What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
So the latest thing I've been playing with is the common household egg. :smile:

Ramequins are a small dish like what you might use for a souffle but smaller.
Grease with butter or oil atomizer and place the "treat". This can be anything you like, but I prefer a smokey Gouda cheese. Cut into small bits, use only enough to almost cover the bottom of the dish. Over this crack an egg which should nearly fill the dish. A top the egg, salt and pepper to taste add a pinch of dill and a good pinch of Parmesan or Romano cheese.

One of these is usually plenty for one person so two dishes for two and so on.
Place the filled Ramequins into the cooking dish and fill with boiling water.
Place cooking dish with Ramequins into over at 425 for about 7 to 10 minutes or desired softness of egg.

Slice a fresh loaf of french or italian bread into thick pieces. Toast and butter two per serving. Once eggs are done remove and dip toast into soft yokes and enjoy.

Fantasic for a weekend when you want to spoil yourself and someone special.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
That sounds delicious Unf!

I may try that - sounds quick and easy too.

Once you try it and get the method down it is pretty easy to whip up.
Changing the ingredients makes a big difference too. I've tried salmon
as the treat and other cheeses too. Blue works well if you like that.

Salsa and mozza'cheddar work nicely with some hot spices too.

Eggs are incredible with how versatile they are.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It sounds great. I do something just about like that but I am a bit of a pig and I use two eggs.....I think my dishes might be a little larger....I use the same dishes for Creme Broule(sp) I've used several different cheeses and smoked salmon, as well as crumbled bacon.

Another dish I have done as a quick meal is eggs poached in stewed tomatoes. I just pour a can of Hunt's stewed tomatoes into a frying pan with a lid and heat it to simmering. I then break in two eggs per person (up to four eggs) right on top of the tomatoes.........It helps to make little spaces with a spoon in the tomatoes for the eggs. Cover and simmer until the egg whites are solid....about four or five minutes. Serve hot eggs and tomatoes with toasted French bread. Cheese is optional.....as is fresh chopped basil.
Cheers...:smile:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
mmmmmmmmmm. I could think of a few variations on that theme too Juan.

Originally the recipe came from Better Homes and Gardens or something like that and it was a lot more complicated. I've simplified it a bit...........I once served it to the kids over noodles (out of bread for toast)with grated cheese on top.....They ate it with no complaints....but they were polite kids....:roll::smile:

Brat

Electoral Member
May 30, 2007
I believe I have said this before ( In that other place) a long time ago. I have got to get you to cook for me some day!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I believe I have said this before ( In that other place) a long time ago. I have got to get you to cook for me some day!

What do you like to eat? Maybe we can do something....:smile:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

I would be my pleasure Brat! It would be great to take a weekend up at our friend's place in the summer. Drive up in the motorhome and bring the kids and the dogs, cut them all loose, and just hang out. Plenty of room for DaS to bring his rig too! We could do ribs. I think the wife can acutally kill people with the ribs. :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

My bad. I thought Brat was somebody I might have known on an earlier forum....:roll:

Brat

Electoral Member
May 30, 2007
Unforgiven, that sounds like an awesome idea! We should seriously think about that one.

And #Juan, if you want to cook for me Honey, I wouldn't stop you. *Wink*

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Unforgiven, that sounds like an awesome idea! We should seriously think about that one.

And #Juan, if you want to cook for me Honey, I wouldn't stop you. *Wink*

We are having roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings for Sunday dinner. What time can you both make it?.......:lol:

PS....Pecan pie with ice cream for desert...:lol:

Brat

Electoral Member
May 30, 2007
We are having roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings for Sunday dinner. What time can you both make it?.......:lol:

PS....Pecan pie with ice cream for desert...:lol:

*Wipes drool from chin* Umm, How long does it take to drive from Ontario to BC? We might make it for leftovers.......

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Juan

Pecan Pie? Can I piggyback on that invite?

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
lol Unf - no worries, I probably wouldn't make it to the couch - I'll just slide off me chair and rest there a bit til someone rolls me back to the plane. :lol:

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
here's a quickie ommellette i tossed together....
We had some chunky salsa el paso brand and some cheddar left over from nachos.....

I drained the salsa and threw out the water....

poured that over the ommelltte with grated cheddar....folded and finished the omlette....wow instant fun for breaky....