Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Two words: Deepwater Horizon
Did you watch the youtube special on the fire part? One of the cranes used was red hot from top to bottom before it collapsed, kind of made me think of WTC towers. If all the cross bracing was the reason for that and there was a 'small pile' is it possible that the core was almost all removed before the day they fell. That much steel would just have tangled up and the fall would not have been complete.

I also see that same thing happening if they try to shut down a well that is not a single hole. The gas will just make a route beside the pipe and the other natural cracks in the rocks and up as gas in water wells. That can be solved by the water going into a tank in the attic and then the house water is drawn from the bottom of the tank and the gas that is released is collected from the top as needed. No idea what the water needs after that.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Did you watch the youtube special on the fire part? One of the cranes used was red hot from top to bottom before it collapsed, kind of made me think of WTC towers. If all the cross bracing was the reason for that and there was a 'small pile' is it possible that the core was almost all removed before the day they fell. That much steel would just have tangled up and the fall would not have been complete.

I also see that same thing happening if they try to shut down a well that is not a single hole. The gas will just make a route beside the pipe and the other natural cracks in the rocks and up as gas in water wells. That can be solved by the water going into a tank in the attic and then the house water is drawn from the bottom of the tank and the gas that is released is collected from the top as needed. No idea what the water needs after that.

And what does that have to do with anything except to point out that oil and gas wells are dangerous.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
And what does that have to do with anything except to point out that oil and gas wells are dangerous.
It was a pretty long structure and even are red hot it did not fail. In a cold state it was weaker than the smallest column in any of the 3 buildings the 'fell due to fire weakened steel' kind of talk. It is not a 'reasonable conclusion'. Nothing more than that.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
You started the thread about them. Maybe you shouldn't start threads about things over your head.

I started a thread about the benefits of green energy. Something that you have completely failed to refute despite a number of confused attempts like the post I referred to. Write English instead of nonsense and maybe I will reply.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
High Amp DC is a certification needed by electricians for installing solar. Nobody specializes in just DC it's still the same electricians. No new trade.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
High Amp DC is a certification needed by electricians for installing solar. Nobody specializes in just DC it's still the same electricians. No new trade.

And your point is? Most solar power seems to be coming from large scale installations. Home installations might catch on given the falling price of solar panels, but right now they are minimal.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And your point is? Most solar power seems to be coming from large scale installations. Home installations might catch on given the falling price of solar panels, but right now they are minimal.
Are there new hires in the sparkie trade or still the same ones who decided to get the high smp DC ticket doing installs?

The prices aren't falling when the Trudeau Govt keeps upping the tarrifs on Chinese panels that are down to 20 cents a watt.

Is that what keeps homeowners from going solar?

Why should I be punished 122% for importing solar panels?

Why is there a 600% mark up over wholesale?

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
18V DC and multiples should be the new standard once 12V fades away There are 12 motors around that can spin anything you will find in a house. As part of a emergency kit it would be worth having a few in the closet, lots of batteries when the gas runs runs out.
Even then if you can find a way to spin an alternator you can charge a bank of batteries. If this design could spin an alternator using 1 chain what would happen if 10 chains were used?