WE really need to get rid of this guy

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I agree with almost everything you said except the Jan 6th part. Exactly WHAT did he say/do that makes whatever he said/do criminal? Please explains as no one, to date, has provided me with an explanation. I've asked repeatedly to no avail. I understand he's an egotist, exaggerates, bloviates etc. but what has he done that was illegal? Serious question.
Enjoy!

Trump's 91 Criminal Charges

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
All 91 charges are just that. Charges. Nothing has been proven to date. THAT is what I'm talking about & not for just for Trump. Others have been slandered by innuendo not facts. Just sayin'
If a leftard thinks it, it is fact.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
All 91 charges are just that. Charges. Nothing has been proven to date. THAT is what I'm talking about & not for just for Trump. Others have been slandered by innuendo not facts. Just sayin'
I think the charges are in the process of having their day in court. It is fair to say Trump has been charged 91 times. Until found guilty, one cannot say he is guilty of anything.

That being said, if you were in vegas and saw that someone had 91 charges against them, what would the odds be at least one would stick?

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I think the charges are in the process of having their day in court. It is fair to say Trump has been charged 91 times. Until found guilty, one cannot say he is guilty of anything.

That being said, if you were in vegas and saw that someone had 91 charges against them, what would the odds be at least one would stick?
Totally depends on which party is in control of the state the charges are laid in.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, they're free to sue. Something Trump has proven himself willing and happy to do for quite a spell now.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I agree with almost everything you said except the Jan 6th part. Exactly WHAT did he say/do that makes whatever he said/do criminal? Please explains as no one, to date, has provided me with an explanation. I've asked repeatedly to no avail. I understand he's an egotist, exaggerates, bloviates etc. but what has he done that was illegal? Serious question.
He incited a riot that killed six people. He tried to circumvent the election. Roger Stone is on video record as laying out their strategy. "We seed doubt. We take it to the courts and the judges we appointed. "

Donald Trump, “I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have,” Mr. Trump said during the conversation, according to a recording first obtained by The Washington Post, which published it online Sunday. The New York Times also acquired a recording of Mr. Trump’s call.

The president, who will be in charge of the Justice Department for the 17 days left in his administration, hinted that Mr. Raffensperger and Ryan Germany, the chief lawyer for secretary of state’s office, could be prosecuted criminally if they did not do his bidding."

From the moment he started squawking about election fraud (which was long before the election was called) it was clear what the intent was. Stone and Trump himself confirmed it with their action and their words. He should be in jail, instead he pardoned Roger Stone. It was a disgusting assault on the republic and the will of the people.

Dixie you don't believe that, right?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Trudeau really did grab a teenage student by the pussy.

If you have $10 to pay BC Courts you can access the case where someone was ran over (fatality?) by a stoned Trudeau and swept under the rug.

Oh shit that right too. Trudeau has been to raves thrown by a serial killer in Port Coquitlam. Crack parties in Rob Boyds house in Whistler...
Those are pretty bold statements. How come NP or The Globe hasn't reported on this?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Those are pretty bold statements. How come NP or The Globe hasn't reported on this?
They've tried. Sealed files at the time and now gone. It wasnt just a fender bender. It was a pedestrian and impaired as fuck.

As for Whistler. Mid 1990s Brothers Trudeau were well established characters. If you were a staffer everyone knew each other and the "Tram-house" in Emerald was thee party house. Personally never was at a function with Justin but the brother yes.

As for the Piggy Palace same goes. If you didnt do the raves at Piggy Palace you werent alive.

(Edit)

Chantler argued the inquiry should have such crucial RCMP documents as profiles done of both Robert and his brother Dave Pickton and the Hell’s Angels cohorts or hangers-on at the Pickton family business, the after-hours drinking spot Piggy’s Palace. (Dave Pickton’s nickname was Piggy and Piggy’s Palace was frequented by many off-duty officers and even municipal politicians.)

INCLUDING A PM to be...

Last edited:

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
He incited a riot that killed six people. He tried to circumvent the election. Roger Stone is on video record as laying out their strategy. "We seed doubt. We take it to the courts and the judges we appointed. "

Donald Trump, “I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have,” Mr. Trump said during the conversation, according to a recording first obtained by The Washington Post, which published it online Sunday. The New York Times also acquired a recording of Mr. Trump’s call.

The president, who will be in charge of the Justice Department for the 17 days left in his administration, hinted that Mr. Raffensperger and Ryan Germany, the chief lawyer for secretary of state’s office, could be prosecuted criminally if they did not do his bidding."

From the moment he started squawking about election fraud (which was long before the election was called) it was clear what the intent was. Stone and Trump himself confirmed it with their action and their words. He should be in jail, instead he pardoned Roger Stone. It was a disgusting assault on the republic and the will of the people.

Dixie you don't believe that, right?
This is the FIRST TIME that I have had a response. Thank you for that. I hate it when people make assumptions without providing proof of anything being stated. So I thank you for this & it will allow me to further investigate. If true, then of course he should be prosecuted. But until this very minute, anything that I have read have been exactly that - assumptions, suggestions, inference et al. Has any of this been proven in a court of law? He's been charged but not found guilty.

In fact, a judge in NY determined he was guilty of fraud without even going to court so why would I believe anything that was being said? If the evidence being presented in his 91 counts are factual, they need to throw the book at him. Until that happens, he's entitled to his time in court. Lets see what happens.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This is the FIRST TIME that I have had a response. Thank you for that. I hate it when people make assumptions without providing proof of anything being stated. So I thank you for this & it will allow me to further investigate. If true, then of course he should be prosecuted. But until this very minute, anything that I have read have been exactly that - assumptions, suggestions, inference et al. Has any of this been proven in a court of law? He's been charged but not found guilty.

In fact, a judge in NY determined he was guilty of fraud without even going to court so why would I believe anything that was being said? If the evidence being presented in his 91 counts are factual, they need to throw the book at him. Until that happens, he's entitled to his time in court. Lets see what happens.
But but but.....Truuuuuuump. MAGA pussy grabbing racism.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Justin Trudeau spends Christmas vacation at luxury estate in Jamaica
The vacation property, a former slave plantation, can cost $7,000 a night over Christmas but the PM's stay was a gift from a 'friend'

Author of the article:Brian Lilley
Published Jan 04, 2024 • Last updated 22 hours ago • 3 minute read
It's believed Prime Minister Justin Trudeau vacationed at this luxurious beachfront villa dubbed the Frankfort at Prospect Estate in Jamaica, a former slave plantation, from Dec. 26, 2023, to Jan. 4, 2024.
It's believed Prime Minister Justin Trudeau vacationed at this luxurious beachfront villa dubbed the Frankfort at Prospect Estate in Jamaica, a former slave plantation, from Dec. 26, 2023, to Jan. 4, 2024.
Justin Trudeau’s latest vacation at a former slave plantation in Jamaica came with a very expensive gift from a friend.

After initially saying Trudeau and his family would be paying to cover the cost of their vacation, the PMO announced Wednesday the family stayed “at no cost at a location owned by family friends.”

That location, the Prospect Estate in Jamaica, is owned by the Green family who have been close to the Trudeau’s for years. In fact, Trudeau stayed at this same property last Christmas.

It’s unclear if he stayed in the Great House of this former sugar plantation, which once boasted as many as 162 slaves, or in one of the other homes such as Frankfort. Either way, it comes with a hefty price tag.

Frankfort currently rents out for $7,000 USD per night meaning the nine-night trip – from Dec. 26 to Jan. 4 – came at a cost of $63,000 USD or $84,000 CAD just for the accommodation.

Nothing says your leaders understand the affordability crisis that Canadians are facing more than taking a vacation like this.

“Originally a fortified residence dating back to the 17th century, Frankfort is perhaps the most desirable north coast villa in Jamaica,” the estate’s website says.

“The property offers six, en suite bedrooms. Three bedrooms are located in the main building and three in the beach-side villa known as the ‘School house’. The main house and School house overlook a spectacular three hundred foot, powdery white sand beach, widely hailed as the best stretch of private beach in Jamaica.”

Not bad digs if you can get them or have a friend who simply gives them to you.

The property also comes with a “luxurious swimming pool” that overlooks the ocean, a hot tub that seats eight and an outdoor dining room for 12.

Trudeau has a real taste for living the luxurious lifestyle whether it’s been vacations to Fogo Island, staying at the Aga Khan’s private island or booking a $6,000 per night hotel suite with a butler for the Queen’s funeral.

The only good part of this vacation is that we aren’t paying for Trudeau’s accommodations – although taxpayers will still foot a significant bill for the staff who travelled with him, space to accommodate his mobile office, the RCMP accommodations and keeping the flight crew on hand.

Documents tabled in Parliament showed his vacation to Jamaica last year cost taxpayers at least $162,000 for those expenses. As for Trudeau’s flight, while it may sound like he is paying for that, the reality is he will only reimburse taxpayers for the cost of a similar flight to Jamaica on a commercial flight.

Bottom line, his luxury vacation comes with a big price tag for you while he takes a questionable $84,000 gift from a “friend.”

Trudeau’s office said he cleared this trip, and we assume the gifted accommodations, with the Ethics Commissioner before he left. It’s probably best for Trudeau to do that given that he tried claiming he took the trip to the Aga Khan’s Island from a “friend” as well, though the Ethics Commissioner later ruled Trudeau had used that word loosely and the trip was a violation of the ethics act.

Given the headaches vacations have caused Trudeau, it’s amazing he still takes them.

From violating ethics rules, to generating bad headlines over multiple flights, surfing on the first Truth and Reconciliation Day, to even an odd haircut, vacations have not been good to Trudeau. Now, with Canadians concerned about the cost of living, the out-of-control cost of housing in both rents and mortgages, he takes a vacation at a spot like this.

If Trudeau was hoping to turn things around politically in 2024, he picked a bad way to start the year.

blilley@postmedia.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Former Liberal minister paid $5,600 for speech to federal agency: Report
Author of the article:postmedia News
Published Jan 04, 2024 • Last updated 1 day ago • 2 minute read

Maryam Monsef, the former Gender Equality Minister, was reportedly paid more than $5,600 for a speech to a federal agency last year.

According to Blacklock’s Reporter, government records tabled in an Inquiry Of Ministry show Monsef spoke to the Impact Assessment Agency on March 29 and was paid $5,650 for her appearance.

Monsef, who lost re-election in September 2021 by 2,738 votes to Conservative MP Michelle Ferrari, is now a motivational speaker for her company Onward with Maryam.

“Onward is about channeling the power of relationships for personal and professional development,” Monsef wrote in a mission statement.

Ferrari, who represents the Peterborough–Kawartha riding, sought details of “expenditures by any department, agency, Crown corporation or other government entity involving ‘Onward’ or Maryam Monsef.”

The Canada Revenue Agency said it did a thorough search of its records but couldn’t find a vendor profile for ‘Onward’ or ‘Maryam Monsef’.

“In the corporate administrative system a vendor profile is required for payments to be made to a supplier,” wrote CRA. “For additional certainty however, the Agency performed text searches within its financial systems using specific key words ‘Onward,’ ‘Maryam Monsef,’ ‘Maryam’ and ‘Monsef’ for payments without reference to a contract, payments using an acquisition card and payments against a contract.”

During a press briefing on Aug. 25, 2021, 10 days into the election campaign, Monsef referred to the Taliban as “our brothers.”

“I want to take this opportunity to speak to our brothers, the Taliban,” Monsef said. “We call on you to ensure the safe and secure passage of any individuals in Afghanistan out of the country.”

A reporter asked Monsef to clarify her remarks.

“Muslims refer to one another as brothers and sisters,” replied Monsef.

“The reference to brothers is a cultural reference of course. But let me be very clear. We do not support the Taliban.”

Monsef went on to lose that election and was just 28 days shy of qualifying for a parliamentary pension that averages more than $71,000 a year.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Sorry, but Canada leaving the United Nations isn't that crazy of an idea
Those shocked at a petition calling for Canada to leave the UN should look at its record instead

Published Jan 04, 2024 • Last updated 23 hours ago • 3 minute read

Leslyn Lewis, the Conservative MP for Haldimand-Norfolk, has sponsored a petition that calls on Canada to leave the UN.
The Justin Trudeau Liberals and some in the Canadian media appear worried that Conservative MP Leslyn Lewis doesn’t hold the United Nations in high regard. Given their recent track record on several fronts, no one should hold them in high regard.

Lewis has long been a critic of the UN, and at times a harsh one, but it is her sponsoring of a petition from a private citizen that has the Liberals trying to sell a story. Petition E-4623 was started by a private citizen, Doug Porter of Burnaby, B.C., but like any online petition on the parliamentary website it needed an MP to sponsor it.

Enter Lewis, who has also been promoting the petition, which had just over 67,000 signatures on Thursday evening and called on Canada to leave the UN. The Globe and Mail cited Mohammad Hussain, a spokesperson for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, as saying Lewis supporting the petition raises questions.

“Make no mistake, when someone posts a petition it’s because they agree with it. What is it about the UN that Conservatives don’t like?” Hussain said in a statement quoted by The Globe.

“Is it the work they do for children around the world, is it their programs to support women’s rights and human rights?”

What might be better to ask is whether the Trudeau government, with their strong support of the UN, backs terrorist organizations like Hamas?

Since Oct. 7, the already questionable UN has utterly embarrassed itself as revelations about UN agencies being complicit in supporting Hamas have come forward. Groups like the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) knew full well that Hamas was using hospitals as a front for their tunnel system and to hide weapons and hostages in, but they did nothing.

The UN General Assembly has been quick to condemn Israel, will not condemn Hamas and isn’t nearly as vocal about Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine as it is about Israel’s response to the Hamas attacks.

It’s not just the UN’s one-sided response to Israel and Gaza that should have Canadians thinking about leaving the organization, it’s the rest of its efforts. While the UN may have been founded on a righteous idea with strong principles, it is no longer the organization most Canadians think it is.

The UN’s Human Rights Council includes serial rights abusers like China, Cuba, Algeria, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, to name just a few. In November, Iran chaired a special UN Human Rights Council Social Forum at the same time as the regime was continuing to crack down on its citizens.

In 2022, North Korea took over the leadership of the Council on Disarmament, even as North Korea was actively pursuing nuclear weapons and longer-range missiles.

Those are all reasons to reconsider whether the UN is fulfilling its role and whether Canada should continue supporting the organization. Interestingly, those reasons haven’t even touched on why those supporting the petition want Canada to walk away.

The petition says that the UN and its subsidiary organizations like the World Health Organization impose “negative consequences on the people of Canada, far outweighing any benefits.” It also singles out sustainable development goals, the UN Judicial Review and Agenda 2030 as undermining “national sovereignty and personal autonomy.”

Those are real concerns, though overblown by many, and still not as compelling on the reasons-to-leave front as the overall disfunction of the UN.

There are many ways for Canada to engage in a multilateral fashion on the world stage, some of which the Stephen Harper government did while it was in office. Harper leveraged Canada’s middle-power status at organizations like the G7, G20, NATO, OECD, ASEAN and others to see Canada punch above its weight.

Trudeau decided the focus should be on the UN, but hasn’t raised Canada’s voice in a meaningful way. It’s doubtful that Canada would leave the UN under Trudeau or even under a future Conservative government, but we should put our efforts into organizations where we are working alongside democracies and free societies rather than the dictatorships that hold sway at the UN.

The Liberals and many in the media may think Lewis is crazy for advocating that Canada should leave. I think they are crazy for believing the UN still has a useful role to play in the world.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Beware of Liberal gifts in 2024
Author of the article:Special to Toronto Sun
Published Jan 05, 2024 • Last updated 23 hours ago • 2 minute read

By Alexander Brown

On April 17, 1967, my grandfather Colin M. Brown, a man I never had the pleasure of meeting, began taking out full-page ads in Canadian newspapers, to warn the public of Canada’s growing propensity for war-time spending, with no Vietnam to be found.

“All federal political parties, in their race for votes, seem prepared to make Canadians, in all walks of life, the heaviest taxed people in the world,” he wrote, before closing with, “If you share my alarm, your support is welcome.”

From there, Canada’s pioneering small-c conservative non-profit, the National Citizens Coalition, was born.

In the decades since, the group has presided over political battles won and lost, helped alter the landscape of election advertising in this great nation capable of so much more, and even had the Right Hon. Stephen Harper darken its door as president, in the interim period before his near-decade of far-more-responsible-stewardship of the nation’s finances and interests.

If only my grandfather knew then the breadth of his achievement, and the ripple effects his ad would carry in the years far beyond his passing.

And yet, without ever knowing the man, I know that he’d be appalled by just how prophetic his concerns ended up being.

That propensity for reckless war-time spending continued, while our military was laid bare.

Canada’s GDP per capita cannot compete with lowly Mississippi.

We have an environment hostile to entrepreneurs, energy providers, and innovation, unlike the Western world has ever seen.

We have legalized disorder in our streets, the trial balloon of socialized ‘Universal Basic Income,’ veritable ‘puppy mills’ of foreign students and hand-waved PR recipients flooding our crumbling institutions, two entire generations are at risk of never owning homes, and the Liberal government is offering suicide in place of timely healthcare.

Every day, these problems fester like an open wound. Every day, our federal Liberal government, and even risk-averse Conservatives, offer band-aid solutions to problems of too many people, too few services, and far too much red tape.

It’s not hyperbolic to suggest that without a major course-correction, and soon, Canada may find itself on the outside looking in at the Developed World.

These really are the stakes heading into the beginning of the most important election campaign of our lives. If my grandfather were alive today, he’d be doing all that he could to fight these matters of managed decline. To best honour his legacy, I ask that you join me, in whichever way you best see fit.

Get involved with less-ruinous campaigns. Support your favourite writers or more independent media outlets. Chip into third-party groups, and share your wholly common-sense ideals with friends and family, without fear of reprisal.

If it took a village to break a nation, it’s going to take a village to fix it.

If you share my alarm, your support is welcome.

Alexander Brown is the director of communications for the National Citizens Coalition, and the proprietor of the best-selling ‘Acceptable Views’ newsletter on Substack.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Trudeau puts his green agenda above Canadian jobs and wallets
His plans will cost us all plenty, a cost he won't ever have to worry about

Published Jan 05, 2024 • Last updated 23 hours ago • 3 minute read

For all the annoying things that Justin Trudeau does, it’s his policies that are the most aggravating.

Forget his lavish vacations, his embarrassing foreign junkets or his habit of talking down to people, he simply has some ridiculous policies that hurt Canada.

Often, his policies end up being contradictory.

Take his push over the last year to land electric vehicle manufacturing plants in Canada. He went out of his way and took a lot of political heat in offering big tax incentives to land Volkswagen and Stellantis as the anchors of Canada’s future automotive manufacturing base.

Given that the industry is going electric, this was the right thing to do and a smart move. Despite what the critics are saying, this isn’t costing us billions and no money is being handed over, the companies just get tax breaks if they meet some pretty steep production targets.

Then, two weeks ago the Trudeau government announced a new policy to try and force people to buy electric vehicles. The government is mandating that 20% of all passenger vehicles sold in Canada in 2026 must be electric, that jumps to 60% by 2030 and 100% by 2035.

Trudeau has just spent all that effort to get electric vehicle manufacturing here and will now mandate that Canadians buy foreign made electric cars. That’s not just my view, that’s how the industry sees it as well.

Flavio Volpe, president of the Automotive Parts Manufacturers’ Association, stood with Trudeau at both the Stellantis and Volkswagen announcements but sees this latest one as foolish.

“It’s a noble attempt to decarbonize the transportation sector. However, it will only succeed by driving sales of Chinese and Vietnamese imports over the cars made by Canadians,” Volpe said.

That’s a pretty good summary of the problem.

It’s also an example of one department, environment, undermining the industrial policy of the government.

This mandate will be in place before Canadian made EV options are available to consumers who will also be offered a federal and, in some cases, provincial subsidy to buy cars made in China. That will give a competitive advantage to Chinese manufacturers, grow their market share and ensure jobs for Chinese workers instead of Canadian ones.

This is all driven by the zealotry at Environment and Climate Change Canada, which borders on religious.

Right now, the Trudeau government is looking to expand their plastics ban even as a court has struck down the existing ban on items like straws and plastic cutlery. Now, they are looking at ending the use of plastic in food retailing.

They’ve asked the big grocers to come up with ways to use less plastic in packaging the goods that they sell. On the face of it, this is a worthy goal and there is often too much plastic or other material used to display or sell a product.

The problem is plastic has played a key role in keeping our food fresh and safe to eat. Eliminating all plastic, the government’s stated goal, will lead to higher prices and more wasted food according to Dr. Sylvain Charlebois, Canada’s food professor.

At a time when food prices have been rising faster and higher than the inflation rate, this move will only hurt Canadian families, especially those least able to afford it. Like the electric vehicle policy, it appears that the purity of the environmental policy is more important than any impact on Canadians.

The Trudeau Liberals seem intent on going green at any cost, except the cost will be borne by you.

blilley@postmedia.com

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Sorry, but Canada leaving the United Nations isn't that crazy of an idea
Those shocked at a petition calling for Canada to leave the UN should look at its record instead

Published Jan 04, 2024 • Last updated 23 hours ago • 3 minute read

Leslyn Lewis, the Conservative MP for Haldimand-Norfolk, has sponsored a petition that calls on Canada to leave the UN.
The Justin Trudeau Liberals and some in the Canadian media appear worried that Conservative MP Leslyn Lewis doesn’t hold the United Nations in high regard. Given their recent track record on several fronts, no one should hold them in high regard.

Lewis has long been a critic of the UN, and at times a harsh one, but it is her sponsoring of a petition from a private citizen that has the Liberals trying to sell a story. Petition E-4623 was started by a private citizen, Doug Porter of Burnaby, B.C., but like any online petition on the parliamentary website it needed an MP to sponsor it.

Enter Lewis, who has also been promoting the petition, which had just over 67,000 signatures on Thursday evening and called on Canada to leave the UN. The Globe and Mail cited Mohammad Hussain, a spokesperson for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, as saying Lewis supporting the petition raises questions.

“Make no mistake, when someone posts a petition it’s because they agree with it. What is it about the UN that Conservatives don’t like?” Hussain said in a statement quoted by The Globe.

“Is it the work they do for children around the world, is it their programs to support women’s rights and human rights?”

What might be better to ask is whether the Trudeau government, with their strong support of the UN, backs terrorist organizations like Hamas?

Since Oct. 7, the already questionable UN has utterly embarrassed itself as revelations about UN agencies being complicit in supporting Hamas have come forward. Groups like the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) knew full well that Hamas was using hospitals as a front for their tunnel system and to hide weapons and hostages in, but they did nothing.

The UN General Assembly has been quick to condemn Israel, will not condemn Hamas and isn’t nearly as vocal about Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine as it is about Israel’s response to the Hamas attacks.

It’s not just the UN’s one-sided response to Israel and Gaza that should have Canadians thinking about leaving the organization, it’s the rest of its efforts. While the UN may have been founded on a righteous idea with strong principles, it is no longer the organization most Canadians think it is.

The UN’s Human Rights Council includes serial rights abusers like China, Cuba, Algeria, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, to name just a few. In November, Iran chaired a special UN Human Rights Council Social Forum at the same time as the regime was continuing to crack down on its citizens.

In 2022, North Korea took over the leadership of the Council on Disarmament, even as North Korea was actively pursuing nuclear weapons and longer-range missiles.

Those are all reasons to reconsider whether the UN is fulfilling its role and whether Canada should continue supporting the organization. Interestingly, those reasons haven’t even touched on why those supporting the petition want Canada to walk away.

The petition says that the UN and its subsidiary organizations like the World Health Organization impose “negative consequences on the people of Canada, far outweighing any benefits.” It also singles out sustainable development goals, the UN Judicial Review and Agenda 2030 as undermining “national sovereignty and personal autonomy.”

Those are real concerns, though overblown by many, and still not as compelling on the reasons-to-leave front as the overall disfunction of the UN.

There are many ways for Canada to engage in a multilateral fashion on the world stage, some of which the Stephen Harper government did while it was in office. Harper leveraged Canada’s middle-power status at organizations like the G7, G20, NATO, OECD, ASEAN and others to see Canada punch above its weight.

Trudeau decided the focus should be on the UN, but hasn’t raised Canada’s voice in a meaningful way. It’s doubtful that Canada would leave the UN under Trudeau or even under a future Conservative government, but we should put our efforts into organizations where we are working alongside democracies and free societies rather than the dictatorships that hold sway at the UN.

The Liberals and many in the media may think Lewis is crazy for advocating that Canada should leave. I think they are crazy for believing the UN still has a useful role to play in the world.
I have been wondering where to sign. Now I have the petition number.
Thanks Spami

Reactions: 55Mercury