Who eats out?

Air Advocate

Nominee Member
Mar 4, 2007
Ever think of how clean the restaurants are that you eat in?
Did you know in Canada there are over 200,000 restaurants
and only 61 companies that clean kitchen exhaust systems how can they be cleaning these restaurants every six months?

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I am a sucker for asian food... and they usually are not clean... I love going out for chow mein, rice, and some tasty curry and chicken..

I honestly am not a burger and fries person anymore.

I am addicted to Subway, fresh food, healthy, and tastes good... but they can be dirty too... saw one person drop a bun in lettuce, clean the bun off and serve it and not replace the lettuce..

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I dont mind some dirt in my food. it makes us stronger in the long run. Basic standards are usually met and that's just fine. I've had food poisoning twice in my life and both times it was my fault for re-heating stuff incompletely.

I'm a huge fan of sushi and chinese and japanese and pretty much anything.

One of my favourite meals ever was "an der heisen stein" in spain, in an argentinian restaurant. they gave you some bite sized chunks of meat ready-marinated, and a very hot peice of stone so u could cook it yourself.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
We do, breakfast every Sunday morning for the past 10 yrs. and evening dinner once a week. Neither of us have been sick yet, probably built up our immune system.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I ate out twice a day for 11 years or more. Had food poisoning once. Exhausts suck fumes, smoke and grease up and have drip rails and filters that will catch anything coming back down. Filters are cleaned regularily at fast food joints. Have you ever seen the dust and dirt in your furnace's ductwork? What about your own kitchen exhaust? Do you regularily replace the ductwork that leads from your stove top to the outside?

Air Advocate

Nominee Member
Mar 4, 2007
not as often as i should

In are area its like condos for birds they have been nesting in all vent bathroom dryer and kitchen exhaust you should see the bird **** all over the walls of every house in this part of town

smilingfish

Just a tiny fish
Dec 13, 2006
I am a sucker for asian food... and they usually are not clean... I love going out for chow mein, rice, and some tasty curry and chicken..

I honestly am not a burger and fries person anymore.

I am addicted to Subway, fresh food, healthy, and tastes good... but they can be dirty too... saw one person drop a bun in lettuce, clean the bun off and serve it and not replace the lettuce..
It's not easy to cook all those Chinese food without messing the whole kitchen up. I love Chinese food but hate to cook them. The oil smoke is killing my skin. And my kitchen hood does look nasty, although I clean it from time to time. So eating out is a good idea, and since I'm still in China now, I'd better do that more often cus when I go to Canada, don't think I could affort that especially in the very beginning.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I eat out sometimes, but only when my wife is in the mood.

Oh come on... you never encourage a night of eating out when your wife's in a bad mood, and you know she could use a little less stress in her life? I know my hubby will coerce me... "really baby, you'll feel so much better... it'll take such a burden off your already stress filled day". Sometimes it's three, four times a week that he wants to eat out, just to try to make my life better... he's a real doll.

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
Oh come on... you never encourage a night of eating out when your wife's in a bad mood, and you know she could use a little less stress in her life? I know my hubby will coerce me... "really baby, you'll feel so much better... it'll take such a burden off your already stress filled day". Sometimes it's three, four times a week that he wants to eat out, just to try to make my life better... he's a real doll.

Well it all depends. I mean, I'm just one man, though I'm not sure how many fish-flavoured tacos I can consume in a week. It's not like eating Chinese, where I'm hungry again in an hour....

My wife, on the other hand, is usually all for getting a little Chinese into her; luckily for us her appetite can be insatiable. :thumbup:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I eat out way too much, most night I am just too lazy to bother cooking anything. I am a big fan of Pho (Vietnemese noodle soups), Thai, chinese etc.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I eat out way too much, most night I am just too lazy to bother cooking anything. I am a big fan of Pho (Vietnemese noodle soups), Thai, chinese etc.

There's this great little restaurant in edmonton called Pagolac... it serves the yummiest vietnamese, and their soups are exraordinary. I don't know anyone who can finish one. The place would have Air Advocate tearing his hair out.... the walls are stained from lack of ventilation when they're deep frying, it's old paneling from the 70's, basically looks like a total hole in the wall.... until they bring you all this food... yum. The place is almost always packed. Frankly, I don't ever want to take a good look through their kitchen, because their food is worth the risk. Yes, bad attitude I know, but damn it's good food.

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
Being serious for a moment, I rarely eat out, if for no other reason than the restaurants here are few in number and poor in quality. There's two really expensive but very crappy pizza places, a really crappy Chinese place that serves prefrozen boxed Chinese food, a "coffee shop" that serves standard greasy diner food (and is only open until 5pm, 5 days a week) and two restaurants located in motels, one of which hasn't changed its menu in more than 30 years.

So I almost always cook myself; it's my only creative outlet in a community whose mission it is is to drain the uniqueness out of me - though it is very, very hard to get fresh or regional ingredients; I can't even get my hands on fresh herbs here, which makes me quite irritated.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
There's this great little restaurant in edmonton called Pagolac... it serves the yummiest vietnamese, and their soups are exraordinary. I don't know anyone who can finish one. The place would have Air Advocate tearing his hair out.... the walls are stained from lack of ventilation when they're deep frying, it's old paneling from the 70's, basically looks like a total hole in the wall.... until they bring you all this food... yum. The place is almost always packed. Frankly, I don't ever want to take a good look through their kitchen, because their food is worth the risk. Yes, bad attitude I know, but damn it's good food.

I love the Pho soups, I finished one of the large sized ones, one night. I was some kind of bloated I tell you. It seems the best asian restaurants are usually located in little holes in the wall, the nicer looking places are reserved for north americanized chinese food I guess.