5 Canadians Killed In Afghanistan

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Oh common sense. What has that to do with war? All the training and all the flag waving has one purpose and that is to eliminate any trace of common sense.

I disagree. If a group of people is threatening to kill you (us) because of our values and beliefs, and if negotiating has been proven to be fruitless, then I think we have an obligation to defend ourselves. To me, that is pretty much common sense.

If that group (of bad guys) is using guns and bombs to achieve their objective of killing us (and it IS a stated objective by them), could you suggest an alternate and effective means of defence for us?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
They died for nothing. Wasted lives.

They died because they believed that what they were doing has purpose and meaning. They died defending their fellow soldiers. They died because they they were willing to stand up and be counted, unlike those of us here who can so blithely condemn them for doing so.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
You know the taliban is made up of people from different ethnic groups, does that mean we can hold those countries responsible for the death of civilians in suicide blasts????

I dont think so, so dont blame and attack canadian troops for the deaths of civilians americans caused...

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I disagree. If a group of people is threatening to kill you (us) because of our values and beliefs, and if negotiating has been proven to be fruitless, then I think we have an obligation to defend ourselves. To me, that is pretty much common sense.

If that group (of bad guys) is using guns and bombs to achieve their objective of killing us (and it IS a stated objective by them), could you suggest an alternate and effective means of defence for us?

Since WWII...... how have any of us been threatened? How did the Afghani people threaten Canada or our allies.... the Iraqi's........

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Your opinion,you got the gunpowder thing wrong so I dont expect you to sling anything but tounge in cheek comments from now on.;-)

and I see that, in reality, you have not changed at all....still a know it all, that knows very little.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You know the taliban is made up of people from different ethnic groups, does that mean we can hold those countries responsible for the death of civilians in suicide blasts????

I dont think so, so dont blame and attack canadian troops for the deaths of civilians americans caused...

If that's what really happened. At this point, we really don't know. :-|

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
and I see that, in reality, you have not changed at all....still a know it all, that knows very little.

I blew you out of the water the other day about gunpowder,see ger I only comment on stuff I have some knowledge in.not like you who claims to know it all but runs and hides when hit with facts when trying to comment on something you have no knowledge in.

Want to re-open the gunpowder topic?
You and Petros both got proven wrong and I'll do it again.;-)

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Since WWII...... how have any of us been threatened? How did the Afghani people threaten Canada or our allies.... the Iraqi's........

I was referring to the stated objective of the terrorists to kill "all infidels" and that includes us.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
they harboured osama bin laden, thats a threat

I see........ so..... whenever a foriegn Country refuses to hand over an accused criminal without proof of their criminal acts...... we have the right to bomb the crap out of them.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I blew you out of the water the other day about gunpowder,see ger I only comment on stuff I have some knowledge in.not like you who claims to know it all but runs and hides when hit with facts when trying to comment on something you have no knowledge in.

Want to re-open the gunpowder topic?
You and Petros both got proven wrong and I'll do it again.;-)

only oin your tiny, simple mind.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

I would defend my home and native land to death. We are in Afghanistan killing the natives and destroying their homes and way of life. That is not Canada and it is only by gross distortion of reality that it could concievably be considered defence of our homeland. We are there at the behest of the bankers. Believe it or not that is the truth. The best defense is education.That's why we get braintrod from the earliest possible moment by our educators/morons.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
only oin your tiny, simple mind.

Let's reopen the topic then,you and petro's were both proven wrong and I'll do it again.

You were after all making gunpowder when I was in diapers or so you say,that would be back in 1961 or so.thats an accomplishment from someone who doesnt even know what the main ingredient in gunpowder is.
I know my explosives,you dont,pretty plain and simple there.;-)

I'll even spot you a couple days to bone up on the subject via wiki.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I would defend my home and native land to death. We are in Afghanistan killing the natives and destroying their homes and way of life. That is not Canada and it is only by gross distortion of reality that it could concievably be considered defence of our homeland. We are there at the behest of the bankers. Believe it or not that is the truth. The best defense is education.That's why we get braintrod from the earliest possible moment by our educators/morons.

The bankers? of course you have some proof of this right?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Al-queda attacked the world trade centres and i havent seen videos from them that said they werent responsible.... Osama was there leader....

I am still not buying into it. I've seen (and read) where Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house too. When you're dealing with proven fibbers ... expect fibs.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Let's reopen the topic then,you and petro's were both proven wrong and I'll do it again.

You were after all making gunpowder when I was in diapers or so you say,that would be back in 1961 or so.thats an accomplishment from someone who doesnt even know what the main ingredient in gunpowder is.
I know my explosives,you dont,pretty plain and simple there.;-)

I'll even spot you a couple days to bone up on the subject via wiki.

whatever randy....I'm done with you.