Vancouver pics

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I was very impressed emma with the way you and Mr. dibbs drove around victoria, I admit at first I thought, no way am I getting in a car with someone that drives on the wrong side of the road 8O But your hubby was a instant canadian driver. It must be friday eh emma :p

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
Oh yeah..it's Friday alright and this weekend is a Bank Holiday so I have three days off coming...hoorah! It's pretty quiet here at work tonight...nearly done now though.

I always find driving on the right pretty easy- your streets are easy compared to the UK- the block design works much better than the British idea of chucking roads in everywhere without thinking about it!!!

Mr Dibbs did volunteer me to drive the automatic car first though- he pretended he thought I had driven one before- I like automatices now though- very relaxing.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I notice that most rental cars are automatic, I wonder why? I guess you could get a standard if you asked for it. I don't like automatics, they don't really make that noise. You know the hum of shifting gears. :p Emma what was your favorite spot in Vancouver???