Trudeau Liberals surge ahead over Conservatives

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Most people are busy leading their busy lives , they pay little to no attention to politics . They vote for the party they have always supported , regardless of what is happening around them ,it is only a massive scandal or complete anger that sways the popular vote from the liberal party .
Trend in voting over recent years has become to vote the incumbent out rather than to have a candidate win the election based on a campaign. Eventually it will happen with Trudeau.

I really don't see the Liberals increasing their support. Nothing they have done would encourage someone who has given up voting to decide to make the effort to cast a ballot in their favour and I can't see anyone switching because of the track record of excellence which never happened.

Just seems the other parties are in possibly worse shape.

I would be supportive of a tax payer party and believe they would have the ability to attract voters who have given up voting. Low voter participation is one of the biggest issues and works in favour of the incumbents.

The west can not trust the Conservatives and the Conservatives will be unlikely to win so why bother to back them. Independent western representation needs to happen with this election. Guaranteed they win 30 seats.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Appears Sophie Gregoire may not be voting Liberal in this election. HHHMMMM

"Some media tabloids have pointed out that Justin Trudeau and his wife Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau have parted ways and are living separately for the time being. Moreover, these rumours have been sparked after Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau was asked about her personal life stating that no marriage is easy."

She has him at a good time as being a top earner and would get a nice alimony settlement.

Dogs might be the first to know but women aren't far behind.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This is maybe weird but…in listing where the Federal Party Leaders will be on the 14th day of the Election that only Justin Trudeau wanted….the CBC Liberal Cheerleading Squad doesn’t even mention Justin Trudeau??

Seriously, Google CBC & “Where the main party leaders are on Day 14 of the federal election campaign” and no mention of JT what so ever?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
From the Globe & Mail on 08/26/21:

Quebec Premier François Legault weighed into the federal election campaign on Thursday, making health care and immigration his priorities and criticizing the Liberal and NDP platforms as out of step with nationalists in the province.

Mr. Legault took issue with Liberal and NDP proposals for new health care funding that would be tied to specific areas, such as long-term care. He said federal health care transfers should be enhanced substantially and then annual increases of 6 per cent locked in.

(This sounds familiar like I’ve heard it somewhere before…recently even…)

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
This is maybe weird but…in listing where the Federal Party Leaders will be on the 14th day of the Election that only Justin Trudeau wanted….the CBC Liberal Cheerleading Squad doesn’t even mention Justin Trudeau??

Seriously, Google CBC & “Where the main party leaders are on Day 14 of the federal election campaign” and no mention of JT what so ever?
For national security reasons ;)

Reactions: petros and taxslave

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Zero mention of Trudeau above at all. It’s the election that he called & only he wanted…

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
May as well get used to him. He will win again....and again....as long as O'Toole is the leader of the conservtives
I know the only poll that matters is the one on Sept 20th….but I wouldn’t be to sure at this point looking at the last two weeks & knowing there’s only another three weeks to go….
1630189154545.jpeg
There’s still time for a couple more scandals and an ethics violation or two, during a pandemic election that only he wanted…only 22 months after the last one, with JT getting everything he wanted except complete unaccountablity…

Parliament is on hold for at least the next three weeks, and all the leaders are getting media attention instead of just Justin from the front steps of his cottage speaking moistly. You might be very very wrong in your prediction….🤞

Pete_Coach

Time Out
Feb 19, 2020
I know the only poll that matters is the one on Sept 20th….but I wouldn’t be to sure at this point looking at the last two weeks & knowing there’s only another three weeks to go….
View attachment 9795
There’s still time for a couple more scandals and an ethics violation or two, during a pandemic election that only he wanted…only 22 months after the last one, with JT getting everything he wanted except complete unaccountablity…

Parliament is on hold for at least the next three weeks, and all the leaders are getting media attention instead of just Justin from the front steps of his cottage speaking moistly. You might be very very wrong in your prediction….🤞
Harper was ahead in the polls the day before the election too. Also, voters seem to disregard the gaffes, the misleading tactics, the lies and the cronyism if the other leaders are deemed not suitable to be the PM. Personality has a lot to do with picking a leader and Trudeau seems to have oodles of personality compared to O'Toole...as polls indicate.