Vancouver pics

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
That's what they want to do in Seattle ( they used Vancouver as an example) ...build taller, thinner buildings ...in hopes of letting the views be partially seen. I don't think it will work because they will just build more buildings blocking the view even more.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
That's what they want to do in Seattle ( they used Vancouver as an example) ...build taller, thinner buildings ...in hopes of letting the views be partially seen. I don't think it will work because they will just build more buildings blocking the view even more.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
COOL, Twila! I found that site a couple years ago or more (I think there are more pics now). But I forgot where it was.

I sent it to my two sons, who both live in Vancouver now. My wife and I both grew up in Vancouver (Dunbar), and while we left in '72, the early pics on that site are very much like we remember from the 60s'.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
COOL, Twila! I found that site a couple years ago or more (I think there are more pics now). But I forgot where it was.

I sent it to my two sons, who both live in Vancouver now. My wife and I both grew up in Vancouver (Dunbar), and while we left in '72, the early pics on that site are very much like we remember from the 60s'.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC

Hammie

Jan 31, 2005
Victoria BC
Thanks for the link to the panoramic memories of where I grew up. I left in 1980 and when I saw these photos, it was looking into the past. Very cool. Sad, in a way though, as we have paved paradise, next we'll have a tree museum..... 8)

Hammie

Jan 31, 2005
Victoria BC
Thanks for the link to the panoramic memories of where I grew up. I left in 1980 and when I saw these photos, it was looking into the past. Very cool. Sad, in a way though, as we have paved paradise, next we'll have a tree museum..... 8)

Hammie

Jan 31, 2005
Victoria BC

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Hammie said:

But actually Hammie, if you look at the False Creek pics, there is now a lot of GreenSpace, where once were railway lines and huge piles of coal and other minerals, with big Loaders and other machines chugging around all day. You can take long, long walks along a much cleaner waterfront, with grass and trees lining your way.
Not all is worse - not by a long shot.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Hammie said:

But actually Hammie, if you look at the False Creek pics, there is now a lot of GreenSpace, where once were railway lines and huge piles of coal and other minerals, with big Loaders and other machines chugging around all day. You can take long, long walks along a much cleaner waterfront, with grass and trees lining your way.
Not all is worse - not by a long shot.