Trudeau Gov't looking to force Canadian news media licensing and regulation

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
It's a war on Ezra Levant's Rebel and True North News.

Trudeau must still be upset the LPC lost in Court after not allowing them to cover election debates.

It's a personal issue and an abuse of power.
Let's not lose sight of the fact that Levant is a mouthpiece for far-right extremist groups and spends much of his time in court defending his big yap, and even more time hammering out retractions and apologies to keep his ass out of court. I'm all for protection of journalists, but that name does not apply to Levant.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Let's not lose sight of the fact that Levant is a mouthpiece for far-right extremist groups and spends much of his time in court defending his big yap, and even more time hammering out retractions and apologies to keep his ass out of court. I'm all for protection of journalists, but that name does not apply to Levant.
You should view a couple of the lefty rags. Makes one nauseous just reading them.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Of course only the approved message is to be heard .

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Good luck. Stay away from the Liberal party owned mainstream media.
Like the National Post ? The Toronto Star ?

I think if anyone has a lick of sense they can recognize and sift through political bias, it's next to impossible to find a truly unbiased news source these days. About the best ones out there are the news services like AP, Reuters, or the Canadian Press domestically, but these all come with a hefty price tag. If you're trying to tell me that the CBC is unreliable because they lean to the left then that calls your credibility into question. The National Post leans to the right, but I still pick up a copy on weekends. Bias is one thing, misinformation is another. It's more than a little ironic that the same people who like to say that the CBC is an unreliable news source are the same people who support sensationalist hacks and liars like Ezra Levant and Tucker Carlson.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Like the National Post ? The Toronto Star ?

I think if anyone has a lick of sense they can recognize and sift through political bias, it's next to impossible to find a truly unbiased news source these days. About the best ones out there are the news services like AP, Reuters, or the Canadian Press domestically, but these all come with a hefty price tag. If you're trying to tell me that the CBC is unreliable because they lean to the left then that calls your credibility into question. The National Post leans to the right, but I still pick up a copy on weekends. Bias is one thing, misinformation is another. It's more than a little ironic that the same people who like to say that the CBC is an unreliable news source are the same people who support sensationalist hacks and liars like Ezra Levant and Tucker Carlson.
EZRA at least has good comical value. And yes CBC is as biased as they come.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
EZRA at least has good comical value.
I'll give him that much, but there are people out there stupid enough to take him seriously.
And yes CBC is as biased as they come.
But if you know that going in then you can look past it, same with MSM that leans to the right, Bias is not so much the issue if you can screen it out, the issue is with so-called "news sources" that resort to misinformation to support their bias. Again this goes to the ability of the media consumer to recognize when they are being lied, and it's apparent that way too many people are will to gobble up yellow journalism and run with it. Do we really want a mess on our hands like our neighbours to the south ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Who is this news source that doesn’t use misinformation to support their bias ? I have yet to find it .

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Who is this news source that doesn’t use misinformation to support their bias ? I have yet to find it .
Like I said above, these days it seems to be restricted to the subscription News Services so not available to you and me woithout a hefty price tag. We have to settle for the news outlets who use the services who all tend to put their own spin on it before it gets to us. It's possible to get an objective view of an issue, but it involves using multiple sources and honing the skill to filter out the bias. A whole lot of people don't care about that, they're willing to listen to hack journalism and accept it as truth just because it happens to fit their own political bias.

Reactions: Mowich

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I'll give him that much, but there are people out there stupid enough to take him seriously.

But if you know that going in then you can look past it, same with MSM that leans to the right, Bias is not so much the issue if you can screen it out, the issue is with so-called "news sources" that resort to misinformation to support their bias. Again this goes to the ability of the media consumer to recognize when they are being lied, and it's apparent that way too many people are will to gobble up yellow journalism and run with it. Do we really want a mess on our hands like our neighbours to the south ?
Balance is more of an issue for me then bias. The cbc has been biased for years but now they rarely if ever present both sides of a story which is why I never waste my time tuning into any of their broadcasts or news.