Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
And WHO decides s the elections are "honest"??? The system seems to have worked well this time...... with observers and and checks in place. That is why the recounts are showing no issues.

The problem that seems to have emerged is that Trump has convinced a lot of people to believe his BS. and now if he says he won........(even if he did not_ they will support that. His constant lying is very orwellian.......and are accepted as truths by his followers. Fact checkers be damned.

This is crazy time in the US........ but it shows how much influence trump has over the followers minds. Many are already dumbed down as it is........ and that makes them pliable for such an influence. His supporters are there for him to Use as he sees fit , in order to keep power. His supporters enable him in his beliefs & delusions. .
ā€œItā€™s not just that he eats cheeseburgers at a big celebratory dinner. Itā€™s not just that he does things that the common man can kind of appreciate. And itā€™s not even because he uses kind of simplistic languageā€”he doesnā€™t use complicated, wonky language, the way a lot of Democrats do,ā€ Slotkin said. ā€œWe sometimes make people feel like they arenā€™t conscientious enough. They arenā€™t thoughtful enough. They arenā€™t ā€˜wokeā€™ enough. They arenā€™t smart enough or educated enough to just understand whatā€™s good for them. ā€¦ Itā€™s talking down to people. Itā€™s alienating them. And thereā€™s just certain voters who feel so distant from the political processā€”itā€™s not their life, itā€™s not their world. They hate it. They donā€™t like all that politics stuff. Trump speaks to them, because he includes them.ā€

ā€œI remember, long before, literally, Donald Trump was even a twinkle in our eye, the way that people in my life here couldnā€™t stand political correctness. And I think [this is] the same kind of sentiment,ā€ Slotkin explained. ā€œBecause the political correctness is thinking youā€™re better than somebody elseā€”itā€™s correcting someone. Now, I happen to believe that we live in a different era, and that we have to be better than we were in previous eras. ā€¦ But people do feel looked down upon.ā€

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Letter from GSA Emily Murphy to Joe Biden, the transition process will begin:

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Impressive, for both Biden and Trump. Biden becomes the first candidate in American election history to get over 80 million votes, and Trump gets almost 74 million, the most ever for a losing candidate.

As Donald Trump refuses to concede and accept the results of the 2020 election, President-elect Joe Bidenā€™s total tally of votes surpassed 80 million on Tuesday, the most ever cast for a presidential candidate in United States history, with Biden capturing a historically significant 51% of the countryā€™s popular vote.

KEY FACTS

A total of 80,033,996 ballots have been cast for Biden, according to Cook Political Report data.
The previous all-time record of 69,498,516 was set by Barack Obama (with Biden as his running mate) in 2008.
Trumpā€™s vote total of 73,878,907 is the most ever for a Republican candidate, as well as the most ever for a presidential loser.
Bidenā€™s total will continue to rise as the remainder of the country's votes are tabulated (less than 85% of votes cast in New York have been counted as of Tuesday morning).

SURPRISING FACT:

Biden is the first presidential challenger to capture more than 50% of the popular vote while running against an incumbent since Franklin Delano Roosevelt defeated Herbert Hoover in 1932.

KEY BACKGROUND:

Despite losing, Trump also benefited from a remarkably engaged electorate in 2020. (In the process, Trump became the first president since Benjamin Harrison in 1892 to lose the popular vote twice in successive election cycles.) Nonetheless, Bidenā€™s margin of victory is decisive. Bidenā€™s leads in raw numbers (6.2 million) and the percentage of the popular vote (3.9%) are both larger than those of Obamaā€™s victory over Mitt Romney in 2012. This is notable because Trump previously described Romney's loss as a ā€œslaughtering,ā€ declaring that ā€œRomney lost so badly.ā€ Biden is also on pace to secure 306 electoral votes. When Trump had the same number of electoral votes in 2016, he referred to the results as a ā€œlandslide,ā€ a ā€œblowoutā€ and a ā€œhistoricā€ victory.

TANGENT:

The 2020 election marks the seventh time in the last eight presidential elections that the Democratic candidate has won the popular vote (1992, 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012 and 2016). Itā€™s the first time in history either party, Democrats or Republicans, can make that claim.

CRITICAL QUOTE:

ā€œItā€™s just a lot of noise going on because Donald Trump is a bull who carries his own china shop with him,ā€ Douglas Brinkley, a presidential historian at Rice University, told the Associated Press. ā€œOnce the noise recedes, itā€™s going to be clear that Biden won a very convincing victory.ā€

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Impressive, for both Biden and Trump. Biden becomes the first candidate in American election history to get over 80 million votes, and Trump gets almost 74 million, the most ever for a losing candidate.

As Donald Trump refuses to concede and accept the results of the 2020 election, President-elect Joe Bidenā€™s total tally of votes surpassed 80 million on Tuesday, the most ever cast for a presidential candidate in United States history, with Biden capturing a historically significant 51% of the countryā€™s popular vote.

KEY FACTS

A total of 80,033,996 ballots have been cast for Biden, according to Cook Political Report data.
The previous all-time record of 69,498,516 was set by Barack Obama (with Biden as his running mate) in 2008.
Trumpā€™s vote total of 73,878,907 is the most ever for a Republican candidate, as well as the most ever for a presidential loser.
Bidenā€™s total will continue to rise as the remainder of the country's votes are tabulated (less than 85% of votes cast in New York have been counted as of Tuesday morning).

SURPRISING FACT:

Biden is the first presidential challenger to capture more than 50% of the popular vote while running against an incumbent since Franklin Delano Roosevelt defeated Herbert Hoover in 1932.

KEY BACKGROUND:

Despite losing, Trump also benefited from a remarkably engaged electorate in 2020. (In the process, Trump became the first president since Benjamin Harrison in 1892 to lose the popular vote twice in successive election cycles.) Nonetheless, Bidenā€™s margin of victory is decisive. Bidenā€™s leads in raw numbers (6.2 million) and the percentage of the popular vote (3.9%) are both larger than those of Obamaā€™s victory over Mitt Romney in 2012. This is notable because Trump previously described Romney's loss as a ā€œslaughtering,ā€ declaring that ā€œRomney lost so badly.ā€ Biden is also on pace to secure 306 electoral votes. When Trump had the same number of electoral votes in 2016, he referred to the results as a ā€œlandslide,ā€ a ā€œblowoutā€ and a ā€œhistoricā€ victory.

TANGENT:

The 2020 election marks the seventh time in the last eight presidential elections that the Democratic candidate has won the popular vote (1992, 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012 and 2016). Itā€™s the first time in history either party, Democrats or Republicans, can make that claim.

CRITICAL QUOTE:

ā€œItā€™s just a lot of noise going on because Donald Trump is a bull who carries his own china shop with him,ā€ Douglas Brinkley, a presidential historian at Rice University, told the Associated Press. ā€œOnce the noise recedes, itā€™s going to be clear that Biden won a very convincing victory.ā€

Sounds fishy doesnā€™t it ?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nah, my day was made this morning. I'm indifferent on US politics. Biden is going to have to work his ass off to keep the US on top and I have doubts he can work past noon without dozing off and taking naps.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Nah, my day was made this morning. I'm indifferent on US politics. Biden is going to have to work his ass off to keep the US on top and I have doubts he can work past noon without dozing off and taking naps.
Oh he has a monumental task ahead of him for sure, especially with Trump's base as strong as it is. Will Trumpism shadow over Washington for some time? Who knows. Joe is known for working across the aisle, we'll see what he can do. If I'm correct, I believe I heard today that he was even considering at least one Republican appointee to his team. Haha on the naps, I think he'll manage to stay awake.

Reactions: petros