What if it were Global Cooling?

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
I'm all in favour of taking care of the environment, but what if climate change is natural?

Here's a theory, what if instead of Global Warming, we were experiencing Global Cooling. We all know that numerous ice ages have occurred in the history of the Earth, by no fault of humankind. What if we were headed into a period of glaciations? What would the world say?

Many of the consequences of global warming would occur if the temperatures moved in the opposite way. I mean, most of Canada would be lost due to extending glaciers. Sea levels would decrease making coast areas inland. Many species would probably die off since biodiversity is greatest in the warmest regions of the planet.

Would people do nothing and continue as is and let entire countries be wiped off the map possibly for thousands of years. I mean, what would we say then?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: What if it were Globa

Ice ages take a long time to occur though, Das...at least the naturally occurring ones do. Plants and animals have time to adapt.

The speed at which global warming is occurring could toss us into a snap ice age though. The earth tends to correct it's own systems, but that correction is a bitch.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
actually, it has been proposed that we should already have had another ice age but because humans altering the environment beginning 8000 years ago with the first tilling of the soils we have postponed it.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Yes, its quite true that the earth goes thru natural cooling -warming phases, extremes too.

There are differences when it happens 'artificially' though, and the 150million tonnes of CO2 each year [and still growing] we emit into the atmosphere has to have some effect.

Scientific consensus says that effect is "climate change thru global warming".

One effect of this 'artificial' gw is likely going to be that the Gulf stream shuts down, and there will be cooling from that in some areas.
Thats the thing tho - SOME AREAS will experience cooling and other areas drought, maybe hurricanes are stronger where you live. The OVERALL effect is warming, measureable , been measured, and measures at about 4.5oC of warming over natural temperature averages due to the greenhouse gasses we have emitted so far.

K - read the facts, its real.
When the Insurance industry has to face it, its real.

"2005 Costliest Year for Extreme Weather" :
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/120705E.shtml

Many links to articles on global warming:
http://www.truthout.org/environment.shtml

Climate Change Portal and Search Engine:
http://www.climateark.org/

THE THREATS OF CLIMATE CHANGE:
http://www.mng.org.uk/green_house/threat/threat.htm

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
History shows that usually when global warming spikes is when something like an unusually large forest fire or the Occasional big Volcano eruption occurs. Naturally they happen now and again.

But In our case People are making a similar expulsion of toxins, except that it's not on and off. It's more or less constant.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Re: What if it were Globa

Ice ages take a long time to occur though, Das...at least the naturally occurring ones do. Plants and animals have time to adapt.

The speed at which global warming is occurring could toss us into a snap ice age though. The earth tends to correct it's own systems, but that correction is a bitch.

Screw you Rev Blair! You moron.

lol.

ES got all necrothread like!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I guess he had just watched the movie "Day after tomorrow" when he wrote that OP.......That's the theory in that movie and a favorite of all global warming alarmist....Carbon dioxide will cause both heat and cold.......How can you loose in your predictions:roll:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I guess he had just watched the movie "Day after tomorrow" when he wrote that OP.......That's the theory in that movie and a favorite of all global warming alarmist....Carbon dioxide will cause both heat and cold.......How can you loose in your predictions:roll:

I just saw Rev's post in this.

Nobody tried to get me banned more than the Rev. Blair! Nobody. He harkens back to the days that Gopher sadly reminisces about. He left when the powers that be put their foot down and allowed debate. Tards like him and Breezy could not handle it.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I just saw Rev's post in this.

Nobody tried to get me banned more than the Rev. Blair! Nobody. He harkens back to the days that Gopher sadly reminisces about. He left when the powers that be put their foot down and allowed debate. Tards like him and Breezy could not handle it.

Personally, I hope they keep you around. You make me look so much more intelligent than I actually am! :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Personally, I hope they keep you around. You make me look so much more intelligent than I actually am! :lol:

No, pretty much everyone knows you're not that bright.

But I suppose your ignorance is what being a moron is all about!

Enjoy!

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
No, pretty much everyone knows you're not that bright.

But I suppose your ignorance is what being a moron is all about!

Enjoy!

If I'm not that bright, and you make me look smart, where does that leave you? Roundabout the level of a prawn, I'd guess. :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If I'm not that bright, and you make me look smart, where does that leave you? Roundabout the level of a prawn, I'd guess. :lol:

That is what must be so awesome with being slow Zip... your reality is different than everyone else!

Enjoy!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So I gather according to you, I represent the slow one (Hulk) in the picture you chose toi illustrate your point.

Fail! ha ha ha

You completely missed it.

See what I mean by your alternate reality!

(not too mention you thinking the Hulk is slow. Again... you are disconnected with reality.)

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
You completely missed it.

See what I mean by your alternate reality!

(not too mention you thinking the Hulk is slow. Again... you are disconnected with reality.)

I suppose I shouldn't call Hulk slow--he's brilliant compared to a prawnbrain like you. HULK SMASH!!!! :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I suppose I shouldn't call Hulk slow--he's brilliant compared to a prawnbrain like you. HULK SMASH!!!! :lol:

Wow... I am so in your head aren't I?! I love it.

So you're wrong again and still living in the world of the intellectually challenged.

(prawnbrain...oh you are brilliant!)