Wow, This is what some people get worked up over?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You mean when they stop the cart dead center in the aisle and stand beside it, effectively blocking all traffic, while they decide between the Pork Rinds and the Funions?

Lol

Oh ya, that is one of Jenny's BIGGEST pet peaves.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
no. I don't really get upset about much. Child and animal abuse is really about it.
So you aren't an anti Christian.

I try very hard to avoid the use of labels. People are never static and that makes labeling a person rather slippery.
A lot of people are, so it makes it easy in some cases.

What type of bats? I love bats. One of my precious memories is of camping with the hubby by a lake in Nahatlatch provincial park when a thunder storm came across the lake and poured. We sat in the tent and watched it through the flap, then because it had been so hot, the rain made this amazing fog that engulfed the lake after the rain. We sat and watched the bats fly in and out of the fog catching all the little bugs, as the sun went down.
Genetically mutated vampire bats, with very bad attitudes and chronic halitosis.

First world problem.
Like cheap TP and too many channels to choose from. Poor starving Ethiopian kids have it so easy.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Oh ya, that is one of Jenny's BIGGEST pet peaves.

People seem really self involved. I mean, we can all have our moments where we're too much inside our own heads, happens from time to time, but I know I try to be mindful of other people around me. And it doesn't seem like many do.

Genetically mutated vampire bats, with very bad attitudes and chronic halitosis.

I've got that covered.

I've seen that movie.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Like cheap TP and too many channels to choose from. Poor starving Ethiopian kids have it so easy.

Well that's just it, We have lost touch with reality. And we compete in a global market. It's a race to the bottom, and we expect very high standards. I'm more worried about not having to borrow money to eat, then some prayer on a fast food meal.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

PERFECT!!!!! see, all the animals I've brought into my house my whole life have been rejects. From my first cat as an adult to my current cats which were trapped as feral kittens.

My Shnauzer was a discount puppy. We were given a deal because she was the last of her litter and nobody wanted her. She was afraid of everything and nearly 5 months old when we adopted her. Now, of course, she's been up nearly every mountain around us, camps in the woods like a champ and everyone who sees her either smiles or simply falls in love with her.

Same with our weechon. He's not the "right" colour. We were also given a discount on his cost because nobody wanted him. He was a bit of an azzhole at first, but now he is the lover of love and my little peach coloured shadow.

My first goat was a neutered male. Nobody but the butcher wanted him. except me.

So, just so you're aware, your mutant vampire bats with bad attitudes will be my best friends. I'll bring some tic tacs, blood flavoured of course. Animals are some of the best people.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
So you aren't an anti Christian.

Yes she is, and did you notice how she skipped over answering that.

People seem really self involved. I mean, we can all have our moments where we're too much inside our own heads, happens from time to time, but I know I try to be mindful of other people around me. And it doesn't seem like many do.

I've actually had these twats give ME a dirty look when I've said "excuse me" so that we could get by. As if moving another 12 inches towards the shelves is a huge inconvenience.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yes she is, and did you notice how she skipped over answering that.

I've actually had these twats give ME a dirty look when I've said "excuse me" so that we could get by. As if moving another 12 inches towards the shelves is a huge inconvenience.

Anything not about them is an inconvenience.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It is up to them as a franchise just don't buy stuff there i don't think one should be
pushing their religion on customers in business but that is up to them I guess if
it were a government institution that would be different.
Me I never read the warning on cigarette packages when I smoked don't now but
back then didn't bother me.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If they put nonreligious self affirmation stickers on the bags would it upset people?

"I guard my heart because it determines the course of my life."

It's a random affirmation until I add Proverbs 4:23?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
You mean when they stop the cart dead center in the aisle and stand beside it, effectively blocking all traffic, while they decide between the Pork Rinds and the Funions?

I am guilty of this (although not the Pork Rinds and Funions choice -- good to know what stuff is on your shopping list) but when I am looking for something put on my list by my wife. My redeeming quality is I do recognize when I have done this after a few seconds and move to one side or the other.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
If they put nonreligious self affirmation stickers on the bags would it upset people?

"I guard my heart because it determines the course of my life."

It's a random affirmation until I add Proverbs 4:23?

In the states, if they put atheist quotes on it, you can be sure there'd be an uproar.

and on this forum there would be. lol

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Smoke another one.

I'd have to smoke one first in order to smoke another.

does it bother you that much that you have to resort to this type of deflection?

Was it the way I left the comment with just the ...

Or was it that you forgot what you're arguing for/about etc?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
You know how they are. OMG! It's got something about God on it! That's not right. Then proceed to lose their minds. It's hilarious. I almost became one of them. But Gh, DaS and Sons talked me out of it. Thank gawd.

You're right there. If it isn't impeding your life it's no harm. Everyone is entitled to think and believe what they want.
Bible quotes on hamburgers are not a war on atheists.

does it bother you that much that you have to resort to this type of deflection?

He always resorts to that when he's too high.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
It's a good PC fluff subject for the PC concerned folks who have a very very good and easy life.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

It's everything that flies over your head.