We Need More Men in High Office

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not more males, more men.

The world was in the grip of the Cold War in 1952 when a nuclear reactor began melting down.
That reactor, located at Chalk River Laboratories in Ontario, had suffered an explosion on Dec. 12. Radioactive material had escaped into the atmosphere, and millions of gallons of radioactive water flooded into the reactor’s basement. Thankfully, no one was injured, but the Canadians needed help to disassemble the reactor’s damaged core.

The United States sent 28-year-old Jimmy Carter.
Jimmy tangled with, and beat, a wildcatting nuclear reactor. George H.W. drove a burning torpedo bomber through its attack run and took out his target before bailing out.

Compare to what we've had since.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I thought this was going to be about Russians falling out of windows or down many flights of stairs before I opened this thread.

Tried that up here. Erin O’toole (Captain in the Air Command) vs Justin Trudeau (Drama Teacher). It didn’t take.

Reactions: harrylee

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I thought this was going to be about Russians falling out of windows or down many flights of stairs before I opened this thread.

Tried that up here. Erin O’toole (Captain in the Air Command) vs Justin Trudeau (Drama Teacher). It didn’t take.
Next time try one that don't have a girl's name.

Don't get me wrong, we've had a few hard men with girls' names. And a few hard girls. But it's weird.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Erin is a man's name in Galic.

My sister is called Erin.

"Erin" sort of means "Ireland" in Irish in the dative case.

Whilst the dative case is prevalent in Britain and Ireland's Celtic languages and other European languages there isn't a dative case in English.

An approximate translation of the Irish dative case "Erin" in English is "to Ireland", "from Ireland" or "in Ireland", which in English can only each be formed by separate words.

The actual word for "Ireland" in Irish is "Eire".

Despite her name, my sister has but a small amount of Irish in her. Me and my siblings are English with Scottish and Irish ancestry on our mother's side and Manx and Norwegian ancestry on our father's side.

Last edited:

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
My sister is called Erin.

"Erin" sort of means "Ireland" in Irish in the dative case.

Whilst the dative case is prevalent in Britain and Ireland's Celtic languages and other European languages there isn't a dative case in English.

An approximate translation of the Irish dative case "Erin" in English is "to Ireland", "from Ireland" or "in Ireland."

The actual word for "Ireland" in Irish is "Eire".
The reason people over here get confused is because it is mostly Arron here for males and Erin for girls. Unless you are Irish. Then the rules are sorta fluid.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The reason people over here get confused is because it is mostly Arron here for males and Erin for girls. Unless you are Irish. Then the rules are sorta fluid.

That maybe the case, even though Arron is Hebrew and Erin is Irish.

As a kid I used to call Erin "Arron", and my parents used to say "She's called Erin, not Arron! Arron is a boy's name!".

I also used to call my brother Craig "Kiggy", for some weird reason.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
On the left is my now famous (on this thread) little sister Erin, or "Arron" as I used to call her.

On the right is our cousin Amanda.

Just thought I would put it out there now we're talking about Erins.

img_1_1670315608451.jpg

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Not more males, more men.

Jimmy tangled with, and beat, a wildcatting nuclear reactor. George H.W. drove a burning torpedo bomber through its attack run and took out his target before bailing out.

Compare to what we've had since.
i guess that explains why my cock is florescent. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2