Jann Arden kicked off Via Rail train for boarding with dog

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
OK I'm bored so I'll bite on this...

I'm not about call Jann Arden a liar in this without proof. Her version sounds reasonable to me: I have been in a position of traveling in an unfamiliar place/unfamiliar mode and just went along with the crowd/improvised as I went, which is what her account reminds me of and I have dealt with officious idiots, especially working for the federal gov't and quasi Crown corps before, all too often. I haven't seen any corroboration of outbursts/tantrums, and if sarcastic retorts fit that bill, then a lot of us are guilty a lot more often than is reported.

How this all applies to Ms Arden's body/sexuality or that of anyone else is beyond me, unless there was a lot more happening on that train then I have read.

She travels 250 days per year with her dog and always makes special travel and hotel arrangements for her dog. It seems that she was booked into a hotel that allowed pets - since we didn't hear anything about that. On VIARAIL, where animals have to travel in baggage, she and her assistant both, coincidentally, completely forgot to make travel arrangements for the dog. When she had the opportunity to make arrangements for the dog enroute, she refused and instead made a national stink about it.

Does that sound reasonable?

The first clue should be in the number of words she used to say "I Forgot" ... it's a really big, long story where she mentions even her mom. She tries to come off as a ditzy 20 year old. I don't believe a word of it.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
She travels 250 days per year with her dog and always makes special travel and hotel arrangements for her dog. It seems that she was booked into a hotel that allowed pets - since we didn't hear anything about that. On VIARAIL, where animals have to travel in baggage, she and her assistant both, coincidentally, completely forgot to make travel arrangements for the dog. When she had the opportunity to make arrangements for the dog enroute, she refused and instead made a national stink about it.

Does that sound reasonable?

The first clue should be in the number of words she used to say "I Forgot" ... it's a really big, long story where she mentions even her mom. She tries to come off as a ditzy 20 year old. I don't believe a word of it.

It does sound reasonable to me. She hadn't traveled on Via before, and both Jann and her Assistant made bad assumptions that the rules would be the same as in Europe. Even when you travel all the time, booking with professionals, sometimes things slip through the cracks: I know from personal experience.

As for the Twitter thing, if I was faced by the Canadian transportation industry's version of the Seinfeld "Soup Nazi", and had any followers on Twitter, yeah they'd know about it too...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Anything one puts on twitter isn't any different than flying it behind a plane, written on a banner, around the country.

Its telling everyone.

It's just an extention of the word "twit". :lol:

Yeah, ya.. you're just jealous because I can still get it up without the aid of pills or a pump.. ya old timer?

Smart people know to shut up while they are ahead! (But on second thought you never were ahead)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Poor ol' pill-penises out there.

I have iron locks and a steel...well...anyway, ...I'm pretty damn outstanding for a middle-aged white guy.

Slack jawed Faggots - YouTube

p.s. I'd still date 'n' rate Jann.

This thread sure got ... derailed.

Ha! Derailed. I kill me.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
sure, sure, you believe what you believe..

I'll leave you to your BITCH.. OH!!

You might do a lot better if that pump you were mentioning was hooked up to your brain- if you can find an interface that is small enough! :lol:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Did any of you know, before this story, that VIA did not allow dogs on board? I know that I didn't, but I never checked. The only time in the last 20 years that I travelled on VIA, they dumped us in Montreal due to a strike, and had no idea what to do next, and wouldn't refund our money.

As far as I'm concerned, VIA can all go to hell, they wouldn't understand customer service if they tripped over it.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
It does sound reasonable to me. She hadn't traveled on Via before, and both Jann and her Assistant made bad assumptions that the rules would be the same as in Europe. Even when you travel all the time, booking with professionals, sometimes things slip through the cracks: I know from personal experience.

As for the Twitter thing, if I was faced by the Canadian transportation industry's version of the Seinfeld "Soup Nazi", and had any followers on Twitter, yeah they'd know about it too...

Why would anyone born and raised in Calgary suddenly assume that the she should make decisions based on rules or laws in Europe?

Did any of you know, before this story, that VIA did not allow dogs on board? I know that I didn't, but I never checked. The only time in the last 20 years that I travelled on VIA, they dumped us in Montreal due to a strike, and had no idea what to do next, and wouldn't refund our money.

As far as I'm concerned, VIA can all go to hell, they wouldn't understand customer service if they tripped over it.

If you were going to travel by train with a dog, wouldn't you at least inquire about it ... find out if there's a fee for the animal?