Vancouver pics

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Hammie said:
Thanks for the link to the panoramic memories of where I grew up. I left in 1980 and when I saw these photos, it was looking into the past. Very cool. Sad, in a way though, as we have paved paradise, next we'll have a tree museum..... 8)

But actually Hammie, if you look at the False Creek pics, there is now a lot of GreenSpace, where once were railway lines and huge piles of coal and other minerals, with big Loaders and other machines chugging around all day. You can take long, long walks along a much cleaner waterfront, with grass and trees lining your way.
Not all is worse - not by a long shot.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm 34. Feel about 20 most of the time. Stumbling around running into walls. Tripping over my shoelaces and other peoples shoelaces. Making stupid comments before the brain actually kicks in. Kicking myself in the ass most of the time. The look the seagull has in my avatar is how I feel much of the time. Questioning. Not knowing for sure. Rather lost. But definately happy. lol

I'm not sure if 34 is young. If I ask my daughter who's 13 I'm old. If I talk to co-workers and friends I'm young. What I know for sure is that I don't know. lol

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm 34. Feel about 20 most of the time. Stumbling around running into walls. Tripping over my shoelaces and other peoples shoelaces. Making stupid comments before the brain actually kicks in. Kicking myself in the ass most of the time. The look the seagull has in my avatar is how I feel much of the time. Questioning. Not knowing for sure. Rather lost. But definately happy. lol

I'm not sure if 34 is young. If I ask my daughter who's 13 I'm old. If I talk to co-workers and friends I'm young. What I know for sure is that I don't know. lol

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Isn't it. No1. I've heard that a apartment before expo was $400.00 after expo.....Over $800.00! I wasn't here at that time. I've only been here 5 yrs. So I haven't yet seen changes....except for the walmart on 88th/Nordel!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Isn't it. No1. I've heard that a apartment before expo was $400.00 after expo.....Over $800.00! I wasn't here at that time. I've only been here 5 yrs. So I haven't yet seen changes....except for the walmart on 88th/Nordel!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
yep. I remember when Scott road was just a two lane road with not much on it but Scottsdale mall and all the roads in Surrey had names not numbers. Of course we moved to Surrey in 1971 when I was 4 and it has changed a lot. And I mean a lot. I still remember the old "Home" gas station at 108 (aka Ferguson rd) and King George. I also remember how Surrey place mall just had Sears and the Bay and a little mall in between and how they expanded to add the zellers wing now Extra foods wing. and how guildford used to have a big kids play area (The best I ever seen)uncovered in middle of the mall when it just had Woodwards, Eaton's and Wal mart was a wool-co. Was not much south of there. And Newton was the boonies! ha I must be getting sentimental in my old age.

When I graduated in 1985 from North Surrey High it was pretty much bush around there unlike now. :)

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
yep. I remember when Scott road was just a two lane road with not much on it but Scottsdale mall and all the roads in Surrey had names not numbers. Of course we moved to Surrey in 1971 when I was 4 and it has changed a lot. And I mean a lot. I still remember the old "Home" gas station at 108 (aka Ferguson rd) and King George. I also remember how Surrey place mall just had Sears and the Bay and a little mall in between and how they expanded to add the zellers wing now Extra foods wing. and how guildford used to have a big kids play area (The best I ever seen)uncovered in middle of the mall when it just had Woodwards, Eaton's and Wal mart was a wool-co. Was not much south of there. And Newton was the boonies! ha I must be getting sentimental in my old age.

When I graduated in 1985 from North Surrey High it was pretty much bush around there unlike now. :)

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Hammie

Jan 31, 2005
Victoria BC
I must admit that there has been a lot of beautification and reclamation that has restored many natural settings and given people who live in the city a place to enjoy the natural aspects of Vancouver. It's not bad, just different.

Hammie

Jan 31, 2005
Victoria BC
I must admit that there has been a lot of beautification and reclamation that has restored many natural settings and given people who live in the city a place to enjoy the natural aspects of Vancouver. It's not bad, just different.

Hammie

Jan 31, 2005
Victoria BC

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
That is fantastic...I have forwarded the site on to loads of people at work...to make them jealous. I think Vancouver is beautiful...the city is really well designed, yes there are the skyscrapers but there are so many green areas within the city you don't feel like you are in a city. AND you can drive through it without wanting to jump out of your car and kill people...try driving in London- then you'll know road rage.