5 Canadians Killed In Afghanistan

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"You should do that in a corner or behind a door somewhere, like an old mop."

I respect our war dead no matter where. If Yahooes like you want me to stand in a corner like and old mop, so be it!

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
can't respect a bunch of robotic half-wits who unthinkingly obey their master and go into a meaningless war without question.

the ones that have come out and questioned the war and what the **** they're doing there in the first place are deserving of respect for sure. for using their brains.

So let me ask you a question,if you knew your nieghbour beat his wife every night and could hear it yourself,would you intervene or just ignore it?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Gentlemen.....and lady....I propose we leave this thread to the unworthies that started and perpetuated it.........let them wallow in their own venom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Johnnny

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
They dont beat the girls in Afghanistan,they bury them up to the neck and stone them to death,I can post pic's if you want but they would turn your stomach.
Sometimes you have to shock peeps into reality and I will if you can take it.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
But why in heaven ADD to the agony?? Ain`t it enough to have lost a few good guys for no good reason?

I expect the US anthem to be next in line for our dead.

"Holy ****...another horrendous bout of those annoying bag-pipes about to start again!?:roll:"

While I agree that hardly any sound is more grating and irritating than the sound of bag-pipes, when they honourour war dead, I stand in silence and endure.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
What!? The Tabilan kill more of thier own than we do Johnny??

Well there you go....I can`t think of a better reason to go in there and kill more of these scum.

Regardless i hear the Taliban kill more innocent people on purpose then we do...

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
can't respect a bunch of robotic half-wits who unthinkingly obey their master and go into a meaningless war without question.

the ones that have come out and questioned the war and what the **** they're doing there in the first place are deserving of respect for sure. for using their brains.

When it comes to War and other such things the Soldiers follow orders - If you disagree with this hold the Govt to account but to insult the soldiers is only done by people that are less than hal wits and have no idea of what and how the givt works - the Military falls under the command of the Govt in power - They do not decide to go off on there own - also please note - when a soldier has been informed that he is going to the Stan - he has to follow orders or a Courts martial will be the result. And the result would be Jail.
No they are not robots -

You pal Goober.

PS - look up Article 5 of the NATO treaty as those of you that wonder about our responsibilites are always in horror when the Govt ignores a treaty - Or do you pick and choose which ones you will adhere to after signing -

JBeee - i am not allowed to say what i really think of you or what I would like to do about it.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
They dont beat the girls in Afghanistan,they bury them up to the neck and stone them to death,I can post pic's if you want but they would turn your stomach.
Sometimes you have to shock peeps into reality and I will if you can take it.

No, it will really not be necessary to show those kinds of pictures. They are not allowed here.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
cliffy thats someone talking about iraq not afghanistan... An american talking about iraq.... I cant find anything on the net about where are troops are in iraq.... but i dont know who knows, mabye im wrong and canada is in iraq

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Correct me if im wrong but i havent seen the liberal hippie news talk about canadians blowing themselves up in crowded markets, or kicking down doors and shooting women for going to school and educating themselves....

last i checked the canadians were helping develop the country by building places for public services, training people, securing the border with Pakistan so those pesky nukes dont fall into insurgent hands, helping refugees.... Obviously on our part more pro's then con's but hey what do i know

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
cliffy thats someone talking about iraq not afghanistan... An american talking about iraq.... I cant find anything on the net about where are troops are in iraq.... but i dont know who knows, mabye im wrong and canada is in iraq
Do you really think it is any different? The poor killing the poor so the rich can get richer. That is what war is all about. It doesn't matter which war or who is involved. War, any war, is just like this brave young man tells it. And it will be no different when the US drags us into Iran, after they think they have done enough of a job vilifying the Iranians that we will willingly follow them into hell.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
unfortunately cliffy the UN still backs the afghanistan mission and not the iraq invasion last i checked but i might not know what im talking about.... if america orchestrated it all how come the UN didnt back the Iraq invasion? i dont understand

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
mabye canada should rethink its commitment to the United nations and withdraw from it

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1267

that would be the logical step instead of slandering and insulting your own country men..

but then again what do i know

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
mabye canada should rethink its commitment to the United nations and withdraw from it

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1267

that would be the logical step instead of slandering and insulting your own country men..

but then again what do i know

Who is slandering Canadians? I have the deepest respect for our armed forces, that is why I say, bring them home - alive, now! If our politician want to have a war, send them over there.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
They were somebody's son, daughter, finance, husband, friend. The holiday season's meaning changed for many people. Have respect.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Do you really think it is any different? The poor killing the poor so the rich can get richer. That is what war is all about. It doesn't matter which war or who is involved. War, any war, is just like this brave young man tells it. And it will be no different when the US drags us into Iran, after they think they have done enough of a job vilifying the Iranians that we will willingly follow them into hell.

Cliffy...I'm "video-challenged" out here in the boonies...dial-up! A quick question, if you don't mind - Is the video about a Cdn. war vet?