Jann Arden kicked off Via Rail train for boarding with dog

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
What a shame! Rule enforcers having the temerity to go against the wishes of a Diva. I mean, a real live Diva, give yer heads a shake! Oh and btw rule makers, I could be wrong but IRC she may be part of a minority as well, now you may have really done it.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I would imagine there would be many many people who would love to take their dog on a long train ride with
them, BUT I can see the other side of it.

Many people are very irresponsible with their pets, don't give a damn about where they 'do what', then
just wipe it up, the pets have to pee and poop, should they build pet bathrooms or?, on the train.

Pets sleep somewhere, all over the chairs and beds of train cabins, then the clean up after is much
more than usual, the dog smell that would be left in cabins or on seats.
I always have had a dog, sometimes 2 or 3 dogs, but I don't expect via rail to put up with our dog
residue left on the train.

Whatever rules there would be about what you are or are not allowed to do with your
dog on the train, would be ignored by many pet owners.

People who are allergic to animals have to be considered.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Good God someone could not travel with their pet dog? What is the world coming to?
Can you imagine if we all brought our dogs, cats, snakes and chickens when we went
on vacation or business? The railroad has a policy and I would think it applies to all of
us. I suppose it comes down the the fact that we are all equal except that some are
more equal than others.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Son of a bitch. The rich and famous DO have to follow the same rules as the rest of us. Kind of takes all the fun out of being someone.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Arden is a nauseating character-it's difficult to imagine someone more full of themself.

That's easy..... Rosie O'donnell

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I doubt that Jann Arden would be classed as 'rich'.

If VIA has rules against dogs, then it's fair, I would hope they enforce the rules for everyone.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Keep your pets at home.

A couple weeks back the Mrs and I were browsing at a local high end furniture store. A woman came in with her dog, almost immediately the dog lifted it's leg and pissed all over a $3200 suede sofa.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Jann Arden kicked off Via Rail train for boarding with dog

OTTAWA — Juno-award winning singer Jann Arden has unleashed a furious Twitter tirade against Via Rail after she was kicked off a train for travelling with her pint-sized dog Midi.

WHY is this sh*t news?

Keep your pets at home.

A couple weeks back the Mrs and I were browsing at a local high end furniture store. A woman came in with her dog, almost immediately the dog lifted it's leg and pissed all over a $3200 suede sofa.

I hope she just "bought herself" a $3200 sofa! :smile:

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
It's really annoying to see a musician enjoy themselves and not take themselves seriously.

I think she should be shot.

I think she takes herself quite seriously. She was all over the 6 o'clock news last night whining because she has to follow the VIARail rules just like everyone else.