White Fragility: People will Insist They Are Not Racist

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Like all the conbots in this forum.

'People Will Insist That They are Not Racist': Robin DiAngelo on 'White Fragility' and the Way Forward

DiAngelo, a San Francisco-born social justice educator, is the author of "White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism". Her exploration of white people's defensiveness in the face of their own biases was originally published back in 2018, but after ongoing protests against the killing of George Floyd and other Black people at the hands of police, the book was included in many recent reading lists on race. It's now #1 on The New York Times nonfiction best sellers list.

To DiAngelo, white people's unwillingness to see themselves as complicit in a racist system — and their ensuing "fragility" on the subject — is actively hampering the anti-racism movement. As she says, true progress can come only when they acknowledge their own biases. "That idea that 'I'm not racist,'" she said, "is not changing racism. We have to come from a fundamentally different paradigm."

https://www.kqed.org/news/11825805/...angelo-on-white-fragility-and-the-way-forward

• Haha
Reactions: Mowich

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Like all the so-called SJW's on this forum.

'People Will Insist That They are Not Racist': Robin DiAngelo on 'White Fragility' and the Way Forward

DiAngelo, a San Francisco-born social justice educator, is the author of "White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism". Her exploration of white people's defensiveness in the face of their own biases was originally published back in 2018, but after ongoing protests against the killing of George Floyd and other Black people at the hands of police, the book was included in many recent reading lists on race. It's now #1 on The New York Times nonfiction best sellers list.

To DiAngelo, white people's unwillingness to see themselves as complicit in a racist system — and their ensuing "fragility" on the subject — is actively hampering the anti-racism movement. As she says, true progress can come only when they acknowledge their own biases. "That idea that 'I'm not racist,'" she said, "is not changing racism. We have to come from a fundamentally different paradigm."

https://www.kqed.org/news/11825805/...angelo-on-white-fragility-and-the-way-forward

Fixed your first line for accuracy.

Reactions: taxslave and Mowich

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Systemic racism affects all of us.

So you can take your ftfy and shove it up your :)
And yet you felt the need to single out conservatives. So take your bullshit moralizing and go f*ck yourself ya goddam hypocrite.

"Oooo look at me, I suddenly care about systemic racism because it's the leftard flavour of the month".

You know what racism is asshole? Racism is when f*cking stupid leftards claim they are protesting the CGL pipeline in solidarity with the Wet'suwet'en even though 85% of the Wet'suwet'en were all for the pipeline. You racist leftard scum bags only give a shit about People of Colour when you can use them to shove your bullshit ideology down everyone's throat.

Reactions: taxslave and Mowich

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
And yet you felt the need to single out conservatives. So take your bullshit moralizing and go f*ck yourself ya goddam hypocrite.
"Oooo look at me, I suddenly care about systemic racism because it's the leftard flavour of the month".
You know what racism is asshole? Racism is when f*cking stupid leftards claim they are protesting the CGL pipeline in solidarity with the Wet'suwet'en even though 85% of the Wet'suwet'en were all for the pipeline. You racist leftard scum bags only give a shit about People of Colour when you can use them to shove your bullshit ideology down everyone's throat.

I singled out no one.

Stop being such a narcissist.

• Haha

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Completely fair and accurate criticism.

If only you could turn that analytical eye on yourself and your cohort.

The fact that the "leftards" are often wrong doesn't make you always right.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Completely fair and accurate criticism.

If only you could turn that analytical eye on yourself and your cohort.

The fact that the "leftards" are often wrong doesn't make you always right.
Never said I was. I've been wrong a few times in here. The difference is I've admitted when I was wrong instead of doubling down on stupidity. And what "cohort" exactly are you talking about? As far as I can tell, there are precious few Centrists left in the West.

Did you suggest turning that analytical eye on myself because I don't buy into BLM's bullshit narrative? Should I just take the word of people who are admittedly "trained Marxists", while several members, including some founders of local BLM chapters, are busy channeling their inner Hitler?
Or maybe it's because I refuse to ignore the murders by police of people who aren't Black?
Or maybe you said that because of team names. I dunno.

Nick Cannon had his show Wild 'n' Out cancelled by Viacom because he engaged in blatant racist hate speech. Oprah decided to pick up his show for her network. So it seems Oprah is fine with BLACK people channeling their inner Hitler and labeling two groups of people as "subhuman" etc, Whites and Jews.

Are the lights coming on yet?

The Associated Press announced that while they will capitalize the word "black" when referring to race, culture and anything else that's a defining characteristic of that community, "white" will still be in small letters under the same circumstances. You know what's funny about that? I have ALWAYS capitalized White, Black, Brown etc when referring to race, culture etc. Except for religions. I refuse to legitimize them by capitalizing them. I regard communism and nazism to be religions too btw.

And FYI, calling a group "subhuman" is an emotional trigger (like all propaganda is). It's intended to make your followers more accepting of your violent plans and inclinations towards said group. It may also encourage them to take an active part in it.

This is how un-funny it is. Yusra Khogali is the founder (or co-founder) of BLM Toronto. She went on a tirade about Whiteness being a defect, "melanin deficiency" is a sickness, Whites are "subhumxn". She'd "like to kill all White people". A while later she's receiving a "Women's Leader of the Year Award" or some such and there's Mayor John Tory of Toronto standing there on the same platform, looking rather uncomfortable about "having to" support someone who had called him a defective subhuman she'd like to kill, lest he be called a racist (or "transphobe") for not being there.

I'm not the problem dude. I'm not even part of it. I'm looking through an unfiltered lens at what's going on and you and I both know it's bullshit. Antifa isn't anti-fascist, because anybody who doesn't think JUST LIKE THEM is a fascist in their eyes. They claim they were formed by the communists as a response to the Brown Shirts. Which is a nice re-writing of history since Hitler got the inspiration for his Brown Shirts from watching the communist goon squads in action. Those commie goon squads were simply given the name "antifa" later on but they were active well before fascism even became a thing. Fascism was simply a direct response to the growing communist violence. If there had been no pieces of shit like antifa in their pre-"formal" name days, there likely would have been no fascism.
Extremism begets extremism and in the case of the ALT-left, this time they're running straight towards a self-fulfilling prophecy of another rise of the ALT-right.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Wow! Jin, baby, you need to take a Valium or three before you blow an artery in your neck. Or smoke a fatty. Man, you are some tampon: uptight and out of sight.

• Haha

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Wow! Jin, baby, you need to take a Valium or three before you blow an artery in your neck. Or smoke a fatty. Man, you are some tampon: uptight and out of sight.
How are your extinct brothers ?