Voting For the Same Party Your Whole Life

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I've voted Conservative, Liberal and NDP over the past few decades.

I believe that the older 'Lifer Liberal Vote' coupled with the fact that many youth vote Left, carries the day in most elections for Trudeau and his ilk.

Add in the fact that MSM in Canada is also Left-leaning, and the Conservatives are behind the 8 Ball on these 3 counts at the very start of most elections.

The Cons need an independent-minded, compassionate thinker at the Helm. As I mentioned earlier this week, I felt Rona Ambrose had the right timber to be PM. But I guess that ship has already sailed.

So what are your thoughts on individuals who only go with the one horse their whole lives? And who do you think should step up and lead the Conservative Party of Canada?

Reactions: taxslave

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Pierre Poilievre comes across as a little too smarmy to me. I'm not a big fan.

Maybe I'll throw my hat into the ring and run for the leadership of the Conservative Party. Canada's first Skitzo PM? At least there would never be a dull moment!

The world is so messed up right now, perhaps a mental, sh*t joke artist like myself would be the perfect tonic for the Nation.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021

Maybe I'll throw my hat into the ring and run for the leadership of the Conservative Party. Canada's first Skitzo PM? At least there would never be a dull moment!

The world is so messed up right now, perhaps a mental, sh*t joke artist like myself would be the perfect tonic for the Nation.
Pierre Poilievre is just like O'Foole. He will say what he thinks his present audience wants to hear and when challenged will waffle the other way.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I've voted Conservative, Liberal and NDP over the past few decades.

I believe that the older 'Lifer Liberal Vote' coupled with the fact that many youth vote Left, carries the day in most elections for Trudeau and his ilk.

Add in the fact that MSM in Canada is also Left-leaning, and the Conservatives are behind the 8 Ball on these 3 counts at the very start of most elections.

The Cons need an independent-minded, compassionate thinker at the Helm. As I mentioned earlier this week, I felt Rona Ambrose had the right timber to be PM. But I guess that ship has already sailed.

So what are your thoughts on individuals who only go with the one horse their whole lives? And who do you think should step up and lead the Conservative Party of Canada?
you would make a great politician. ;)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

you have our vote. ;)

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I actually had a Christ Delusion during one of my many psychotic relapses.

I approached my car and there was a napkin on the ground beside it. I broke that down into 'nap-kin'...as in my kin (my daughters) were about to be kidnapped.

So I raced down to their school to get them. It was recess, and scores of children were playing outside. It was a beautiful bright sunny day and all of the kids were tittering...and I saw no adults around. For a moment i felt like The Lord, and all of these children were my flock.

It was an unearthly experience I'll never forget.

I told my brother I've reached Zen on more than one occasion.

Bro: "Hoof? That's not Zen, it's madness."

Me: "Well, maybe you have to go mad to reach the state of Zen."

Bro: "Hmmm..."

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Won't someone please silence the lamestream media so that we can have our racist podcasts?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Until we move past the deliberation of 'free speech', we'll never have honest discussions.

We just get a bunch of honking in its place.