Trump at 1,200 days plus

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Grantifa! (anti-fascist grannies).
You know you are in trouble when you piss off the grannies.

"No more cookies for you assholes."

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Operation Diligent Valor: Teargassing Nurses, Shooting Medics, Attacking Veterans Who've Seen Their Own Atrocities, Thanks

Protests continue to swell in Portland, where the desperate, racist ghoul in the White House has dismissed "innocent 'mothers'" as "a scam" - he should know - and hysterically argued, "The 'protesters' are actually anarchists who hate out country." Actually, not. Protesters now include steadfast walls of regular people - moms, dads, veterans, nurses, doctors, teachers - all outraged by, reporting on, and sometimes falling victim to "what our government has unleashed on its own people" - "militarized federal troops shooting indiscriminately into crowds of ordinary people." The unleashing comes under what turns out to be the laughably grandiose, stupefyingly distorted rubric of "Operation Diligent Valor." Also revealed: The operation's valorous goons largely come from the Department of Homeland Security's Rapid Deployment Force, a ragtag group of bullies known as "the robocops of border control" for their famed "culture of cruelty" and racism, flavored with zero accountability. After years of corralling and dehumanizing terrified migrants, offers one chilling observer, they've earned the name #TrumpGestapo: "These are his people." Still, while his people keep blindly, savagely arresting, terrorizing and injuring protesters - including journalists despite a court order to stop doing so - pesky patriots keep demanding their First Amendment right to speak up against injustice. This weekend, Virginia neighbors of Acting-Thug-In-Chief Chad Wolf even went to his pastoral home to declare, "We will not be good Germans. We will not be the people who sat by and watched our neighbors commit these atrocities and said nothing because their kids were home."
Back in Portland, the protests feature joyful scenes of bubbles blowing, drums thumming, thousands of moms waving cell phone lights while chanting, "Black lives matter" and "Hands up, please don't shoo-oot" interspersed with harrowing outbursts of violence by out-of-control soldiers. The Wall of Moms, who often put themselves arm-in-arm between them and other protesters - one describes the sea parting for them when they arrive - have been joined by a Wall of Dads with shields and leaf-blowers, a Wall of Vets - "We are here: America, we got you. From coast to coast," a Wall of Nurses, a Wall of Doctors and the stalwart folks of Riot Ribs, grilling through the teargas. The walls seem more solid than the border wall that may or may not have just been blown down by Hurricane Hanna, and much more humane. They feature impassioned attempts at communicating: A black protester who whips off his shirt - "See? No weapons, just conversation. We need answers" - to a white Vietnam vet and army medic who berates the silent camo line for atrocities like those he saw in war. He gets swiftly, savagely teargassed in the face; so does a cancer nurse trying to help another protester. A medic posted grisly photos after he was shot in the chest; a veteran describes the calm before the storm, then adds, in shocked sorrow, "I was flashbanged by my own country today." Trump is reportedly sending yet more troops to Portland, because piling on grievous error is all he knows. But the resolve in Portland does not bode well for him and his goons. Maureen Healy is a 52-year-old mother and the history chair at Lewis and Clark College, specializing in German history and the rise of fascism, who was shot in the head by troops. In the E.R., "It dawned on me - my government did this to me." She goes on, "What happened to me is nothing...compared to what happens to Black citizens at the hands of law enforcement (every) day...That is why I will continue to march."
"I am knowledgeable about the historical slide by which seemingly vibrant democracies succumbed to authoritarian rule. We are on that slide." - history professor Maureen Healy

More: https://www.commondreams.org/furthe...ing-nurses-shooting-medics-attacking-veterans

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Operation Diligent Valor: Teargassing Nurses, Shooting Medics, Attacking Veterans Who've Seen Their Own Atrocities, Thanks

Protests continue to swell in Portland, where the desperate, racist ghoul in the White House has dismissed "innocent 'mothers'" as "a scam" - he should know - and hysterically argued, "The 'protesters' are actually anarchists who hate out country." Actually, not. Protesters now include steadfast walls of regular people - moms, dads, veterans, nurses, doctors, teachers - all outraged by, reporting on, and sometimes falling victim to "what our government has unleashed on its own people" - "militarized federal troops shooting indiscriminately into crowds of ordinary people." The unleashing comes under what turns out to be the laughably grandiose, stupefyingly distorted rubric of "Operation Diligent Valor." Also revealed: The operation's valorous goons largely come from the Department of Homeland Security's Rapid Deployment Force, a ragtag group of bullies known as "the robocops of border control" for their famed "culture of cruelty" and racism, flavored with zero accountability. After years of corralling and dehumanizing terrified migrants, offers one chilling observer, they've earned the name #TrumpGestapo: "These are his people." Still, while his people keep blindly, savagely arresting, terrorizing and injuring protesters - including journalists despite a court order to stop doing so - pesky patriots keep demanding their First Amendment right to speak up against injustice. This weekend, Virginia neighbors of Acting-Thug-In-Chief Chad Wolf even went to his pastoral home to declare, "We will not be good Germans. We will not be the people who sat by and watched our neighbors commit these atrocities and said nothing because their kids were home."
Back in Portland, the protests feature joyful scenes of bubbles blowing, drums thumming, thousands of moms waving cell phone lights while chanting, "Black lives matter" and "Hands up, please don't shoo-oot" interspersed with harrowing outbursts of violence by out-of-control soldiers. The Wall of Moms, who often put themselves arm-in-arm between them and other protesters - one describes the sea parting for them when they arrive - have been joined by a Wall of Dads with shields and leaf-blowers, a Wall of Vets - "We are here: America, we got you. From coast to coast," a Wall of Nurses, a Wall of Doctors and the stalwart folks of Riot Ribs, grilling through the teargas. The walls seem more solid than the border wall that may or may not have just been blown down by Hurricane Hanna, and much more humane. They feature impassioned attempts at communicating: A black protester who whips off his shirt - "See? No weapons, just conversation. We need answers" - to a white Vietnam vet and army medic who berates the silent camo line for atrocities like those he saw in war. He gets swiftly, savagely teargassed in the face; so does a cancer nurse trying to help another protester. A medic posted grisly photos after he was shot in the chest; a veteran describes the calm before the storm, then adds, in shocked sorrow, "I was flashbanged by my own country today." Trump is reportedly sending yet more troops to Portland, because piling on grievous error is all he knows. But the resolve in Portland does not bode well for him and his goons. Maureen Healy is a 52-year-old mother and the history chair at Lewis and Clark College, specializing in German history and the rise of fascism, who was shot in the head by troops. In the E.R., "It dawned on me - my government did this to me." She goes on, "What happened to me is nothing...compared to what happens to Black citizens at the hands of law enforcement (every) day...That is why I will continue to march."
"I am knowledgeable about the historical slide by which seemingly vibrant democracies succumbed to authoritarian rule. We are on that slide." - history professor Maureen Healy

More: https://www.commondreams.org/furthe...ing-nurses-shooting-medics-attacking-veterans

Burn it down Man .

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

JOSH FIELDER, PORTLAND PROTESTER WRITES:

I haven’t stood or marched in a formation in 22 years but tonight, I stood shoulder to shoulder with veterans from every service, of varying ages, and backgrounds. One was a Navy Captain who taught at the War College.

One was a young Marine Captain who was in Afghanistan six months ago. There was an Army Infantry Major who wore her dress blues jacket. An ex Coast Guard skipper stood to my left.

There were close to 75 of us and we formed a platoon sized group in column of threes. My muscle memory snapped to when I heard, “Detail, attenSHUN!!” By that time, right face and forward harch were already cued in my mind and my chest stuck out when we began to march.

When we entered the protest area, cheers erupted, and they made space for us up front, against the fence. When we were called to halt, and then left face, I was staring directly at the door they said the federal agents had been coming through previously when they’ve decided to disperse the crowds. My brothers and sisters and I stood silently at the position of parade rest for 90 minutes.

I had plenty of time to hear the chants, see the protestors, read their signs, see their eyes, hear their words. Union workers, moms, teachers, dads, hospital workers, veterans, press, young, old, every color under the sun and every walk of life were represented in solidarity. Their voices were loud and their message was clear.

I love that I got to be there and participate, even if it was silently. We were not there to speak for anyone. Only to make sure those who needed to be heard were allowed to speak. I love that I got to see firsthand what was going on in this city I’ve adopted as home. And I’m proud to have been part of it, even when the tear gas and explosions began.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

I haven’t stood or marched in a formation in 22 years but tonight, I stood shoulder to shoulder with veterans from every service, of varying ages, and backgrounds. One was a Navy Captain who taught at the War College.

One was a young Marine Captain who was in Afghanistan six months ago. There was an Army Infantry Major who wore her dress blues jacket. An ex Coast Guard skipper stood to my left.

There were close to 75 of us and we formed a platoon sized group in column of threes. My muscle memory snapped to when I heard, “Detail, attenSHUN!!” By that time, right face and forward harch were already cued in my mind and my chest stuck out when we began to march.

When we entered the protest area, cheers erupted, and they made space for us up front, against the fence. When we were called to halt, and then left face, I was staring directly at the door they said the federal agents had been coming through previously when they’ve decided to disperse the crowds. My brothers and sisters and I stood silently at the position of parade rest for 90 minutes.

I had plenty of time to hear the chants, see the protestors, read their signs, see their eyes, hear their words. Union workers, moms, teachers, dads, hospital workers, veterans, press, young, old, every color under the sun and every walk of life were represented in solidarity. Their voices were loud and their message was clear.

I love that I got to be there and participate, even if it was silently. We were not there to speak for anyone. Only to make sure those who needed to be heard were allowed to speak. I love that I got to see firsthand what was going on in this city I’ve adopted as home. And I’m proud to have been part of it, even when the tear gas and explosions began.
They need to start carrying guns.

Lots of guns.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Burn it down Man .

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Marxist , prog shit.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

Complete bullshit.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's pretty funny seeing Walter peeking out from behind the crazy fat kid's skirts, squealing his rage and terror at men and women who have fought for this country.

Then I remember Walter is not American, and does not wish us well.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Statement by Maureen Healy, July 22, 2020

For Immediate Release:

"Since June, I've been attending peaceful protests in Portland neighborhoods in support of Black Lives Matter.

I have gone with family and friends. I am a 52-year-old mother. I am a history professor.

I went downtown yesterday to express my opinion as a citizen of the United States, and as a resident of Portland, Oregon. This is my home. I was protesting peacefully.

So why did federal troops shoot me in the head Monday night?

I was in a large crowd of ordinary folks. Adults, teens, students. Moms & dads. It looked to me like a cross-section of the City. Black Lives Matter voices led the crowd on a peaceful march from the Justice Center past the murals at the Apple store. The marchers were singing songs, chanting, & saying names of Black people killed by police. We observed a moment of silence in front of George Floyd mural

I wanted to, & will continue to, exercise my 1st Amendment right to speak.

Federal troops have been sent to my city to extinguish these peaceful protests. I was not damaging federal property. I was in a crowd with at least 1,000 other ordinary people. I was standing in a public space.

In addition to being a Portland resident, I am also a historian.

My field is Modern European History, with specialization in the history of Germany and Eastern Europe. I teach my students about the rise of fascism in Europe.

By professional training and long years of teaching, I am knowledgeable about the historical slide by which seemingly vibrant democracies succumbed to authoritarian rule. Militarized federal troops are shooting indiscriminately into crowds of ordinary people in our country. We are on that slide.

It dawned on me in the ER, when I had a chance to catch my breath (post tear gas): my government did this to me. My own government. I was not shot by a random person in the street. A federal law enforcement officer pulled a trigger that sent an impact munition into my head.

After being hit I was assisted greatly by several volunteer medics. At least one of them was with Rosehip Medic Collective. To take shelter from the teargas I was hustled into a nearby van. Inside they bandaged my head & drove me several blocks away. From there my family took me to the ER. I am grateful for the assistance, skill, and incredibly kind care of these volunteer medics.

We must take this back to Black Lives Matter.

Police brutality against Black people is the real subject of these peaceful protests that have been happening in my city and across the country. What happened to me is nothing compared to what happens to Black citizens at the hands of law enforcement, mostly local police, every day. And that is why we have been marching. That is why I will continue to march."