Trump expected to nominate Judge Amy Coney Barrett to U.S. Supreme Court Saturday

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Given the slipshod methods of Mousseolini's administration, the appointment may be withdrawn if capable investigation reveals that Judge Barrett ever showed a hint that she might favor the law over the crazy fat kid.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
WOW!! What dirt is CNN/MSNBC/BLM/ANTIFA going to dig up on her..
A soccer mom, who has one handy cap child, adopted 2 from Haiti (or rescued them from the Clinton foundation)
Amazing woman

Are you hoping she is more loyal to Trump or to the US Constitution?

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Amy Coney Barrett past quote on Roe V Wade:

“I don’t think abortion or the right to abortion would change. I think some of the restrictions would change ... The question is how much freedom the court is willing to let states have in regulating abortion.” — 2016 remarks on how a conservative Supreme Court could alter current law on abortion, saying it wasn’t likely to try and overturn Roe v. Wade. She said the questions the high court would be willing to address would be states’ restrictions on abortions, including how abortion clinics operate.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
How about the potential balance of Republican power ?? It is all 'political" now. There s also reason that Trump likes them young.

I guess the same could be said for any President appointing a Judge to the SCOTUS. Liking them young that is.

Trump seems to think that appointing a Judge means that they will be blindly loyal to him, and will simply do his bidding, forgetting about something called the Constitution.

Amy Coney Barrett said herself:

“We shouldn’t be putting people on the court that share our policy preferences. We should be putting people on the court who want to apply the Constitution.” — 2016 speech at Jacksonville University’s Public Policy Institute.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Amy Coney Barrett past quote on Roe V Wade:
“I don’t think abortion or the right to abortion would change. I think some of the restrictions would change ... The question is how much freedom the court is willing to let states have in regulating abortion.” — 2016 remarks on how a conservative Supreme Court could alter current law on abortion, saying it wasn’t likely to try and overturn Roe v. Wade. She said the questions the high court would be willing to address would be states’ restrictions on abortions, including how abortion clinics operate.

A red Walter? So you don't like what Amy Coney Barrett had to say about abortion? Criticizing her already huh?