Wow, This is what some people get worked up over?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
This Sonic Location Slaps Bible Verses on Take-out Orders and People Are Pissed

A Missouri Sonic is fighting the separation of church and food, one combo meal at a time. According to ABC 15 , a Sonic in the town of Raymore has been attaching stickers with Bible verses printed on them to customers' food orders. Sonic spokesman Jason Acock recently stated that because many Sonics are franchise-owned, each store makes its own decisions. He explains, "We don't have a policy backing this. It's the decision by the franchisee that owns and operates that specific drive in." It's important to note the stickers don't come with every order, and employees have the option of using non-Bible related stickers if they so choose.

While some are defending the restaurant's religious views, others have taken to social media to protest the use of the stickers. One customer reportedly used a touch of humor in questioning the point of the stickers on Facebook: "Third time in two weeks I've gotten a Bible verse sticker but NOT gotten part of my family's order from Sonic off 58th in Raymore. Thanks for the sermon, where are my cheese sticks?"
Religion has been making its way into restaurant policy for quite some time. In 2013, a Chicago restaurant received serious backlash after Catholics claimed it was mocking their religion with its "Ghost burger" — which came topped with a communion wafer as a nod to Swedish rock band Ghost B.C. Another restaurant owner in North Carolina was inspired by her religious beliefs to put her faith in God and allow customers to name their own prices. But perhaps the most elaborate example of religion in the food world is Indiana's "religious freedom" law that allowed restaurants to refuse service to gay diners. After pressure from the LGBT community and other protestors, the law was quickly amended.

This Sonic Location Slaps Bible Verses on Take-out Orders and People Are Pissed

FFS.Go clog your arteries with a Big Mac....problem solved.

But I gotta ask, does it burn out their eyes or cause some kind of injury.....or are we just talking about their over sensitivity here?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The anti Christians get upset so easily. Just look at the ones that permeate this place, lol. They're hilarious.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well it's like when you get those religious handouts/flyers in your mailbox. I could stand there, being forced to read it and all, and get very offended......

or I could toss it into the recycle bin. Guess which option I choose?

Seriously though, why get "pissed off" about it? Nobody has an inalienable right to purchase goods and services from a particular place, if they do not operate in a manner that is to your liking, you can choose not to patronize that establishment. If throwing religious quote stickers onto customer's take out orders will cause enough people not to patronize that establishment, then they go out of business. It's that simple and straight forward.

The only time things get murky are when they violate discrimination laws. This though does not qualify as discrimination, although I'm sure some would try to make it out to be.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You know how they are. OMG! It's got something about God on it! That's not right. Then proceed to lose their minds. It's hilarious. I almost became one of them. But Gh, DaS and Sons talked me out of it. Thank gawd.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
You know how they are. OMG! It's got something about God on it! That's not right. Then proceed to lose their minds. It's hilarious. I almost became one of them. But Gh, DaS and Sons talked me out of it. Thank gawd.

To me it's akin to those who protest homosexual marriage. It's a protest against something that does them no harm and does not in any way affect them. The only conceivable way one could be "offended" is to take offense (note I said 'take offense') at the very existence of something. Well too freaking bad......there are tons of things in the world that I don't like, the metric used is whether it interferes in my life or causes harm. If it doesn't, then it's none of my business.

If a business were to make a political or social statement that I did not agree with and felt strongly enough about, then i would not patronize that business.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
To me it's akin to those who protest homosexual marriage. It's a protest against something that does them no harm and does not in any way affect them. The only conceivable way one could be "offended" is to take offense (note I said 'take offense') at the very existence of something. Well too freaking bad......there are tons of things in the world that I don't like, the metric used is whether it interferes in my life or causes harm. If it doesn't, then it's none of my business.

If a business were to make a political or social statement that I did not agree with and felt strongly enough about, then i would not patronize that business.
What a rational point of view.

Anti Christians aren't rational. They've made their anti religion, a religion, with all the trappings and devotion to the cause, that they rail against.

It makes it so hard to take them seriously.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
What a rational point of view.

Anti Christians aren't rational. They've made their anti religion, a religion, with all the trappings and devotion to the cause, that they rail against.

It makes it so hard to take them seriously.

Well I'm not sure that "anti" anything is truly rational. Once you've set up camp somewhere it's pretty hard to be nonbiased and analytical, which is really what being rational is all about. Logic is cold and without emotion. Someone who is anti-whatever is usually someone who is very passionate about their views, usually to the detriment of being able to see the other side of things.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
By going to a different diner, customers would voice their displeasure through the franchises bottom line if they so chose.

What bible verses? If I got one about hell and brimstone I may be pissed.

And can you choose? Can you upsize your bible verse to a premium one for maybe 30 more cents?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
By going to a different diner, customers would voice their displeasure through the franchises bottom line if they so chose.

What bible verses? If I got one about hell and brimstone I may be pissed.

Yeah but would you engage in protest or take your business elsewhere?

And can you choose? Can you upsize your bible verse to a premium one for maybe 30 more cents?

Now that's funny!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah but would you engage in protest or take your business elsewhere?

Myself? I rarely get upset over the little stuff. But if they change something that affects me, I would go elsewhere. Wendy's changed their fries sometime back (and I understand a lot of people like them better) and I did not care for the new fries so I don't go to Wendy's that much anymore. But sticking a bible verse or a quote from the Koran on the bag wouldn't alter my pattern. If I had to talk to a Jehova's witness at the door each time I went in would change my pattern though.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Myself? I rarely get upset over the little stuff. But if they change something that affects me, I would go elsewhere. Wendy's changed their fries sometime back (and I understand a lot of people like them better) and I did not care for the new fries so I don't go to Wendy's that much anymore. But sticking a bible verse or a quote from the Koran on the bag wouldn't alter my pattern. If I had to talk to a Jehova's witness at the door each time I went in would change my pattern though.

I agree. About the stickers and the fries, those new ones are gross, blech!

It would change my pattern too. I'd start going more often.

Dinner and a show? What's not to love?

See this could open a whole new world of trolling abilities for you. Fast food trolling. Lol

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
See this could open a whole new world of trolling abilities for you. Fast food trolling. Lol
I already troll in real life. Last night leaving the Mandarin I asked the dumb blonde pushing her way into the restaurant if she gave any thought to waiting a second while the people leaving could make room for her in the restaurant.

It went over as well as you'd think. It ended with me laughing at her husband and my family dragging me away by my coat, lol.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I already troll in real life. Last night leaving the Mandarin I asked the dumb blonde pushing her way into the restaurant if she gave any thought to waiting a second while the people leaving could make room for her in the restaurant.

It went over as well as you'd think. It ended with me laughing at her husband and my family dragging me away by my coat, lol.

I love it! Lol. I hate people that try to force their way through a door when you're leaving, if someone is leaving a restaurant I hold the door open for them and enter once their past. It's just common courtesy.

Another one I hate is idiots who try to enter an elevator before letting people off an elevator. That should be fu*king illegal and they should be fined. Lol.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I love it! Lol. I hate people that try to force their way through a door when you're leaving, if someone is leaving a restaurant I hold the door open for them and enter once their past. It's just common courtesy.

Another one I hate is idiots who try to enter an elevator before letting people off an elevator. That should be fu*king illegal and they should be fined. Lol.
I really must start wearing a GoPro. The looks on peoples faces are priceless when you tell them about commonsense.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I really must start wearing a GoPro. The looks on peoples faces are priceless when you tell them about commonsense.

Someone suggested I put a GoPro on the dog but then I remembered what he did to those antlers we bought him Christmas before last. He ate them. So I decided against it.

You should totally go for it though, you could start your own Common Sense YouTube channel. Then maybe this common sense bidness would start to catch on. You could start a revolution!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
SLM, if you ever met little bear, you would laugh, trying to visualize someone trying to push their way past him in a doorway, and I never met his sons but I don't think they can be midget size either.....:lol::lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Someone suggested I put a GoPro on the dog but then I remembered what he did to those antlers we bought him Christmas before last. He ate them. So I decided against it.

You should totally go for it though, you could start your own Common Sense YouTube channel. Then maybe this common sense bidness would start to catch on. You could start a revolution!
I've given up hope on the world. I'm going to build my compound in the middle of nowhere and watch the fire from a distance.
Great tune!!!

SLM, if you ever met little bear, you would laugh, trying to visualize someone trying to push their way past him in a doorway, and I never met his sons but I don't think they can be midget size either.....:lol::lol:
They're both taller than me, and built the way I used to be. There's a reason why I burst into laughter when her husband got puffy and tried to intimidate me.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I've given up hope on the world.

Well I was kind of thinking the novelty of the whole thing could translate into some nice pocket money. As your newly (self) appointed agent, i am of course entitled to a percentage. Lol

I'm going to build my compound in the middle of nowhere and watch the fire from a distance.
Should i bring meat to placate the dogs as I sneak in or will you give me a key?

Great tune!!!
It is!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Well I was kind of thinking the novelty of the whole thing could translate into some nice pocket money. As your newly (self) appointed agent, i am of course entitled to a percentage. Lol
You can have 10%.

Should i bring meat to placate the dogs as I sneak in or will you give me a key?
I'm using trained attack bears, but you'll get a key in the mail shortly.