“We’re all in this together, you idiots!”

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Manitoba’s premier turns to racist dog whistle politics as his approval ratings nosedive over his mishandling of the pandemic

The genocide-denying Globe and Mail has an op-ed from Gary Mason yesterday titled "Pallister has his finest moment as Manitoba's Premier" for the press conference given the same day he refused to commit to giving First Nations communities access to a covid vaccine.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Then you're a diseased sinner until you do get a vaccine or once you get CV2 and miraculously survive.
It is what it is Petros, By the time the priority list gets around to me any short term downside will have revealed itself. Long term effects are anybody's guess, so who cares ?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So you are willing to sacrifice others as you sit it out as a potential source of transmission?

Why not just seek out the virus and get it over with, avoid the vaccine and stymie yourself as a spreader?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
So you are willing to sacrifice others as you sit it out as a potential source of transmission?

Why not just seek out the virus and get it over with, avoid the vaccine and stymie yourself as a spreader?
Don't be a dink petros, that's not what I said at all. I only go out when necessary and when I do I mask, distance, sanitize and self monitor. There are plenty of people who have a greater need for the vaccine than I, and the health authorities will see that the supply they receive goes first where the need is greatest. We've been told in BC that it will likely be sometime next fall before everyone who wants a shot actually gets one so I'm saying that by the time it gets around to me any immediate problems with the vaccine will have become apparent.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Don't be a dink petros, that's not what I said at all. I only go out when necessary and when I do I mask, distance, sanitize and self monitor. There are plenty of people who have a greater need for the vaccine than I, and the health authorities will see that the supply they receive goes first where the need is greatest. We've been told in BC that it will likely be sometime next fall before everyone who wants a shot actually gets one so I'm saying that by the time it gets around to me any immediate problems with the vaccine will have become
Why wait and hide? Getting sick for 3 days isnt going to kill you or maim you or get anyone else sick. You're still going to get mildly ill from the vaccine, whats the difference?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Why wait and hide? Getting sick for 3 days isnt going to kill you or maim you or get anyone else sick. You're still going to get mildly ill from the vaccine, whats the difference?
From what I've read recovery time varies between two and six weeks, during which the patient must remain isolated. For me that means missing work and that is costly.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
According to True North this morning a couple of workers got a $298 fine for not masking while having a coffee outside. Now aside from there being no current law about wearing a mask outside, how do you drink a coffee with a mask on?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's 3 days off and back at it like any other flu that takes 2 weeks to get completely over.

Have you ever taken 2 weeks off to recover from flu or just take some farting, coughing, wheezy, itchy, scratchy shitty pants "get back to work medicine"?

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Curious how working from home comes into play with sick leave for PSAC employees.

I'm guessing lump sum payments which really does sound like having the cake and eating it too.

Reactions: taxslave

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Justice Centre files legal action against Manitoba lockdowns​

brianpallister-1024x683.jpg

Dec 10th, 2020

WINNIPEG: The Justice Centre has filed a legal action in the Court of Queen’s Bench challenging sections of The Public Health Act and Orders made by Manitoba’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Brent Roussin, to end the violation of Manitobans’ Charter freedoms. The Justice Centre is representing seven churches, a minister, a deacon, the owners of a restaurant in Winkler, Manitoba, and an individual fined for exercising his Charter rights to peacefully protest at a rally in Steinbach, Manitoba.

The Justice Centre’s filed lawsuit alleges that Orders under The Public Health Act of Manitoba are outside of the authority of Manitoba, because law-making is in the exclusive jurisdiction of the Legislature.

The lawsuit also states that Manitoba’s lockdown measures are not justified violations of the Charter-protected freedoms of conscience, religion, expression, and peaceful assembly.

The action also contends that Manitoba and Dr. Roussin failed to consider the collateral social and health costs of locking down society.

“Locking down the majority of a healthy society is not necessary to protect those most at risk from COVID-19. The lockdowns are devastating society on multiple socio-economic and constitutional levels, and harming the well-being of citizens,” states Allison Pejovic, Staff Lawyer for the Justice Centre.

The lawsuit claims that the PCR Test, the tool used to diagnose COVID-19 in Manitoba, produces unreliable and misleading data and that Manitoba and Dr. Roussin knew or ought to have known of this unreliability.

The legal action in Manitoba follows legal action filed against the Alberta government on December 4, 2020. The Manitoba legal challenge is scheduled for a short hearing on December 17, 2020 in order for the parties to discuss preliminary scheduling matters with a judge. The full hearing on the constitutional issues will be heard sometime in 2021. A date has not yet been set.

The Justice Centre has been inundated with hundreds of emails from people in Manitoba who are being financially ruined by lockdowns, suffering harm to mental health, losing their businesses, unable to see their elderly parents, and being denied critical health care for conditions other than COVID-19. The government has told stores what they can sell, and restricted the sale of items deemed Dr. Roussin as “non-essential” such as books, makeup, toys, and other everyday products.

Dr. Roussin has stated that pursuant to the public health orders, only household members are allowed indoors or outdoors on Manitobans’ own properties. “So you couldn’t have people over that are not household members in your garage, you couldn’t have them in the back for a fire,” he told CTV news on December 9, 2020. On December 8 the Manitoba government announced it had extended restrictions into the New Year on January 8, 2021, effectively cancelling any gathering with extended family over Christmas.

“Politicians have not put forward any persuasive evidence that lockdowns have actually saved lives. At the same time, there is no question that lockdowns have caused grave harm to millions of Canadians suffering unemployment, poverty, cancelled surgeries, suicides, isolation and the loss of their liberty,” states Ms. Pejovic.

“The scale of the government’s infringement on Canadians’ Charter-protected rights and freedoms as a result of Manitoba’s response to Covid-19 is unprecedented,” continues Ms. Pejovic, “It is past time that the constitutionality of these restrictions and prohibitions are adjudicated by a fair and impartial court that looks at facts and evidence.”

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose