5 Canadians Killed In Afghanistan

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I would defend my home and native land to death. We are in Afghanistan killing the natives and destroying their homes and way of life. That is not Canada and it is only by gross distortion of reality that it could concievably be considered defence of our homeland. We are there at the behest of the bankers. Believe it or not that is the truth. The best defense is education.That's why we get braintrod from the earliest possible moment by our educators/morons.

So, according to your logic, DB, we just sit back and wait until they are in 'our home and native land', then you can blow the suckers to pieces, right. Shucks, I should have known you were a true patriot all along.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Al-queda attacked the world trade centres and i havent seen videos from them that said they werent responsible.... Osama was there leader....

That's wonderfull..... so again I say..... when a country won't hand over a criminal that we want, then the answer is to bomb the crap out of said country?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
in osoma's case i would have to say yes to getting him, because it goes beyond being a petty criminal.... His organization has led many attacks on targets around the world...

The bombing to **** - no
Going in and getting him - yes

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Do you speak for yourself or do you speak for the majority as indicated?
Theres 3 legions in my municipality of 10,000,we had a corvette named after our town for our war efforts(hmcs Blairmore),I see the majority at the rememberance day ceremonys.

Sorry but the white poppy crowd is in the minority,some of us do still remember the sacrifices that Canadians made.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The bankers? of course you have some proof of this right?

The proof my friend is the same as always, who profits. Who manufactures and sells the arms and who rolls up the spoils when the bombs stop? You want to believe in the far away bad guys while the bad guys in the glass towers piss down on you and laugh. Maybe you are to scared to dump on the banking scum in your own hood but you're safe and sure you can badmouth people ten thousand miles away with impunity.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
in osoma's case i would have to say yes to getting him, because it goes beyond being a petty criminal.... His organization has led many attacks on targets around the world...

The bombing to **** - no
Going in and getting him - yes

well.... been over 7 years since we "went in ta get im"........ where is he? How many more innocent civilians are we going to kill before we get out? How many is enough retribution for the 3000 that AQ was responsible for killing?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
The proof my friend is the same as always, who profits. Who manufactures and sells the arms and who rolls up the spoils when the bombs stop? You want to believe in the far away bad guys while the bad guys in the glass towers piss down on you and laugh. Maybe you are to scared to dump on the banking scum in your own hood but you're safe and sure you can badmouth people ten thousand miles away with impunity.

No,i just saw the same rhetoric during the quwait invasion and im used to peeps like you posting accusations with no facts to back them up like happened back then.

Just because you claim it is so doesnt make it gospel,hope you forgive me for not taking it as such.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
So, according to your logic, DB, we just sit back and wait until they are in 'our home and native land', then you can blow the suckers to pieces, right. Shucks, I should have known you were a true patriot all along.

Not only is it logic it is also honour. Now you seem to want to off the people in the next village because they may do you first. Following that logic or lack thereof, how long till their are no villages?

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Yes a sad reminder of the ever growing list of Canadians dying in vain for our gov.`s American ass-kissing.

Get thier brave sorry asses out of there now. We have no reason to be over there.

I just finished listening to that military frog spokesman stutter and fumble through the names and lil tidbits of these latest victims. Utterly sickening and shamefull.

As for those goddam bag-pipes, I`d rather hear the banging of pots and pans during the coming funerals.

Happy New Year Mowich!!

Being of Scot descent, I always listen to the pipes with a wistful heart. No other instrument quite so easily mimics the anguish felt by all who listen.

It was so good of you to remind us that once again we will be honoring the brave men and women of our Canadian Armed Forces.

Happy New Year, JBee.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Yes a sad reminder of the ever growing list of Canadians dying in vain for our gov.`s American ass-kissing.

Get thier brave sorry asses out of there now. We have no reason to be over there.

I just finished listening to that military frog spokesman stutter and fumble through the names and lil tidbits of these latest victims. Utterly sickening and shamefull.

As for those goddam bag-pipes, I`d rather hear the banging of pots and pans during the coming funerals.

Happy New Year Mowich!!

I bet you rejoiced when the twin towers went down too,pathetic,they have lots of room in Afghanistan if you dont like it here,

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
I would defend my home and native land to death. We are in Afghanistan killing the natives and destroying their homes and way of life. That is not Canada and it is only by gross distortion of reality that it could concievably be considered defence of our homeland. We are there at the behest of the bankers. Believe it or not that is the truth. The best defense is education.That's why we get braintrod from the earliest possible moment by our educators/morons.

OK, we found some common ground here - education...I agree with you!

But, about the bankers...hmm...I think it is a bit of a stretch to think that we are there at the behest of the bankers. Although banks, arms dealers, and lots of other organizations (including Tim Hortons) benefit from the war, I think there is a difference between "benefit" and "cause." No, I think it's a political decision to be there.

I happen to agree with it, but I understand the position of people who do not. I consider it to be a combined strategy of proactiveness (get 'em before they get here) and provide a lot of humanitarian aid (rebuilding) to the local folks.

I'm sure the majority of disagreement would lie with the first part of that one, but I have to give some credit to our government for recognizing that we are a potential target for the terrorists and then doing something about it. Micromanagement and second-guessing don't really accomplish a lot, and I believe we have people in our government and its departments who are better informed than us (it's their job!) as to what the threats really are. And then of course, it's up to our elected government to respond to them.

Sure, they're not perfect but I think they're trying hard to move in the right direction. Sorry, I'd better say "correct" direction for fear igniting a left/right battle here. It's pretty hard to do anything "correctly" when half the country is screaming one thing, and the other half is just as noisily opposed to what the first half is saying. I don't think Jesus Christ or anyone since his time could do a great job in this situation...it's a bloody mess, and it all starts right here on our own home turf.

We simply can't agree on a hell of a lot, and we certainly can't disagree on anything in a quiet, reasoned, and civil way. No, we all have to be 'right' and to hell with everyone else and their opinions. Where does this come from? Why can't we take a look at the big picture, find places for compromise, and then agree on what to do about any given situation?

Where or how did we learn how to be such self-centred, uncompromising, noisy people that actively appear to do more talking than listening and thinking? It's behaviour like that that starts wars!

And it's beginning to emerge as a strong Canadian trait. Not something I'm particularly proud of. And it sure as hell isn't how we achieved the many good things we have over the years.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
well.... been over 7 years since we "went in ta get im"........ where is he? How many more innocent civilians are we going to kill before we get out? How many is enough retribution for the 3000 that AQ was responsible for killing?

The problem with that, Gerryh, is that during most of those seven years, the US was busy in Iraq and lost their focus on Afghanistan which is something Obama admitted. Had the focus remained on Afghanistan alone, who knows where we would find ourselves now, I don't. I would venture to suggest that a more concentrated effort might have flushed bin laden out by now. It might have suppressed the taliban and brought more Afghani citizens onside in the war.

My point is this, during that time a lot of ground was lost and it now has to made up again. In addition, the taliban were able to terrorize and/or otherwise suppress Afghanis, who might otherwise have not been supportive, into helping them. The threat is even greater now and the need more pressing.

There may be an element of retribution to this war, Gerry, I for one, will not judge anyone who lost someone in the terror attacks - and lest we forget, those attacks began long before the towers were hit. I do not believe however, that retribution alone is the reason the UN is there. I beleive the taliban and al queda present a clear and present danger that must be eliminated.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The Taliban was no threat outside their borders....AQ was and is a criminal organization that should be treated as such.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Happy New Year Mowich!!

Ah, JBeee, you know we are in Afghanistan at the behest of the UN, you know that, so enough with the butt smooching by Canada, okay????

We have many reasons to be there, not the least of which is our committment to the UN.

I don't see why pots and pans could not be added to the pipes, JBeee, why don't you see if you can do something about that or better yet, you could hold your own ceremony.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Dragging up 9/11 to bolster your point again I see. Heck half the world rejoiced when the US recieved that kick in the groin!!:lol:

So whats with this `leave the country` line every time someone has a differing opinion from you Kato?:roll:

I bet you rejoiced when the twin towers went down too,pathetic,they have lots of room in Afghanistan if you dont like it here,

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Well then by golly tis our own dam fault now ain`t it?

We should quit our belly-aching every time one of those poor suckers is killed in that war-zone.

Just read on the news our PM with his now rehearsed words of sympathy to the famlies of these latest dead warriors and his condemning of the `awful act` lol

YOU sent them over there to kill and die Mr. PM, you ****ing idiot! Its a ****ing war-zone.

`Awful act` :lol:

Ah, JBeee, you know we are in Afghanistan at the behest of the UN, you know that, so enough with the butt smooching by Canada, okay????

We have many reasons to be there, not the least of which is our committment to the UN.

I don't see why pots and pans could not be added to the pipes, JBeee, why don't you see if you can do something about that or better yet, you could hold your own ceremony.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Well then by golly tis our own dam fault now ain`t it?

We should quit our belly-aching every time one of those poor suckers is killed in that war-zone.

Just read on the news our PM with his now rehearsed words of sympathy to the famlies of these latest dead warriors and his condemning of the `awful act` lol

YOU sent them over there to kill and die Mr. PM, you ****ing idiot! Its a ****ing war-zone.

`Awful act` :lol:

WHO sent them over?