a BC forum?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I don't dirt you or anyone from Alberta for that matter. If you opened your eyes once in a while, you might realize the world isn't against you. Not to mention I was born and raised my younger years in the west.

Post photos from wherever, I actually like the stuff you post as I can see areas that I don't see much any more, just leave the asshole commentary out of it.

Ya,I only responded to your post because of your small attempt to dirt me,guess you missed that.

The world isnt against me and if it was I wouldn't give a **** anyways.
Thats your department, worrying about what peeps think about you,not mine,I could give no less then 2 ****s of what you and anyone else on this forum thinks of me.

Your young,just a kid in my eyes.

35 years old and you seen it all.
Lol!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Ya,I only responded to your post because of your small attempt to dirt me,guess you missed that.

The world isnt against me and if it was I wouldn't give a **** anyways.
Thats your department, worrying about what peeps think about you,not mine,I could give no less then 2 ****s of what you and anyone else on this forum thinks of me.

Your young,just a kid in my eyes.

35 years old and you seen it all.
Lol!

You're a facking fool, my 35 years dwarfs your pathetic existence.

Ya, you're so bad dude, you're a jail house goof.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
You're a facking fool, my 35 years dwarfs your pathetic existence.

Ya, you're so bad dude, you're a jail house goof.

Ya,I'm used to punks getting viral when I point out to them how immature they are.

Carry on,let me know when you actually go and experience this country outside of Ontario.

You have probably never ever left your hometown.

Click my pics,you will see where I have been.

Click your pics...oh,you dont have any. lol!

Maybe when you have experienced what I have you can give me advice,right now....your just a kid in my eyes.

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I belong to the Flat Earth Society of Vancouver Island .. supposedly an Island.

Chev

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2009
Alberta
There's the crux of this problem in a nutshell!

The parliament is housed in Ottawa so busting on a province has been around a lot longer than Kakato's reference to his impressions of Ontario hating on the west bullcrap!

Ontario has been on the receiving end of critiscm and outright bile from the west for as long as I've been alive due to those stupid buildings being located within our boundaries.

The population density of central Canada and the resultant location of it's seat of parliament has led everyone on the "outkirts" to have a hatred for all things central and thusly Ontario, dating back to pre-confederation with any decision being made that favoured the majority and by happenstance NOT being favourable to the minority, virtually pissing off everyone outside of Ontario.

Move the damn parliament buidlings out there somewhere, please, then you can sit there and take crap from the ROC like we've had to from retarded A-holes like Loughheed's "let the eastern bastards freeeze in the dark".

All things issuing from Ottawa will ultimately piss off someone in Canada and I would love to have the seat of paliament located in your backyard any day of the week.

I lived for some time, while in the navy, on the west coast being stationed in Esquimalt for my ERA training for 4 years back in the early 60's while I was considered an east coast draft (anyone east of Winni/Man.) from Ontario. The only Tech school the navy had for the engineering trades was in HMCS Naden.

I hunted all through those beautiful interior B.C. mountains and met some wonderful people who are still my friends today. So I am very familiar with the western ethics and personalities.

There is nothing characteristicly "bad, or nasty" about any regional population as a whole; individuals on the other hand ~ ~ oh yeah!

You can find an A-hole under any rock on Canadian soil, wherever it may have been deposited by the ice age.

WHOA!!

Now I get it! I responded here to what I simply put down to an over-the-top post by Kakato!

I had not read the other thread "Weekend Mayhem" yet.

Now I'm left wishing I HADN'T!

Jeezus guys; what's wrong with you?

Kakato: there are those of us in Ontario who will readily express sorrow over the loss of anyone to an alchohol related accident. I'll also admit to not being judgemental to the individuals involved because I drank and drove myself when younger. Hell; putting the hood ornament on the white line and closing one eye was standard modus-operendi for geting home after a saturday dance.

I am well aware of the propensity for young people to engage in "stupid" behaviour among their peers. It happens and it's always tragic when it involves an accident. Families and friends are forever changed by it - full stop. No more needs saying.

You went off on a couple of posters who may be Ontarians and threw us all into the blender with some of your blanket casting us all as less then caring.

The others involved in that to-and-fro post nonsense on that thread should consider how you came off looking a little less mature than the two kiddies I'm currently watching fighting over a rubber duckie in a wading pool right now.

C'mon guys lighten up on each other.

Here's a thought: were you not to know each other but actually meet by happenstance; it's my bet you'd all be sharing tales over brewski's within a hearbeat.

BruSan says “Move the damn parliament buildings outthere somewhere, please, then you can sit there and take crap from the ROC likewe've had to from retarded A-holes like Loughheed's "let the easternbastards freeze in the dark".”
Doesn’t appear itwas Lougheed who said that.
Lougheed’s “battleswith former prime minister Pierre Trudeau over Alberta's oil revenues and the NationalEnergy Program were legendary, sparking the famous bumper sticker reading:"Let the Eastern bastards freeze in the dark."
Calgary mayor (at the time) Ralph Klein said:“Let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark.”
Whoever came up withthe idea for the bumper sticker… could have been anyone.

But, and here is a question I've put out before, how does one divorce the person from the post when it is the attitude that gets carried from post to post and thread to thread?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, I'd really like to see this issue discussed more amongst all members. Because we all know the type of thing I'm talking about, we all make quiet references to it, but we don't discuss it openly. What ends up happening is the majority leave it up to one or two to fight that battle and then we simply ignore the consequences of those actions, which isn't exactly fair.

I'm not pinpointing you or anyone else specifically here (nor am I necessarily letting myself off the hook either), but this is a general observation I've made over time.

“…..a lot ofdissention is the result of people putting down the author instead of theopinion or idea……

But, and here is a question I've put outbefore, how does one divorce the person from the post when it is the attitudethat gets carried from post to post and thread to thread?”

“ ……. but this is a general observation I've madeover time.”

Yes, SLM, Iagree that too often posters put down the author instead of the opinion. I’ve had that done to me occasionally inthe past, as well. When I read the postsin whatever thread, I don’t even look at who the poster is, it doesn’t matterto me. I read comments and opinions.. Sometimes I can guess who the posteris just by the way ‘he’ talks. And if I choose to comment or ask a question, Ido. I may go back to a post later on to see who wrote it or if it’s a particularly‘questionable’ (for lack of a better word) comment, I may look right away tosee who wrote it.

And yes, I've been called a troll and also been called stupid (and etc...) over the years. Just because I ask a question or make a comment, or whatever....

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
""""And yes, I've been called a troll and also been called stupid (and etc...) over the years. Just because I ask a question or make a comment, or whatever...."""

NO, it's probably because you are a troll and are stupid.

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
BruSan says “Move the damn parliament buildings outthere somewhere, please, then you can sit there and take crap from the ROC likewe've had to from retarded A-holes like Loughheed's "let the easternbastards freeze in the dark".”
Lougheed’s “battleswith former prime minister Pierre Trudeau over Alberta's oil revenues and the NationalEnergy Program were legendary, sparking the famous bumper sticker reading:"Let the Eastern bastards freeze in the dark."
Calgary mayor (at the time) Ralph Klein said:“Let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark.”

Well; just goes to show you're never too old to learn something. I had always thought it was Peter Lougheed who coined that phrase but not very surprised to learn it was Ralphy either. Birds of a feather and all that.

Thank you for the correct information.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Well; just goes to show you're never too old to learn something. I had always thought it was Peter Lougheed who coined that phrase but not very surprised to learn it was Ralphy either. Birds of a feather and all that.

Thank you for the correct information.

I think much of the alleged animosity of the west toward the east can be attributed to Pierre Trudeau. A lot of people can accomplish a lot with their little finger, Pierre managed it with his middle finger. :smile:

WJW

Nominee Member
Jul 6, 2012
About 35 years ago, I visited Vancouver Island, British Columbia. I loved it; and I’m even thinking about relocating there in my old age. Perhaps I can buy a permanent residence in the Empress Hotel in Victoria - that would suit me perfectly.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
About 35 years ago, I visited Vancouver Island, British Columbia. I loved it; and I’m even thinking about relocating there in my old age. Perhaps I can buy a permanent residence in the Empress Hotel in Victoria - that would suit me perfectly.

Anything is possible if you have the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm from Alberta. In all my time on this forum NEVER have I heard Andem say it's a Western forum. That would make no sense.

But, I have seen a lot of east/west animosity since the arrival of our resident troll on that front, Durry. He can't open his mouth without sparking it off. But, he doesn't seem to fit your prejudice kakato.... he's from Alberta.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
This is the best country in the world to live in,maybe a few here should go try living out of country for a few weeks.

Yes, and cheddar is the best cheese in the world... until you actually go out and try some other cheeses. A statement like that is pure prejudice--literally pre-judged--or have you lived in every other country on Earth? A few weeks will not even cut it.

Even in Canada, there is a huge difference in lifestyle and culture from one side to the other. So you have to qualify where in Canada you are talking about; I know some pretty seedy parts and some pretty decadent parts.

But depending on taste and priorities, another country might be a much better fit for any given person. For me, the lack of acceptance of nudity in general in Canada is reason enough to prefer most of Europe. Add the culture towards alcohol, the variety and quality of food, the privacy protections, general views on what society is, the level and attainability of education and the majority of European countries become increasingly favorable for me.

Here in the Netherlands, the biking culture just makes my daily life even better.

There are things that Canada does better than any other country in the world, but it certainly doesn't do everything better.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Yes, and cheddar is the best cheese in the world... until you actually go out and try some other cheeses.

Lived in Germany for 6 years- ( In the Military ) - I miss the cheeses, the food, the lifestyle- and the way people conduct themselves in public.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Is this where we post our residential resumes and tales of walking uphill to school?

London, Ontario
CFB Centrallia, Ontario
CFB Clinton, Ontario
Burks Falls, Ontario
Portage la Prairie, Manitoba
CFB Borden, Ontario
CFB Uplands, Ontario
CFB Southport, Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Edmonton, Alberta
Whitehorse, Yukon
Cranbrook, B.C.
Burnaby, B.C.
Vancouver, B.C.
North Bay, Ontario
Unity, Saskatchewan
North Battleford, Saskatchewan
North Bay, Ontario
Bowmanville, Ontario
Toronto, Ontario

Windchills were much worse when I was a kid trudging shoeless uphill. Miles were measured as longer too I think. In the summer we dealt with locusts, blackflies, badgers and monsters. It was a scary friggin' walk to the ol' school house lemme tell you.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Lived in Germany for 6 years- ( In the Military ) - I miss the cheeses, the food, the lifestyle- and the way people conduct themselves in public.

The thing I really miss about Canada is the nature. I wouldn't even know where to start looking for wild mushrooms around here. I keep meaning to go to the Natural History museum to get a local field guide. Maybe that will point me in the right direction.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Is this where we post our residential resumes and tales of walking uphill to school?

London, Ontario
CFB Centrallia, Ontario
CFB Clinton, Ontario
Burks Falls, Ontario
Portage la Prairie, Manitoba
CFB Borden, Ontario
CFB Uplands, Ontario
CFB Southport, Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Edmonton, Alberta
Whitehorse, Yukon
Cranbrook, B.C.
Burnaby, B.C.
Vancouver, B.C.
North Bay, Ontario
Unity, Saskatchewan
North Battleford, Saskatchewan
North Bay, Ontario
Bowmanville, Ontario
Toronto, Ontario

Windchills were much worse when I was a kid trudging shoeless uphill. Miles were measured as longer too I think. In the summer we dealt with locusts, blackflies, badgers and monsters. It was a scary friggin' walk to the ol' school house lemme tell you.

For myself it was uphill both ways- had to use a different route on the way home.
Also you left out one school- The School of Hard Knocks.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
i'm from alberta. In all my time on this forum never have i heard andem say it's a western forum. That would make no sense.

But, i have seen a lot of east/west animosity since the arrival of our resident troll on that front, durry. He can't open his mouth without sparking it off. But, he doesn't seem to fit your prejudice kakato.... He's from alberta.
+1000

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Funny I have someone neg repping every single one of my posts after they whined and cried about me abusing the rep system.

Too funny! Maybe too many birthday drinks eh?

I havent neg repped anyone tonight,the troll is out and about,What can I say?

Too funny.