Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Why We Hate

By
Alaskan Bush People
discovery.com

Throughout history, hate and conflict have been part of the human experience. From horrific extremes such as the Holocaust or the Rwandan genocide, when hate has fueled mass destruction, to everyday incidents like playground bullying or malicious trolling on social media, hate shapes our lives in myriad ways. And while all humans have the capacity to hate, few understand what sparks it and transforms it into a destructive force.

Executive produced by filmmaking heavyweights Alex Gibney and Steven Spielberg and directed by Geeta Gandbhir and Sam Pollard (Emmy® winners for “When The Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts”), WHY WE HATE explores one of humanity’s most primal and destructive emotions – hate. At the heart of this timely series is the notion that if people begin to understand their own minds, they can find ways to work against hate and keep it from spreading.

www.discovery.com/shows/why-we-hate

:thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Why We Hate
By
Alaskan Bush People
discovery.com
Throughout history, hate and conflict have been part of the human experience. From horrific extremes such as the Holocaust or the Rwandan genocide, when hate has fueled mass destruction, to everyday incidents like playground bullying or malicious trolling on social media, hate shapes our lives in myriad ways. And while all humans have the capacity to hate, few understand what sparks it and transforms it into a destructive force.
Executive produced by filmmaking heavyweights Alex Gibney and Steven Spielberg and directed by Geeta Gandbhir and Sam Pollard (Emmy® winners for “When The Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts”), WHY WE HATE explores one of humanity’s most primal and destructive emotions – hate. At the heart of this timely series is the notion that if people begin to understand their own minds, they can find ways to work against hate and keep it from spreading.
www.discovery.com/shows/why-we-hate
:thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

PGS should watch it.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

www.nationalgeographic.com.au/tv/drain-the-titanic/

Drain The Titanic The most famous shipwreck in the world, the Titanic, lies over 12,000 feet down in the icy waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Since the discovery of the wreck in 1985, there have been numerous expeditions to the site, but until now, no one has ever recorded the full extent of what really remains on this remote area of seabed. Now, over a century on from her tragic loss, we are able to reveal the overall wreck site: we will virtually drain the Titanic. Spectacular new visualisation techniques will depict this ‘draining’ process and offer viewers a ringside view for the emergence of the wreck from the waves – seen in full for the first time since April 15th 1912. Virtual fly-pasts enable us to explore the wreck site and tackle some long-standing mysteries. New science is painting a clearer picture of how the Titanic actually sank, and new theories are now emerging on how and when she actually broke apart, how she reached the seabed, and what has happened to the wreck in the course of a century underwater. With this information, not only do scientists have a phenomenal resource for tracking the status of the wreck, but it also means we can look into the future and see the eventual fate of the ship thought to be unsinkable.

docuwiki.net/index.php?title=Drain_the_Titanic

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
James May: Reassembler

Former Top Gear star James May reassembles everyday objects.

In this episode, James tackles a 1957 Bakelite dial telephone - 211 pieces, most of them very small indeed, must be reassembled in the correct order if this telephone is ever to ring again. From the receiver with its carbon filings that enable speech to be amplified, to the electrical pulses created by the dial itself that connect the phone to the outside world, James soon discovers that every single piece of the telephone played a crucial role in revolutionising communication around the world.

James May: Reassembler

James is faced with the 331 pieces that make up a 1959 petrol lawnmower. The Suffolk Colt helped make mowing accessible to the masses by producing a smaller and affordable machine to keep our nation's lawns at regulation height. As this is a petrol lawnmower, James's first task is to put the engine back together before he gets to grips with the gearing, the clutch and the blades themselves. Armed only with his toolbox and an endless supply of tea, James experiences the highs and lows only possible when attempting to put history back together again, piece by piece.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
I recently watched the movie Once Upon a Time In Hollywood, pretty good. I won't spoil the ending for those who haven't seen it, but the ending is worth the price of watching the whole thing.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Excellent and comprehensive series. The best you will ever see on this terrible war.
It was the third time I've watched it, Avro. There is so much to take in that I've found I learn more about the war every time I watch it. Also, I am a huge fan of Ken Burns and have seen everyone of his documentaries - each of which I would highly recommend watching.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Last night I stumbled across a very old movie on Youtube starring Vincent Price, it was called The Last Man Alive, the acting was horrid but I couldn't look away as I found some of the small parallels to what's happening in the world today uncanny.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Watching the SpaceX astronauts returning to Earth. Their names are Bob and Doug and every time the commentators say the astronauts names I go into conniptions cuz I keep thinking of Bob and Doug McKenzie.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The Standing Committee on Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics and being thoroughly entertained by all the liberal MPs who are inherently unable to answer a yes or no question................with a simple yes or no.