Jann Arden kicked off Via Rail train for boarding with dog

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Low and way out of line.

Family is off limits.

I've never reported a post until just now.

My apologizes..

Look sorry but I was tired of this guy referring to women as dogs and bitches..

My point being if it's o.k. for him to make general reference to women as dogs and bitches then I guess the same goes for his wife.. NO??

Yes, that may be an excessive reply, but so is his reference to women as dogs and bitches.. why don't you ask women members on this forum before you judge me..

I find it offensive.. and I'm a guy..

I sorry, but this kind of attitude is what I had to experience when I worked with women who where beaten.. same attitude from the guys that beat them..

Su Casa ~ Ending Domestic Violence - Home Page

I would have to say, I should have handled it another way.. it was wrong of me to drag his family into. But referring to women as dogs, bitches, whoores, Sluuts whatever.. should be added to the rules as NOT acceptable.

It's kind of funny how when Rush Limbaugh called a girl a sluut everyone on this forum was offended.. :roll:

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
My apologizes..

My point being if it's o.k. for him to make general reference to women as dogs and bitches then I guess the same goes for his wife.. NO??

Yes, that may be an excessive reply, but so is his reference to women as dogs and bitches.. why don't you ask women members on this forum before you judge me..

I sorry, but this kind of attitude is what I had to experience when I worked with women who where beaten.. same attitude from the guys that beat them..

I would have to say, I should have handled it another way.. it was wrong of me to drag his family into. But referring to women as dogs, bitches, whoores, Sluuts whatever.. should be added to the rules as NOT acceptable.

It's kind of funny how when Rush Limbaugh called a girl a sluut everyone on this forum was offended.. :roll:

I'm female and I wasn't offended, but I've learned that to read here means you better brace yourself for some remarks that are way out there in terms of shock value. Sometimes it's disgusting, but usually it's so disgusting it's actually funny.

There was some guy a few weeks ago discussing some women he picked up when he was three sheets to the wind. It was really disgusting, but it was also really funny once you figured out what the guy had gotten himself into. Women like that often think they're in love after the one night stand ... he's probably still being stalked.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
My apologizes..

No because two wrongs don't make a right.

I find it ludicrous. And I did read through the thread and I rolled my eyes at it. But offended, not so much. There are things to get riled over and things not to get riled over, in my opinion.

Now this is something to get riled up over if you ask me. Had anyone posted something suggesting they supported this type of behaviour I would have ripped them a new one.

I'd say leave it alone and call the s.o.b.'s out when it's warranted. Just don't bring family into it. ;)

I wasn't 'offended'. Limbaugh is a crass tool and isn't worthy of the effort. Laughing and mocking is the preferred way to go for me.

Start a thread on it if you'd like, generally speaking about the topic of course. I'll say my piece. As far as I'm concerned this matter here is resolved.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
So it's all settled then. The woman that made a national spectacle of herself after trying to avoid paying travel costs for her dog means that there is no serious news to be concerned about in Canada at this time.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm female and I wasn't offended, but I've learned that to read here means you better brace yourself for some remarks that are way out there in terms of shock value. Sometimes it's disgusting, but usually it's so disgusting it's actually funny.

There was some guy a few weeks ago discussing some women he picked up when he was three sheets to the wind. It was really disgusting, but it was also really funny once you figured out what the guy had gotten himself into. Women like that often think they're in love after the one night stand ... he's probably still being stalked.

It's OK Ariadne, this guy obviously doesn't understand humour or when a person is joking. The woman who I had absolutely no opinion of made a public spectacle of her own stupidity at which point she became a "public figure". I injected what I thought was humour, HE injected the word "bitch", not me, anyway best just to ignore him completely. :smile:

Why not? All pussy is good, just some better than others.

Hit-her-in-the-sh!tter-like-tex-ritter-did-her

So who is denigrating women? Hypocrite!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
My apologizes..

No need to apologize to me (if that is the reason for the quoted post).

I don't pay much attention to what CC'ers, netizens, yoots or even 12 year old 4chan heros post on the web these days nor do I care very much either. I visit some of the darkest and ugliest websites ever created and really, there is nothing much that can 'offend' me.

But it's a fairly established principle (to which most of us subscribe) that family members are off limits when it comes to flinging our manly poo about.

Many of us have seen how badly that turns out.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
That's good news, isn't it?

Yes. Thank goodness fat women get good sex from internet observers.

It's OK Ariadne, this guy obviously doesn't understand humour or when a person is joking. The woman who I had absolutely no opinion of made a public spectacle of her own stupidity at which point she became a "public figure". I injected what I thought was humour, HE injected the word "bitch", not me, anyway best just to ignore him completely. :smile:

The woman is nothing but a spectacle of her own choosing. She decided to tell the nation that she didn't feel like paying for a ticket for her dog on the train because she and her assistant suddenly forgot that extra arrangements had to be made for the dog, even though she travels with her dog 250/365 days/year. That's a little hard to believe.

After learning that she refused to put her animal in baggage after being caught traveling with an animal in the passenger compartment, that she got off the train and raised a national stink, I'm inclined to believe that she knew all along that she couldn't have her dog in coach but thought she was "special" enough to get away with it.

The fact that she got off the train in Oshawa is her problem. She could have stayed on the train if she had paid for travel for her animal.

Another Prima Donna? Jan Aarden? I don't think so ... not even if she puts a red bow on her bare buttt for an unheard of magazine.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

I don't pay much attention to what CC'ers, netizens, yoots or even 12 year old 4chan heros post on the web these days nor do I care very much either. I visit some of the darkest and ugliest websites ever created and really, there is nothing much that can 'offend' me.

But it's a fairly established principle (to which most of us subscribe) that family members are off limits when it comes to flinging our manly poo about.

Really? This is about the darkest web site I visit.. any worse I would pull my hair out.. or what's left.

You know ... "what do you call a line of rabbits running backward??" a receding hairline :lol:

Hey at least I can laugh at myself and admit when I'm an ass.. life's to short as it is..

Hardly-she's queer as a $3 bill.

That's it I'm going to jump off the CN tower.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006

I've read that completely desensitized men are unable to have an erection. You sound like you're completely desensitized. Is that true? Actually, I don't have to ask.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yes. Thank goodness fat women get good sex from internet observers.

Speaking of denigrating women....

I've read that completely desensitized men are unable to have an erection. You sound like you're completely desensitized. Is that true? Actually, I don't have to ask.

Well at least you're not gender biased when it comes to denigrating.

Hardly-she's queer as a $3 bill.

And we'll just toss out something for the homosexual community.

Man, Jann Arden really does bring out the worst in people huh.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Really? This is about the darkest web site I visit.. any worse I would pull my hair out.. or what's left.

You know ... "what do you call a line of rabbits running backward??" a receding hairline :lol:

Hey at least I can laugh at myself and admit when I'm an ass.. life's to short as it is..

That's it I'm going to jump off the CN tower.

You can sit next to me if you're like. :lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Naw ... I think a lot of that comes from encounters with dickless Tracys. The guy member gets upset that it actually could be a homosexual encounter.

Is there something wrong with how Ms Arden is put together?

Desensitized? Explain it, oh experienced one....

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
OK I'm bored so I'll bite on this...

I'm not about call Jann Arden a liar in this without proof. Her version sounds reasonable to me: I have been in a position of traveling in an unfamiliar place/unfamiliar mode and just went along with the crowd/improvised as I went, which is what her account reminds me of and I have dealt with officious idiots, especially working for the federal gov't and quasi Crown corps before, all too often. I haven't seen any corroboration of outbursts/tantrums, and if sarcastic retorts fit that bill, then a lot of us are guilty a lot more often than is reported.

How this all applies to Ms Arden's body/sexuality or that of anyone else is beyond me, unless there was a lot more happening on that train then I have read.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
OK I'm bored so I'll bite on this...

I'm not about call Jann Arden a liar in this without proof. Her version sounds reasonable to me: I have been in a position of traveling in an unfamiliar place/unfamiliar mode and just went along with the crowd/improvised as I went, which is what her account reminds me of and I have dealt with officious idiots, especially working for the federal gov't and quasi Crown corps before, all too often. I haven't seen any corroboration of outbursts/tantrums, and if sarcastic retorts fit that bill, then a lot of us are guilty a lot more often than is reported.

How this all applies to Ms Arden's body/sexuality or that of anyone else is beyond me, unless there was a lot more happening on that train then I have read.

We've probably all been subjected to poor treatment at sometime in our lives, but we didn't put it on National news. Ms. Arden has to choice to write a discreet letter to the company or file a complaint in the "complaint box". As for Ms. Arden's body/sexuality you might check with Boomer. :lol:

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
We've probably all been subjected to poor treatment at sometime in our lives, but we didn't put it on National news. Ms. Arden has to choice to write a discreet letter to the company or file a complaint in the "complaint box". As for Ms. Arden's body/sexuality you might check with Boomer. :lol:

She didn't "put on the National News", she put it on Twitter, which is a far different deal: its like you emailing or telling some friends on the phone, about a s***ty experience. She is a celeb, she has fans, this is what celebs do. I'm not a fan of a lot of Twitter users because they often use it in anger, and there is no edit after the fact, but its how celebs and fans interact in the Social Media Age. I'd bet she is probably surprised by the attention this garnered (but I doubt she is displeased).

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
She didn't "put on the National News", she put it on Twitter, which is a far different deal: its like you emailing or telling some friends on the phone, about a s***ty experience. She is a celeb, she has fans, this is what celebs do. I'm not a fan of a lot of Twitter users because they often use it in anger, and there is no edit after the fact, but its how celebs and fans interact in the Social Media Age. I'd bet she is probably surprised by the attention this garnered (but I doubt she is displeased).

You're right- she's a "big girl" who can (and does) take care of herself! :smile:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
It's publicity - and her accountants don't have to dole out a dime for it....

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

Anything one puts on twitter isn't any different than flying it behind a plane, written on a banner, around the country.

Its telling everyone.